Formula One Racing

omarcomin71

These last few months I’ve really got into Formula One racing. I’ve always been a casual fan of motorsports, but once I dove in to F1 I’ve been hooked.  
It’s perfect for an early morning riser here in the states as most of the races start at 6 AM every Sunday morning. 

It’s not the most popular sport over here, but I think it’s gaining popularity with more and more races taking place in the Americas. 
I’m excited for the new Las Vegas Grand Prix in November. 

Here’s a short preview on the race, and the details of the preparation. 
Can’t wait! 😀

Edited by omarcomin71
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Smurf said:

I was 🤔 thinking of going gees those ticket prices yikes 🙆🏾‍♂️ @omarcomin71 we're going to have to sneak in. You bring the lasagna and I'll bring the beer.

I'll bring the hunger and thirst!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smurf said:

I was 🤔 thinking of going gees those ticket prices yikes 🙆🏾‍♂️ @omarcomin71 we're going to have to sneak in. You bring the lasagna and I'll bring the beer.

1 hour ago, Schumi6581 said:

Btw., ticket prices are high in general for F1 races but I heard that they are charging some good money in Vegas😱

Yeah, for about a half a second I thought about maybe going. The cost would be crazy.  I think I heard they are investing a half $1 billion Into the race, (new permanent building, repaving etc.) and expect to make it all back after the first weekend.  

48 minutes ago, omarcomin71 said:

Yeah, for about a half a second I thought about maybe going. The cost would be crazy.  I think I heard they are investing a half $1 billion Into the race, (new permanent building, repaving etc.) and expect to make it all back after the first weekend.  

I expected it to be high up on that that high for the minimum I might as well go skydiving with my crazy coworkers. A cheap adrenaline Rush at this point

Never expected the ranch to be $1500 - $38,000

It's going to look cool at night time in Vegas though.

• Like 1

This last weeks race made history. Max Verstappen wins his tenth straight! 
After the race Sky Sports announced “Max that is mighty, ten races in a row you’re on your own now, unbelievable, well done!” His response: “Yeah,(chuckles) that’s a good stat” 

Amazing! It’s hard to root against him. 

Here’s a breakdown of his streak. 

• 4 weeks later...

@omarcomin71 next race is in Austin, Texas. One of the best tracks on the calendar. "The Esses" corners are really nice and what to think of an 11% climb to the first corner!
And Austin apparantly is a great place to visit (I have no idea, you've been there?).

Btw, don't expect Max to take it easy now he has won his third title already. He will still want to grab all the remaining wins.

Greatest moment in the history of The Circuit of the Americas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj5IGSb-W18
(this guy was standing on the big tower at the circuit and found the microphone for the ambient noises 🤣)

Edited by Schumi6581

17 minutes ago, Schumi6581 said:

@omarcomin71 next race is in Austin, Texas. One of the best tracks on the calendar. "The Esses" corners are really nice and what to think of an 11% climb to the first corner!
And Austin apparantly is a great place to visit (I have no idea, you've been there?).

Btw, don't expect Max to take it easy now he has won his third title already. He will still want to grab all the remaining wins.

Greatest moment in the history of The Circuit of the Americas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj5IGSb-W18
(this guy was standing on the big tower at the circuit and found the microphone for the ambient noises 🤣)

I’ve visited Dallas years ago but never been to Austin. I hear it’s beautiful. Lots of Californians are moving there. 
I’m really looking forward to the race. Looks like a great track.  Love the sound effects by the way.

Neow… Neow Noew. 😄

• 3 weeks later...

Max making winning look easy again, now in Mexico. He broke his own record of most wins in a season. The man is becoming an F1 legend. And I think you can call his car (the RB19) the best F1 car ever made...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Schumi6581 said:

Max making winning look easy again, now in Mexico. He broke his own record of most wins in a season. The man is becoming an F1 legend. And I think you can call his car (the RB19) the best F1 car ever made...

Yeah, I thought maybe Ferrari had a chance with them both starting in front. It was quite clear from the very start Max was going to be faster. 

It was a shame Checo Perez was taken out. Leclerc heard the boos at the podium. 🙄

• 3 weeks later...

The inaugural Las Vegas Grand Prix is this weekend! 
IMG_0098.thumb.jpeg.564c57835330fb9375312d6de4a0f3c5.jpeg
200 MPH under the neon lights of the Vegas str*p! Yeah Baby! 😀

Saturday night 10 pm PST / 6 am Sunday morning UK / and I believe 4:30 pm Sunday evening Australia 

Check it out! 

Edited by omarcomin71
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So does this mean Ferrari will have a plan for 2026? I'm very sure Hamilton doesn't switch teams just because of his love for Ferrari, look at what happened when he switched to Mercedes...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VALL_es said:

So does this mean Ferrari will have a plan for 2026? I'm very sure Hamilton doesn't switch teams just because of his love for Ferrari, look at what happened when he switched to Mercedes...

Yeah, it feels like Hamilton knows something nobody else does. As a Ferrari fan I am excited, but I’m also a Charles Leclerc fan, so I hope they can work together. 

• 3 weeks later...