iPhone 6, 6 Plus and iWatch

Phones have been a little interest of mine for a long number of years. After watching Apple's keynote presentation on a number of releases and future plans, it got me thinking.

With the release of the next iPhone and much hyped about iWatch (which is a huge gimmick IMO), will you be getting a new phone this Fall? Is this iPhone on your list? Do you intend on getting a new phone sometime down the line? Perhaps you're Android and if so, are there any devices you're looking forward to whether it's a phone or tablet?

Or do you just not care? :lol:

http://www.apple.com/watch/

http://www.apple.com/iphone/

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Rikster

• BMSTANG

• handcuff_charlie

• G37

I figured out in the past few years, that for me personally -- that new iphone upgrade means very little to me without a lot of memory... If I am going to change my iphone 5 -- it most likely be for 5s with more memory, and not for the six!...

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption...

cotick20.jpg

Rose uses a Galaxy Note 2 which she loves, I still use a Razor, pretty outdated but it works for what I needed before this site came along, not wanting something a bit better for net surfing.

Would like to have a Sony Xperia Z2 I think though.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Phones have been a little interest of mine for a long number of years. After watching Apple's keynote presentation on a number of releases and future plans, it got me thinking.

With the release of the next iPhone and much hyped about iWatch (which is a huge gimmick IMO), will you be getting a new phone this Fall? Is this iPhone on your list? Do you intend on getting a new phone sometime down the line? Perhaps you're Android and if so, are there any devices you're looking forward to whether it's a phone or tablet?

Or do you just not care? :lol:

http://www.apple.com/watch/

http://www.apple.com/iphone/

I'm one of those peeps that loves their technology as well. For phones , for me it's got to be android .... My contracts up in November and have been quietly eyeing up that LG G3, it looks like a mighty phone with a brilliant 5.5 inch screen ( that iphone 6 plus looks huge for the same screen estate in comparison)

For tablets however it's a different story I'm quite happy with my ipad 3 and nothing android really has taken my fancy

For music , out an about I use my iPod touch ( to save battery in my phone) and have been keenly awaiting a refresh of the iPod touch 5 but it doesn't seem like it's coming , as Apple may be phasing it out :(

• Like 1

I've been interested in the HTC One M8 for a while now, will have to see how this iPhone pans out.

It's really quite a joke how contracts work these days, at least in the States.

• Like 1

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Rose uses a Galaxy Note 2 which she loves, I still use a Razor, pretty outdated but it works for what I needed before this site came along, not wanting something a bit better for net surfing.Would like to have a Sony Xperia Z2 I think though.

I never gave sony phones a second glance , but I gotta say that Sony Xperia Z3 about to be released is probably one of the best designed android handsets out there ... And it has dual front facing speakers & so is fighting it out with the lg g3 for my next phone

I've been interested in the HTC One M8 for a while now, will have to see how this iPhone pans out.

It's really quite a joke how contracts work these days, at least in the States.

I've currently got a htc one x and it's a great phone , I but the htc one m8 s design just doesn't do it for me ( the htc one looked better IMO)

Contracts over here are the same....locked in for two years ...with paltry amounts of data included and a large monthly premium :(

We're JUST beginning to join the 4G LTE party but the coverage is very few and far between :(

Windows Phone here, currently have a Lumia 928. Really liking the Icon/930 with the orange back but I'm still on contract until next year. Will be nice to see what Microsoft can come out with for high-end phones for next year. Maybe a Lumia 1020 replacement with a new beastly camera (and available on Verizon). The HTC M8 is also available with Windows Phone now (yay!) so that could also be in the running when I do get something new, as long as it's also updated next year.

I have never really been a fan of Apple stuff so no interest in either the iPhone 6/6 Plus or the Apple Watch.

kQ4fIRp.png

I love my tech gadgets , but I just can't see any real use for these smart watches that seem to be flavour of the month as most of the things they can do a phone can do anyway

. Apart from looking very cool if u bring the watch to ur mouth and start talking to someone a la Knight Rider , there's no other use for it :D

I figured out in the past few years, that for me personally -- that new iphone upgrade means very little to me without a lot of memory... If I am going to change my iphone 5 -- it most likely be for 5s with more memory, and not for the six!...

Exactly what I done, got a 64gb 4s earlier this year, my phone before was a 16gb 4s.

• Like 1

I been using my iPhone 4 for over four years now, and had an iPhone 3G for a couple years before that. Both jailbroken. Wasn't interested in the 4S, 5 or 5S, but am really looking forward to getting the 6 Plus.

I am 100% psyched about the iWatch.

Almost no one here in Miami wears long sleeves, and with the iWatch it will be SOOO much easier to identify the morons from a distance.

Edited by handcuff_charlie
  • Like 5

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I am 100% psyched about the iWatch.

Almost no one here in Miami wears long sleeves, and with the iWatch it will be SOOO much easier to identify the morons from a distance.

Hehehe ..so true :D

Wow. For a moment, for a brief moment, HC had me fooled.

Well played.

• Like 1

I am probably in the extreme minority, but I have owned a total of only five cell phones since the year 2001, which is the year I gave up my landline.

Needless to say, but I have never owned an iPhone, and I probably will not replace the phone I have now until it breaks or stops holding a charge.  I have also never owned a tablet, but I do have a laptop, and I have only owned three computers since 1998.  I suppose my motto should be: if it ain't broke, don't replace it. ;)

My first cellphone looked similar to this one:

dsc_4159.thumbnail.jpg

It was famous for dialing people randomly when I put it in my pocket, so I kept it attached in a holster to my belt.  Yeah, that was a good look.  :lol:  After that, I moved on to flip phones, and I only picked up a "smart phone" because it was on sale, and I was able to get unlimited internet.  Not that I use it for much--I only check this site when I'm away from home and use the map feature when I'm lost.

So, I suppose you could say that I'm in the "do not care" category. ;)

• Like 2

Here is my problem with Apple, now that I've read up on the "official" releases.

Great designs, cool interfaces and a sweet OS (IMO). Pair that with tech that is 5 years old and call it a "new" device. I had to dig for the "actual" specs that Apple gives fancy titles to (A8 chip, "motion processor") to find it still only has 1 GB of ram among other things.

I suppose the iPhone has finally caught up to the turn of the decade making it a circa 2010 phone. Choices like the M8 are looking better and better but I suppose I'll at least wait for benchmark testing to see how this stacks up to the competition.

@MLB: remember beepers and pagers? I was probably 10 :lol:

• Like 1

@MLB: remember beepers and pagers? I was probably 10 :lol:

Oh yeah, and I remember when having one automatically made people suspicious about your "line of work".  :lol:  I never had one myself, but I remember a couple of wealthier kids from school that had them.  No one had a cell phone when I was in high school, and I remember being allotted a certain amount of time per month to call my friends who lived out of the area (due to long distance charges) back then.  Wow, now I feel old. :P

I still carry one for work :huh:

That's awesome, Furdog! :D

• Like 1

Oh yeah, and I remember when having one automatically made people suspicious about your "line of work". :lol: I never had one myself, but I remember a couple of wealthier kids from school that had them. No one had a cell phone when I was in high school, and I remember being allotted a certain amount of time per month to call my friends who lived out of the area (due to long distance charges) back then. Wow, now I feel old. :P

That's awesome, Furdog! :D

Aaaaah memories :D I remember when I was a kid my uncle had one of those car phones and I was fascinated by it . Then our first mobile phone had a sim the size of a credit card and had a long ass antenna to pull out and was the only mobile without caller ID lol.

However all that didn't matter , I was happy enough to carry around a brick of a phone with even more of a chunkier case around it and still felt it was compact :D

Just the very fact that u could make a phone call more than 10 metres away from ur house was mind boggling lol.

There's a website : www.gsmarena.com , that lists all of the mobiles available and is a great trip down memory lane ....I mean which one of you Nokia aficionados remembers their first phone with the game Snake on it ? ..... Good times :D

Edited by The Rikster
  • Like 1