Ring of Rockford

DavidCore89

Originally a PS3 race which was very rarely played, I decided to move it to PS4 and give it a much needed update.

The route is slightly different, took out a road which had lots of bins and stuff and replaced it with a quick chicane.

Lots of props to keep those poles upright, I also used them to protect those electrical boxes as there are plenty in this area for some reason. You'll do well to spot nearly 100 props as you'll be completing laps in under a minute.

As with most of my tracks - poor driving line/car control and going onto the pavements is likely to be punished, although it's certainly no obstacle course.

Up to thirty racers compete for glory in this short yet fast lap race around the wealthy Rockford area.

w9uvdk.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/1Fl3SbmF8kOOAag6cAEXoA

As you can see from the map, this is a very basic race, fairly low difficulty and easy to learn.

Coupes by default, although all classes are available (might remove supers as they're probably too quick).

As always, feedback welcome!

Edited by DavidCore89

I'll have a look at that now.

It's hard to say but I've placed the CP on the apex of the corner, it allows a nice cut, it does head into oncoming traffic (it's off) but any other location seemed to be off the racing line for a fast corner.

I think I could move 15 back slightly as 16 will still be visible, the only issue might be that I don't like to place centered CP's on the centre grass divide as a lot of people assume you need to go directly through the CP when all 4 lanes are available.

Just ran a few laps, CP 14 is showing as 2 chevrons and quite a difference in directional change compared to the RSC map, any more and it would be 3 chevrons and I really don't think that turn requires it.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Gonna move this to PS4 tonight as well.

It's my least played job with only 67 plays in a year, so a good update is long overdue.

Mods, please move to PS4 crew created races.

Thanks for playing!

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

<strong class='bbc'>Automatic message</strong><br /><br /><br />This topic has been moved from "PS3 Crew Created Races" to "PS4 Crew Created Races".

• Like 1