GTA V Time Trials - News and Updates

doubleg213

header.jpg

Introduction

This is the spot where I will post any news and updates as the Time Trials progress.

The Time Trials began in 2015 as a Van Society crew only event, largely with the intention that it gave everyone in the crew across different time zones a common event we could all compete in.

In 2016 this was opened out to include all registered members on GTAF and then ran through 2017 taking in 31 rounds in over the two years and involving over 70 players in total.

The 2018 championship was oft-promised by myself but for various reasons never transpired, however, we are now back for 2019 albeit with a shortened calendar.

2019 Calendar

The planned calendar is intended to take in the following format.

This is slightly revised from the layout of previous competitions because we are running late, 2020 will be back to the more familiar format.

Spring (ish) Season

• Round 1: 18/03/2019 to 07/04/2019
  • Round 2: 08/04/2019 to 28/04/2019
  • Round 3: 29/04/2019 to 19/05/2019
  • Round 4: 20/05/2019 to 09/06/2019

Summer Season

• Round 5: 10/06/2019 to 30/06/2019
  • Round 6: 01/07/2019 to 21/07/2019
  • Round 7: 22/07/2019 to 11/08/2019
  • Round 8: 12/08/2019 to 01/09/2019

Winter Season

• Round 9: 02/09/2019 to 22/09/2019
  • Round 10: 23/09/2019 to 13/10/2019
  • Round 11: 14/10/2019 to 03/11/2019
  • Round 12: 04/11/2019 to 24/11/2019
  • Round 13: 25/11/2019 to 15/12/2019

There will be winners for each season and an overall winner based on the best performance across the entire year.

General Format

There will be a post containing the full rules format but I shall summarise here for any newcomers.

Each round will last for 3 weeks (on the theory that if someone is away on holiday or similar they still have plenty of time to crack in a time) with the deadline being at midnight of the last day i.e 2400 UTC on Sunday 7th or April 2019. As long as I have not published results I will generally still take a late time if someone has forgotten. However, with repeat offenders, I stop showing leeway.

Cars and Tracks

As a lot of us don't play the game quite so much the intention is for most rounds to be in cars which are available for minimal cost (I'm thinking around a 100k maximum with most cars being less than that), I shall also run a racing event alongside the Time Trials featuring the car so the car cost should end up minimal.

Hopefully, this will keep things setup so that it's accessible to both new and old GTA players irrespective of their in game funds.

Exceptions are that the Sentinel Classic and Retinue are highly likely to appear.

If you have a car and track combo you feel would be suitable for a time trial feel free to PM me and I will take a look at it, I have my own style but alternative ideas and variety are always welcome.

Prizes and Awards

And that's all for now folks. 

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 6

And obviously thanks to Hatch for giving us the space and section to run this in.Quick additional note, ignore the header image. That will be updated!

• Like 2

Just something to give you a flavour and show that the Time Trials can be "fun" even for those who might not be at the sharp end.

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, doubleg213 said:

Someone wants a new hat!

I'm a has been these days, not much danger of that happening...it's a nice hat though! 

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing the Time Trials back in action.  👍

Can I get my ‘most improved driver’ award moved over from GTAF?

Also, a quick search on YouTube turned up this old TT video I made...

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

And my 2017 most improved driver award 😁

I am very very very happy to see the time trials return @doubleg213thank u very much them last minute laps to get just a little improvement or just to beat @JuniorChubbfor that extra spot was memorable looking forward to the  season ahead good luck guys 

• Like 2

On 3/16/2019 at 1:08 PM, Trashbags said:

And my 2017 most improved driver award 😁

I am very very very happy to see the time trials return @doubleg213thank u very much them last minute laps to get just a little improvement or just to beat @JuniorChubbfor that extra spot was memorable looking forward to the  season ahead good luck guys 

There will be awards for this, currently none set in stone though. @doubleg213 and I haven't got together on that just yet.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Great video @Dodge

I remember that round well, not only did we both make vids for the round but I think it it was the first round XDBX entered and you blew us away. Most of used Dominater but the Blade was the best choice and XDBX dominated the top ten with it.

Great memories 👍

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 2

Quick update, I shall be adding everything for the 1st round either late this evening or first thing tomorrow morning and we'll be back up and running. 

One of our lecturers left so I've ended up with a lecture that runs till quite late on a Monday, so by the time I get home and get myself sorted it's quite late which means sometimes I am a bit less enthusiastic (knackered) on Monday nights. 

The first round will be in the Dukes, so nice and cheap or in most cases will be free. 

I believe I can schedule future rounds to go live automatically, but I'll need to check that with @Hatch while we are sorting some other bits and pieces out (not ignoring your message Hatch, just been otherwise engaged some of the weekend). 

• Like 3

And we're back. Round 1 details are available now in the thread which is very appropriately names Time Trials 2017 - Round 01 - American Grand Park.

Obviously those of you in other crews or with friends elsewhere who you think may be interested feel free to spread the word far and wide.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Round 1 results are now up and round 2 is live.

There are also updates to come with the Prize sheet which will be done asap.

• 4 weeks later...

Championship tables for Spring are now up here

Obviously at this stage as it's season 1 there are no separate overall tables because it would just be identical to the previous one.

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 1

Round 3 is now live.

Not what I originally had planned, but matters got away from me. So this is a bit of a late replacement.

Edited by doubleg213
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Round 3 results are up and championship tables are updated as well.

Round 4 will be up presently, I am just waiting on the track creator, a certain Mr @JuniorChubb returning to full fitness so we can get it published. The round will be with a completely stock car to test how we go without a modified expensive car on a stunt track and preventing curb boosting.

This experiment is sponsored by @Lann so if you decide to b*tch and moan about it then feel free to direct any feedback towards him. 

Done with Uni till September (unless I f*cked up my exams of course) so although I have lots of work to do in the interim I shall be back to something approaching normality so all of the kinks like the Hall of Fame and being back to my usual, new round posted immediately self will be sorted so we are back to being sorted after round is done and dusted.

Plus I need to up my game as that upstart @SkyeDave is threatening to be the highest placed VANS member!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, doubleg213 said:

Round 3 results are up and championship tables are updated as well.

Round 4 will be up presently, I am just waiting on the track creator, a certain Mr @JuniorChubb returning to full fitness so we can get it published. The round will be with a completely stock car to test how we go without a modified expensive car on a stunt track and preventing curb boosting.

This experiment is sponsored by @Lann so if you decide to b*tch and moan about it then feel free to direct any feedback towards him. 

Done with Uni till September (unless I f*cked up my exams of course) so although I have lots of work to do in the interim I shall be back to something approaching normality so all of the kinks like the Hall of Fame and being back to my usual, new round posted immediately self will be sorted so we are back to being sorted after round is done and dusted.

Plus I need to up my game as that upstart @SkyeDave is threatening to be the highest placed VANS member!

I might be back online tonight G, if you have decided the car a quick trip into Creator shouldn’t be a problem 👍

• Like 1

Round 4 is now up, you can check out the details on the relevant thread.

Which happens to be here.....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...