What is your PS3 internet connection speed

What is your PS3 Nat type, download speed and upload speed when you go to Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection Test on the PS3?

Mines is Nat type 2, download speed 28.2, upload speed 4.1

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• Smurf

• Onrefne

• juve

Top Posters In This Topic

mine did not show the speed of DL or UL. But if i check through my laptop, usually around 10 mb/s DL and 1 mb/s UL. Nat type is 2. and i am on wireless.

juventono.jpg

holy jesus i see y i have suck a problem against u guys in DMs. on a good day my Download speed says 4-5mb/s and my Upload speed says 500kb/s. i'm thinking i need to talk to my ISP, i didn't realise it was that bad

holy jesus i see y i have suck a problem against u guys in DMs. on a good day my Download speed says 4-5mb/s and my Upload speed says 500kb/s. i'm thinking i need to talk to my ISP, i didn't realise it was that bad

Lol I would refuse to pay for that.

£15 per month, mine is never capped at high traffic times, completely unlimited, no buffering etc.

I can't believe they would sell that shit in the USA, British providers would never offer that in a million years because they know nobody will ever buy it.

I'd complain.

@smurf: yes, a lot of disconection. i suspect that it could be because of me staying in wireless instead of wired. and also because since the 1.16 update, a lot of players said they experienced more network problem than before.

• Like 1

juventono.jpg

Wireless pc: 

Down 46,53 Mbit/s

Send 45,09 Mbit/s

PS3 (wire)

Typ 2

Down 63,8 Mbps

Up   79,8 Mbps

Edited by lann3fors

Lol I would refuse to pay for that.

£15 per month, mine is never capped at high traffic times, completely unlimited, no buffering etc.

I can't believe they would sell that shit in the USA, British providers would never offer that in a million years because they know nobody will ever buy it.

I'd complain.

that translates to about $27 here and thats about what we pay for ours, which is also unlimited...

that translates to about $27 here and thats about what we pay for ours, which is also unlimited...

Unlimited downloads yes but at those speeds you're gonna have to take a week off work to download a movie  :P.

Don't ever be fooled by the unlimited download trick they pull on you, you'll get that everywhere but it means nothing because it's standard (just means you'll never be charged a fee for usage), it's all about your speeds and bandwith.

Take that from a guy who used to sucker people in on a daily basis as a salesman for a well known company.

Edited by DavidCore89

Mine's 10 down, 1 up, NAT 2. The past few weeks I've been having problems, but found out the modem was going bad. Got a new one 4 says ago, and not a single disconnection since. I kinda live in the sticks, otherwise I would have something much faster.

Some internet providers DO throttle your connection speeds or intentionally slow them down.

Bare minimum you're gonna want 2-3 upload, that's what's killing you.

I'm about 15 up and 10 down, more than I need because internet is quite expensive down here in the South. Still ass backwards here.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

i'm looking through other ISPs and to get 55mb unlimited is about $100/mo. i can't look at the non unlimited plans bc i have no idea how much we use in a month. (movies usually download at 500kb/s and take a solid half hour :) )

i'm looking through other ISPs and to get 55mb unlimited is about $100/mo. i can't look at the non unlimited plans bc i have no idea how much we use in a month. (movies usually download at 500kb/s and take a solid half hour :) )

my isp plan is a 12mb, all Nat opened at USD$30

This is what my pc shows, ps3 showed entirely different speeds so I don't know who's telling the truth!  :lol:

Connection Speed (Download) 22.6 Mbps

Connection Speed (Upload) 13 Mbps

That is more than enough for gaming online IF you are not streaming video, downloading video/music, or someone doing some heavy duty web surfing at the same time.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

That is more than enough for gaming online IF you are not streaming video, downloading video/music, or someone doing some heavy duty web surfing at the same time.

my mom has a laptop and is always on facebook chatting or gaming lol

my isp plan is a 12mb, all Nat opened at USD$30

i wouldn't mind that at all but idk what my usage is for a month, if i'd be going over constantly. i'v always had the same ISP with unlimited (btw we have AOL, who's website doesn't even suggest what their speeds are)

• 1 month later...

Just checked out mine to compare. It is probably a mid to peak time that I checked and I was getting 17mbps download and 800knps upload!

I noticed the lag worse when my partner is on the computer. In death matches I have been killed by people mid way through a roll and shot to death while behind complete cover on several occasions! I do wonder how much this affects the out come!

I also have changed the DNS to allow me to get around geo blocking which I would assume effects it a bit, to what extent I don't know but it's too much effort to constantly change it and most of the time it works well enough!

scottyb1988.jpg

Lol wow, there are some very low speeds here.

I assumed a slower connection would mean getting killed from behind total cover as someone posted above, my connection is far from slow but that also happens to me a lot - especially the stupid float pile that you can shoot through with the sawed off shottie.