Favourite movie franchise

M.C.Lethal Dose

What is your favourite movie franchise of all time?... Big Batman fan right here, but for me growing up in the 80s and 90s you can't beat the Terminator. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paulie said:

I am also a Batman fan and enjoyed some of them very well.

My favorite franchise has to be the Godfather, what a masterpiece.

Agree with you there Paulie absolutely a set of classics. 👍

• Like 2

Waynes world. There are 2 therefore it's a franchise. 

Only films I know pretty much word for word and I can watch over and over and over. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

Some great ones mentioned so far...

A little obvious but it is still Star Wars for me, despite Ryan Johnson doing his best to nosed dive it under the guidance of Kathleen Kennedy (sorry @Squirrel).

The original trilogy is still strong enough to keep it up there for me. It’s not just the films but the world it gave us and the childhood memories too..

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

My favourites are Sergio Leone’s Dollars trilogy and Edgar Wright’s Cornetto trilogy.  Not an average film amongst them.

We have a Film club running if you guys want some more hot film chat 😉 

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 2

You’ll all be surprised to hear that Star Wars isn’t my favourite film (sorry @JuniorChubb)

My first love will always be Transformers. The original 80’s movie is my all time favourite and the first couple of live action films were amazing. They did fade off with shocking continuity and too much Micheal Bay but the recent Bumblebee has brought the franchise back to where it belongs. 

Star Wars is a huge obsession of mine and only slightly behind transformers. 

• Like 3

Friday the 13th....from Pamela's beheading in the 1st one to finding the iconic hockey-mask in the 3rd one, to the creative deaths in Jason Goes To Hell, and meeting Tommy Jarvis for the first time in the Final Chapter, I always found something I enjoyed about most of them. Yes, Freddy Kreuger scared me as did Michael Myers but Freddy lost his element of threat after a month of not dying in my sleep and MM, well he was killing family members, but Jason lived in my favorite place, the woods...no doubt that anytime i was in the woods, Jason seemed more likely to be real. Now as an adult, Jason still feels like he is real.

And while many of the latter films were silly, at least the Zombie remak didn't fully ruin the F13 lore like the Predator and Halloween remakes of 2018 did to those amazing franchises. 

No surprise that this has always been my GTA Forums avatar since 2013:

0jAby7T.png

Edited by Con
  • Like 2

Love Batman. 

Star Trek is probably my fav, with Nightmare on Elm Street and Rocky/Apollo movies also being favs plus anything with Debbie Does ________ in the title.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

What is everyone's favourite film from their favourite franchise?

Mine are The Good The Bad and the Ugly and Hot Fuzz.

• Like 2

You can't beat a bit of Monty Python. Holy Grail, Life of Brian and Meaning of Life, not forgetting, " And now for something completely different".

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, al_ka_seltzer said:

You can't beat a bit of Monty Python. Holy Grail, Life of Brian and Meaning of Life, not forgetting, " And now for something completely different".

Some classics in there Alka 👍

@LimeGreenLegend love Hot Fuzz... the scene when he goes from admiring his uncle to having him labelled a c***t always gets me.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 2

Best line in hot fuzz:

"He had one thing you havn;t got"

"Whats that sir?"

"A GREAT BIG BUSHY BEARD"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Crusty Demons of Dirt. OK real answer, Fast & Furious franchise. I know they’ve totally gone into a fantasy world but I still love to watch them. Also love the original Pink Panther movies with Peter Sellars (I like Steve Martin but I will never watch the remakes with him) and James Bond 007 series. With those I prefer the Sean Connery and Roger Moore eras. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Beez said:

Crusty Demons of Dirt. OK real answer, Fast & Furious franchise. I know they’ve totally gone into a fantasy world but I still love to watch them. Also love the original Pink Panther movies with Peter Sellars (I like Steve Martin but I will never watch the remakes with him) and James Bond 007 series. With those I prefer the Sean Connery and Roger Moore eras. 

Can't knock James Bond! Roger Moore was my favourite. I think you find generally that your favourite James Bond actor is determined by your age and era. Mine is Roger Moore but my brother who is ten years younger than me says Pierce Brosnon was the best. 

• Like 1

Just now, M.C.Lethal Dose said:

Can't knock James Bond! Roger Moore was my favourite. I think you find generally that your favourite James Bond actor is determined by your age and era. Mine is Roger Moore but my brother who is ten years younger than me says Pierce Brosnon was the best. 

Roger Moore for me too,  it again like you say this is often decided by who was Bond in the era you got into the films. I really appreciate Connery now too despite not being a fan when I was younger.

• Like 1

I know I'll get lambasted for this, but I've never seen a James bond pre pierce Bronson. 

I'll get round to it eventually

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

I know I'll get lambasted for this, but I've never seen a James bond pre pierce Bronson. 

I'll get round to it eventually

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRon0ubAaUQVWfLb86R-bB

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, M.C.Lethal Dose said:

Brosnan is James Bond. He looks like the drawing Ian Fleming drew!

Even including the Hobbit movies my favorite franchise has to be Lord of the Rings. Don't think I could watch 12 hours of BTS of any other franchise

7 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Do the sharknado movies count??

I’ve watched them all! Bing absolutely loves them and we done a Sharknado Marathon when he was ill...

What a pile of utter crap but the time just flew by laughing along with them.

Edit: I just realised Catman, we may be lowering the tone a little here. 

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 2