How many versions of GTA have you played?

JustHatched

I have only ever played GTA1 and V, nothing in between. Long story short had it not been for the multiplayer (and several people bugging me to get it before it was every released) I would not have given it a 2nd glance. My taste in games was alot different then. 

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I have played every single game except the 2 GTA4 expansions. All the top down games everything.

• Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

Just like Zelda and Mario I only became interested once the moved to third person/polygon style of game.

I watched a few friends play top down but never played myself.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

58 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Just like Zelda and Mario I only became interested once the moved to third person/polygon style of game.

I watched a few friends play top down but never played myself.

Noob

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

From the first to the last, every single one. The only one I never owned was GTA3.

I'm still debating on getting a tattoo of the logo 😅  It's just an epic game franchise and I think there never ever will be a game I eventually play more and enjoy more after so many years than GTAV! And the things the game brought, without it I would't be here for example lol

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Paulie said:

I'm still debating on getting a tattoo of the logo 😅  

If only you knew a tattoo artist.........

• Haha 2

All of them except the PSP games.

My dad bought me the first one when I was 10 because he liked running down the Hare Krishnas in the demo 😄 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

All of them except the PSP games.

My dad bought me the first one when I was 10 because he liked running down the Hare Krishnas in the demo 😄 

Gouranga!!!!

• Like 2

GTA wise I've played:

GTA San Andreas 

GTA Liberty City Stories 

GTA Vice City Stories 

GTA VI [And Online a bit]

The Lost and Damned 

The Ballad of Gay Tony 

GTA V 

GTAO 

Wanted to play the old titles that we're 2D but never got the chance. Played a few like it but not the real deal. GTA III and Vice City I've watched as playthroughs. So I think I've pretty much covered the whole main series story wise. Apart from China Town wars if that counts. 

Edited by TheWordIsMarc
  • Like 1

Never played the top down versions of the game. I mainly played horror and racing games in the 3rd person. Something that still holds true in a way because I cannot stand first person games.

Anyways, I read some articles about part 3 and the "sandbox" talk intrigued me. Got the game once it came out and fell in love. Played that game for a couple years.

I bought Vice City but just didn't like it. Playing it made me physically ill for some odd reason. I hurried through it with cheat codes and quickly forgot about it.

Then came along San Andreas, LOVED it and played it for a long time.

Along come part 4 and just like VC I could not get into it. Played a a few missions and checked out the new multiplayer stuff. Didn't like that either and never played it again.

After that I rarely played anything but Uncharted brought me back to gaming. I bought GTAV and played through it. Tried the online thing and hated it. Since UC4 was coming out on the new PS4 I traded my 3 and everything with it on a new 4. Got GTA when it came out for the system and the rest is history.

Today I'm not really sure that I will play any other GTA games (or anything from R* for that matter) that get released. 

Edited by Sinister

I played a few before GTA5 came along. Although played is a bit overstated. I drove around killing cops and driving over pedestrians as I couldn't get the hang of playing the game proper.
Thanks to GTA5 and me figuring out how to get online, I was lucky to meet up with a great crew and a bunch of helpful guys who walked me though the game.
Bring on #GTA6 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I played the following:

GTA (finished) and one of the London Expansions (either 1961 or 1969, but didn´t finish it).

GTA II (never finished it)

GTA III (finished story)

Vice City (finished 100%)

San Andreas (finished story and got to the 9x% of the game)

Liberty City Stories (not completed)

Vice City Stories (complete story)

GTA IV (completed story and got above 85% completion, never played online)

Lost and Damned, Ballad of gay Tony and Chinatown Wars (never played any of these).

GTA V (completed story mode 3 times now, never got to the 100% mark).

Waiting for GTA VI with much expectation... 😛

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JoyFreak said:

I've literally played all of them. I can't wait for the new one to launch. I heard it's going to have the biggest map yet!

Any idea on what kind of map?