Bad controller?

Yeah both DS3. I didnt buy the controller in an official store though. I bought it from a guy who was selling it but it came new, closed in its original box. I made that deal through a well known website called OLX. It's cheaper there... Both controllers look exactly the same. But the new one is always in need of recharge andwhen it is asking for it the red flashlight blinks very fast. My old controller wouldnt blink as fast as the new one. Also the battery is not as big as the old one.

Maybe it's just and old model of the DS3, maybe the very 1st DS3 model released?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BMSTANG

• PapOiteE

• DavidCore89

• newyork-nightmare

Yeah both DS3. I didnt buy the controller in an official store though. I bought it from a guy who was selling it but it came new, closed in its original box. I made that deal through a well known website called OLX. It's cheaper there... Both controllers look exactly the same. But the new one is always in need of recharge andwhen it is asking for it the red flashlight blinks very fast. My old controller wouldnt blink as fast as the new one. Also the battery is not as big as the old one.

Maybe it's just and old model of the DS3, maybe the very 1st DS3 model released?

it can till be a cheap model, no matter that the pack in sealed, very first model controllers dond have D3 only Sixaxis, also you can see is the controller cheap copy or not, there is various things that are differend fir example: LED Panel is "soft" on Original controller but in copy it is sharp, also when turn the controller upside down the Screw near in USB is Lower on cheap copy controllers, also there is differences on the Label etc, there is very original look on Sony Texts etc but it dosent mean it original...usually..."usually" they sell cheap knockoffs online..oh and also if you shake the controller the original rarely makes any noise but copy is usually missing the "engine billows" that holds the D3 Motors in place (depending on what controller it is)

(sorry for bad english - was sleepy when i did this)

Edited by Matusware
  • Like 1

So... This is an official product made by sony but it came with defects... Malfunction... So it's sold cheaper?

Edited by PapOiteE

It could possibly look like Sony, and even have the Sony logo on it, but be a counterfeit. A friend of mine has a counterfeit iPhone, it looks 100% real, you cannot tell that its fake until you turn it on.

Edited by BrianM

I think it could be a counterfeit Sony product.

The cheaper price always raises a doubt in my mind.

To sell an official licensed product legally - you cannot sell it below the manufacturers retail price without permission of a price reduction. 

LED functions would be identical as they are the same model.

Also don't be surprised that it could not be a genuine Sony item - in my country there are counterfeit copies of almost every product on sale at a 'good' price.

From washing detergent to vodka.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

Damn!! If that's the case i'm not going to make these kind of deals again. I will just buy in an official store. I pay more but atleast is genuine and has quality.

Thanks for your attention guys!

Damn!! If that's the case i'm not going to make these kind of deals again. I will just buy in an official store. I pay more but atleast is genuine and has quality.

Thanks for your attention guys!

I like to say "If you buy cheap then you'll buy twice".

it works too  :).

Nothing worse than being ripped off as a customer, that's why I'd also rather pay full price and know i'm getting the real McCoy.

I agree! I will try to sell this piece of shit for 30€-40€ and buy a real dualshock 3...

Well I used to buy genuine controllers for £15 used from a local store and sell them on Ebay for £27.

I used to sell upto 50 of them per week.

That's your best option for a fast sale.