Time Trials 2019 - Round 01 - American Grand Park

doubleg213

rd01.jpg

This is a track I have used for several events in the past and which always seems to be popular.

Although the Dukes is very stable in comparison to many of the other Muscle cars the track is mostly very fast and although big time can be gained the extra speed can mean some very simple mistakes prove very costly.

rules04.png

The only allowed car is the Imponte Dukes which is available from Southern San Andreas Super Autos for $62k or free if you had the game on PS3.

current04.png

Sunday 7th April 2019 at Midnight (GMT) and (UTC).

current05.png

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/job/gtav/P6eam6kRP0C6rBKw7vr_tg

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 5

Boom! First in to say good luck to everyone...  not that I mean it at all 😂

Get those laps in before the 7th!!!

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 3

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

We have one eager be*ver and a possible recipient of some kind of award as I already have a submitted time from someone!

• Like 1

I have spread the word on the XDBX site and will on Twitter.

I will submit a time, albeit most likely a sh*tty time.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

2 hours ago, Hatch said:

I have spread the word on the XDBX site and will on Twitter.

I will submit a time, albeit most likely a sh*tty time.

The race is on for the sh*ttiest of times

• Like 2

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

27 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

The race is on for the sh*ttiest of times

ready lets go GIF by Leroy Patterson

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

1 hour ago, Hatch said:

ready lets go GIF by Leroy Patterson

Well the Hipster Award is back... and claimed outright!

• Like 1

I don't want to be that guy, except I always am, but technically there can be no hipster award considering I've gone for the one make option this year. 

Although, I do intend to have one round which will give a choice of two vehicles between the p*sswasser Dominator and the Sprunk Buffalo. 

• Like 1

I actually got a few laps in last night...

It’s a tough track to get right and there are a couple of spots where you can lose a lot of momentum. It is a great track to drive though and the time just flew by.

It's an unforgiving track is how I'd describe it. You push the car slightly too much over the limits or take a line slightly too wide and you've had it

• Like 1

No, I didn't misspell Salad 

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

Hyundai Coupe TSIII Fanclub

31 minutes ago, Aslad said:

It's an unforgiving track is how I'd describe it. You push the car slightly too much over the limits or take a line slightly too wide and you've had it

The car definitely exaggerates that too... we should expected it from Mr ‘Grip is Overatted’ 1975 😂

I am struggling to break the barrier we mentioned the other night, a few weeks to go though and our times should have dropped rapidly by the time we put them in.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

The car definitely exaggerates that too... we should expected it from Mr ‘Grip is Overatted’ 1975 😂

I am struggling to break the barrier we mentioned the other night, a few weeks to go though and our times should have dropped rapidly by the time we put them in.

I still haven't gotten below my time either. Which was already a good two seconds or so slower than Dave's one 😛

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

2 minutes ago, Aslad said:

I still haven't gotten below my time either. Which was already a good two seconds or so slower than Dave's one 😛

Might try and get on before SCAR tonight...

Would be nice if @Crawford1872 started posting his secret ‘how to’ videos again, they helped me shave off a little time last season. 😉 

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 3

This is all a bit odd, I picked the Dukes because I see it as being very stable so I am not sure where all of this sliding about you guys are getting is coming from. 

1 hour ago, doubleg213 said:

This is all a bit odd, I picked the Dukes because I see it as being very stable so I am not sure where all of this sliding about you guys are getting is coming from. 

Quite stable for a Muscle Car, it’s not exactly Elegy Retro territory when it comes to grip though.

No complaints here though, just ability based whinging.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, doubleg213 said:

They need something to complain about cuz they know I am gonna swoop in here and take the lead till the end of time.

Spoiler

• Like 2

11 hours ago, doubleg213 said:

Like Chubb, it's stable for a muscle car.

Unfortunately when it's me driving, any hint of a lack of grip and i've had it 😛

• Like 1

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

15 hours ago, Aslad said:

Like Chubb, it's stable for a muscle car.

Unfortunately when it's me driving, any hint of a lack of grip and i've had it 😛

I’m leaving it alone until after this weeks SRL...

Swapping between the Feltzer and Dukes is causing me much confusion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Lann said:

Any way to avoid rain, how does that work if there is no option for weather?

The weather is probably set to ‘Current’ in Creator, with stunt races you cannot change the weather, it just goes with what is set in Creator.

• Like 1

Ah, that's an issue. 

With something done by me or one of the regulars we can forcibly set the weather to Sunny in creator, however unless it's a regular race you don't have the option to adjust it yourself.

If it's any consolation I do intend to deliberately run a Time Trial featuring forced rain so you can consider it practice?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, doubleg213 said:

Ah, that's an issue. 

With something done by me or one of the regulars we can forcibly set the weather to Sunny in creator, however unless it's a regular race you don't have the option to adjust it yourself.

If it's any consolation I do intend to deliberately run a Time Trial featuring forced rain so you can consider it practice?

Have you messaged the Creator?

He's not someone I know although I think he may be in NoDo so I might check their forums for him. I had Mount Palomino changed the other year to block the highway for run off so so one can but try.

Quick update on the entry situation, we are now as 11 entries following on from Lanns run of the track on Sunday. Based on the people I know are missing so far who will definitely enter we should be looking at around 20, hopefully, more if we attract some newcomers and some other returnees.