Halloween

JustHatched

I was wondering what countries outside of the United States celebrate Halloween?

Is it the same, kids in costumes begging for candy in your country?

I have a reason for asking that I can't share just yet.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Danielle

• JustHatched

• Cotick20

• Matty

It's become somehow "popular"/trendy last few years around here, otherwise constumes, masks and dressing up happens around the end of winter here, something to do with x number of moons after something else or whatever, can never remember these "holidays" that get moved around every year, like easter.

Edited by zmurko76

Same as Danielle, except the kids are too lazy to even dress up. Lights out , door locked , doorbell off and a loaded air rifle for the gobby teenagers.

yFn5uY6.png

I think I'm probably just jealous, when I was a kid it wasn't such a big thing. The only thing we ever took home in a bag was 10 Benson's and a load of car badges.

• Like 1

yFn5uY6.png

Halloween is so fun.

Share your reason for asking, Hatch.   :lol:

Nope, you'll see in a few days.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

I love Halloween, but kids think they are too old to celebrate!... Or maybe it's because I used to scared them half to death -- it's definitely one of those reasons -- they don't celebrate anymore!...

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption...

cotick20.jpg

Definitely a relatively big deal here in Canada.  I'm the grouchy ol' curmudgeon of my block though, big chain and sign across my driveway forbidding them from bugging me.  LOL

pr0fane0ne.jpg

It's not really a big thing here, but seeing as I live in a fairly rural area of Scotland people generally don't go out after dark anyway :)

In my uppity rich people town Halloween plays out like a scheduled event. No creativity or fun to it at all. Anyone out looking for candy too late is likely to be hassled by the cops. 

I think I may go slinging eggs on cabbage night, though. This town could use a lesson on good ol' mischief. 

The  last time I celebrated Halloween was 7 years ago.

Party was on my terrace with people dressing up in different costumes and getting drunk.It was a big mess and since then I haven't organised anything there yet.

So,its just wearing costumes and getting drunk here,be it a house party or some event organised by a nightclub.

it's become a big thing in Norway also.

We seem to be copying everything, so we'll probably celebrate Thanksgiving soon also.

I'm not the biggest fan of copying other's tradition's, but the children are enjoying it, so we usually have some sweets for them when they come knocking.

Edited by RO9M

Here in Northern Ireland you get kids knocking your door for about 3 weeks leading up to Halloween, not looking for candy but your loose change, yes they are dressed up, they sing a little rhyme and they hold out their hands. They are called Halloween Rhymers', I have a sign at my door now that says "Come back on Oct 31st and I will feed you candy, not money... Have a nice day :)"  

It was a big thing in France about 10 years ago but now it's barely celebrated.

A few kids dress up and come asking for candies but it's no biggie anymore.

Love Halloween. Wife and I go out to Halloween concerts every year. A good amount of adult Halloween things to do in Portland, especially this year since it's on Friday night. 

We usually have a blast and people tend to love our costumes (have won costume contests with both our Donnie Darko Frank the Rabbit and Strawberry Shortcake costumes).

I think we're going to go as a greyscale version of the Addams Family (Gomez/Morticia) this year. 

• Like 1

CDpIRad.jpg

Love Halloween. Wife and I go out to Halloween concerts every year. A good amount of adult Halloween things to do in Portland, especially this year since it's on Friday night. 

We usually have a blast and people tend to love our costumes (have won costume contests with both our Donnie Darko Frank the Rabbit and Strawberry Shortcake costumes).

I think we're going to go as a greyscale version of the Addams Family (Gomez/Morticia) this year. 

Yeah, it's strange though--I see far more adults excited over Halloween in Portland than any other city.  Just today at work, everyone was discussing their costume, and when I was asked, I simply said, "I'll be playing GTA Online."  That brought on some strange looks, but it's the truth. :P

Overall, I'm not much of a holiday person myself, and in the part of town where I live, we don't get a lot of knocks at the door.  Then again, if you were to visit my part of town, you would think it were Halloween every day, as it is known for its very eccentric vibe.

• Like 1

Like Profane said, in Canada it's a big deal. I'm in a fairly urban young neighborhood. Meaning lots of new parents dressing their pint size mini me's up in rediculous outfits and taking them around collecting bags of candy. Just what a toddler or young child needs. I generally have my lights out so I'm not bothered. There's always some young kids looking to be mischievous though so Matt that air rifle sounds like a fantastic idea! There's lots of parties for the grown up kids to attend, my friend usually puts on a good one but his gf has a degenerative disease so it's gotten to be to much of a task for them. I know my gf wants to pass out candy this year though so I keep saying I'm gonna drew up as a scary zombie and sit there on the porch without moving. Till the unsuspecting little tikes arrive.

• Like 2

You Want Peace, Prepare For War

• 2 weeks later...

We got all the costumes today. The kids will be - Ninja, The character from Scream, Cinderella and 2 Monster High character, plus face paint for me.

I will be dressed as my GTA character with the face paint that I have in game most of the time, plus rag on my head, gun range glasses and my flight suit (yes I have one).

• Like 6