Stock Series Racing (7 races)

G37

This has been a little project of mine for the last couple of weeks. The idea was to build a series of tracks intended for 1 vehicle across multiple classes. These were IMO vehicles that were either under appreciated and/or a lot of fun. 

None of these tracks are overly difficult or technical. The point was to have a bunch of mostly short and fun tracks that suited vehicles I selected. Some tracks feature other classes that are available, here Custom vehicles are allowed.

I didn't want to post them one by one here until they were completed to my satisfaction. I'm including them ALL here as it's kind of a big update for me instead of adding them to my thread of content (I'll still post them in my index later on). I'm attaching a poll for my own information just so I can get more feedback, honesty is encouraged.

All of these are lap (2) based races with Non-Contact, No Traffic with Weather/Time conditions pre-set and can fit 16 players. The job link is embedded in the title. Here we go.

Comets and Grapes

Distance: 3.23 miles

Class: Sports

Vehicle: Comet

Other: Sedans + Coupes

zlagdx.jpg

Phoenix and the Bandits

Distance: 2.90 miles

Class: Muscle

Vehicle: Phoenix

Other: Compacts + Sedans + Coupes

1h8oet.jpg

Roosevelts and Moonshine

Distance: 4.68 miles

Class: Sports Classic

Vehicle: Roosevelt

Other: N/A (May work best as Standard + Slipstream)

5ydoya.jpg

Bullets and Bridges

Distance: 3.84 miles

Class: Super

Vehicle: Bullet

Other: Sports + Sports Classic

16k1ker.jpg

Warreners in Vinewood

Distance: 3.38 miles

Class: Sedan

Vehicle: Warrener

Other: N/A

xaosqx.jpg

F620s and Galileo

Distance: 5.00

Class: Coupe

Vehicle: F620

Other: Sedan

24bnbzq.jpg

Buggies in Grapeseed

Distance: 3.61 miles

Class: Off-road

Vehicle: Dune Buggy

Other: SUV + Muscle

2ccnxmt.jpg

Playlist:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/playlists/playlist/wonFtT7DB0O43ACenhYA2w

And that's it, 7 races. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by G37
  • Like 3

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Great work, G. And a marvelous idea. I smell an event coming on.

Added the PL. I'll vote once I've run them all.

Edited by DeaD_GooN
  • Like 2

Lol, thanks. Will see I suppose :lol:.

Grapeseed was perhaps the most difficult to make as I've wanted something there for a long time but there's already a lot of great crew tracks here like yours. 

Edited by G37
  • Like 1

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

If you do this as a PL, you might consider adding Sultans of Sandy Shores. It is a Sultan only race.

As for your races, I've only run Comets amd Phoenix. They were great. I need to run the others.

• Like 2

Dodgeservice.png

I've been trying them all as they got published. Great job on the tracks. Voted for Comets and Grapes, because Comets are probably the most fun to drive.

In the track 'Buggies in Grapeseed', you've also got The Liberator available.

What you SHOULDNT do is:

- select Off road class

- expand class and deselect all vehicles but buggies

You need to do this:

- deselect Off road class

- expand that class and now only select Dune buggy

As soon as you select off road class (no matter what you do inside the expanded list later), it will allow Liberators by default (probably the only hidden vehicle).

• Like 1

My gosh G! You're a damn creator machine, with an insane amount of free time (yes, that's jealousy that you smell :D )

I added the PL...not like anyone cares :lol:

• Like 2

I've been trying them all as they got published. Great job on the tracks. Voted for Comets and Grapes, because Comets are probably the most fun to drive.

In the track 'Buggies in Grapeseed', you've also got The Liberator available.

What you SHOULDNT do is:

- select Off road class

- expand class and deselect all vehicles but buggies

You need to do this:

- deselect Off road class

- expand that class and now only select Dune buggy

As soon as you select off road class (no matter what you do inside the expanded list later), it will allow Liberators by default (probably the only hidden vehicle).

I noticed that, could of sworn I fixed that. Good catch. I'll get on that later. Pretty funny though :lol:

Update: fixed.

Edited by G37

Alright G, I tried these tracks and spent 30+ min replying with my criticism...then it was all deleted because I'm a dumbass  :huh: The following is take #2 Lol

Alright G, I tried these tracks and spent...Oh wait, I already did this shit, my bad :lol:

I did indeed try all of these tracks and really thought they were shit! Damn, i mean they were THE shit! Lol (yes, I'm drinking now, too) Anyways, here are my comments...like anyone cares

1. Warraners in Vinewood - Great track G! It looked like CP #23 needed to be moved to the corner of that U-turn and adjust #24 accordingly. Very nice route, very challenging.

2. Buggies in Grapeseed - Very fun track man. I love this area, obviously. No issues here

3. Bullets and Bridges - This track had a great route and was VERY well suited for the car choice.

4. Comets and Grapes - Nice, leisurely drive.  I didn't encounter any area's that were very challenging (So props for great CP placement). Once again this was a great car for the area

5. Roosevelts and Moonshine - Why the hell does Hatch drive this POS? It can go fast, yes, but it corners like shit :D I enjoyed the back half much more than the first, probably because I was playing in dirt more? Nice track though, good job

6. F620's and Galileo - It appeared that CP #51 needed a break in speed upon approach; likely will result in multiple fly-by's. Also, CP #17 could be moved further away from #16, just looked too close. Otherwise I rather enjoyed this track and the car, not one of my usual rides

7. Phoenix and the Bandits - This track was quite slow paced (muscle car, duh) with not many challenging sections. The CP's were very easy to follow but somewhat predictable? (Not sure, I've just ran too many tracks in this area, they all seem to mush together) I really adored your barrier building skills though (Oh damn, man adorement :blink: ) Haha

Anyways, there's my $0.04...like anyone cares :D

Note: If none of this makes sense, I was drinking at the time of playing each track...and at the time of writing. Just saying, there could be some mistakes here ;)  

Damn! See, forgot to mention...The numbering system I used is in order of my favoritism

Edited by rumdig
  • Like 1

Haha thanks, I'll take a look at those little things when I get a chance.

Like I said, wasn't after anything challenging and had more fun creating simple things that were short for the most part.

I know what section you're talking about in Galileo. I had a little trouble with that because of the trees right there and the shape of that section is a little different than the previous two.

Phoenix was a little tough too because it's such a small area so there's really only so much you have to work with road wise so yeah, it isn't anything new at all. Same goes with Grapeseed, that one probably took the longest to work out a route that I felt was at least original enough to have a job created out of it.

Warreners was the same thing really. So many tracks go through here I wasn't sure if what I made was even worthwhile. I also questioned that little roundabout, if it was out of place or not. I would have liked to include another one but there wasn't really much room elsewhere nor did I have hardly any props left. I'd like to incorporate something like that in the future with less props.

I think Bullets and Bridges is probably the one I enjoy the most personally (that's assuming I make anything good :lol:) followed by Grapeseed.

So I appreciate the little rundown of your thoughts, it's always helpful :)

Yeah, nobody cares. :D

You gave us your $0.04. I'll give you a nickel to STFU!

:lol::lol::lol:

Sweet! I'll finally start raking in the dough. Who else would like to pay me to STFU? :lol:

Taking donations...lol

Gotta laugh at the answer available 'No'  :lol:.

I have not yet tried them all, I really like the Dune Buggy race though, that car is rarely used by anyone, I bought a custom Dune Buggy after we ran this the other night.

I'll vote when I have tried them all.

A Rat Loader race would be cool...

• Like 1

Gotta laugh at the answer available 'No'  :lol:.

I have not yet tried them all, I really like the Dune Buggy race though, that car is rarely used by anyone, I bought a custom Dune Buggy after we ran this the other night.

I'll vote when I have tried them all.

A Rat Loader race would be cool...

I smell the opportunity for your next race. Make sure to have tons of boosts for crazy loop d loops and 5 story tall jumps! Kidding, screw that. That's one thing I can say I've never done .. a Rat Loader race.