The Future of XDBX - PS3/PS4 Discussions

V17

I've done a quick search and couldn't find anything.

Out of curiosity I was wondering what entails for the future of this crew following Rockstars announcement to release GTA V for the current gen?

I'm happy to boot up my PS3 for all crew related events I'm just curious as to whether there will be any plans to populate either the PC version or PS3/Xbox.

Come release I will definitely be purchasing the PC Version but if account transfer means I will no longer be able to play with you guys on PS3 I will probably start from scratch on my PC.

Moving to PS4

Danielle

DavidCore89

JustHatched

Wraignbow

Jesse

Pepperonigilly

rofur

Vishesh

Casey

Skip_rat

SanAndreasRealOG

RO9M

Johanhummer9

lann3fors

ronin1904

desuno1

Pb76

Edited by Danielle
  • Like 1

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pb76

• JustHatched

• Danielle

• Jaggy

For PC players>>>>>http://www.domesticbatterygta.com/topic/2324-for-the-future-gtav-pc-players/

XBOX would more or less be the same as PC ^^^

For the crew to truly expand would require trust in those that are leading the effort over there (PC and Eggbox) are following crew procedures. That can only be gained on PS3 atm.

PS3/PS4 - we will carry on, eventually most will be on PS4 anyway though some will be a few years behind others. The website will be adapted to cover all that are official crew platforms.

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but check this thread out:

http://www.domesticbatterygta.com/topic/2324-for-the-future-gtav-pc-players/

For PC players>>>>>http://www.domesticbatterygta.com/topic/2324-for-the-future-gtav-pc-players/

XBOX would more or less be the same as PC ^^^

For the crew to truly expand would require trust in those that are leading the effort over there (PC and Eggbox) are following crew procedures. That can only be gained on PS3 atm.

PS3/PS4 - we will carry on, eventually most will be on PS4 anyway though some will be a few years behind others. The website will be adapted to cover all that are official crew platforms.

Ah sorry, I did a search but couldn't find that topic.

So it looks like the majority will be jumping over to PS4?

Thats a shame, considering the PC version will have so much more to offer. Well I'm happy to contribute in what ever way I can to the PC version of the crew and just hope it grows successfully. If not I'm certainatly not planning on buying a PS4 / Xbox any time soon so will just have to stick to ps3 for the crew stuff.

PC gaming is appealing but the one major drawback for me is the continuous modding among a minority of legit gamers.

I have a decent gaming / music production rig but many of the games I have enjoyed in the past have been absolutely crippled, much more than any console.

I'm looking forward to the PS4 release and getting the crew off to a good start as soon as that launches.

• Like 4

I'm waiting with PS4 until I know it's enough people using it. I'm enjoying my PS3 now and probably will do for some months more :)

• Like 2

I got all excited about a PC version, as I recently built a new rig. But it soon occurred to me, the PC version is gonna be CRAZY when hackers start with their haxs and bots and who knows what else. Its gonna be interesting.

I will be a ps3 guy for awhile. Probably one of the last to make the switch.

Same with me

Same here. Won't make the jump before 2016 me think.

I will be a ps3 guy for awhile. Probably one of the last to make the switch.

I'm in the same boat.  I still can't justify spending that kind of money for just one game plus a new system unless there are some very significant changes added.  I know, the graphics and all should be better, but since I don't really play anything else, I'd be spending upwards of $500 just to play one game.  Eh, probably not going to happen anytime soon.  Of course, if my PS3 dies between now and then, I might consider it, but I just replaced this one back around the holidays last year.

As for the PC version--that's a no go for me as well.  I've played games on the PC ages ago, and I just couldn't get into them like I did with console games.  Plus, that would entail learning to how to work an entire new type of controller, and well, my PC is just my PC--I like to always have it open, and playing a game there would hinder my ability to multitask.  Plus, you can't beat GTA on a larger screen, and that is something that the PC does not have.  I suppose you could always hook the PC up to the TV, but that would tie up two devices for the same thing.

With that said, consider me a PS3 player for an extended period of time.

• Like 1

Ah this is reassuring then.

I do hope for a reasonable amount of people to be moving to PC and I see the point allot of you have with the hackers, but surely that's the point of this crew? To keep us separate for the asshats. 

There are the other points about PC, I don't know how R* is going to deal with modding, I hope they encourage it in its own separate servers. A game is always better modded when the creators encourage it, I mean look at Skyrim... I got that game looking stunning on my rig, I can't wait to see GTA V with an ENB and mods that increase forest desity and also installing real life cars.

If Rockstar encourage it, and make it easy on separate servers then I doubt many people that like to mod will go to the trouble of messing with the locked servers, it all depends on Rockstars approach really... Rather than saying "You can't do this" they should be more "You can do that over there".

But I'm glad allot of you are standing by the PS3 and like I said, I'll be happy to boot mine up and continue for Crew affairs, but there will be a noticeable drop in the number of players. I just hope we can keep it all together.

Im gonna stay with the ps3 for a while yet also, cos the first thing u wanna do when getting a new console is to get a few games for it and over here in the UK each game is around £50 , so just getting two to three games will almost set u back half of the price of the ps4 itself!

Also u gotta remember that its pretty much the exact same GTA game being released for next gen, so the story mode is likely to be exactly the same and online

Would probably be a different ball game if they stopped releasing new games for ps3 or if it was gta6 solely coming out on ps4 rather than ps3.

But it will surely be a bit of a shame with the number of players migrating to ps4 /PC , just hope there will be enough of us ps3 oldies left :D

PC gaming is appealing but the one major drawback for me is the continuous modding among a minority of legit gamers.

I have a decent gaming / music production rig but many of the games I have enjoyed in the past have been absolutely crippled, much more than any console.

I'm looking forward to the PS4 release and getting the crew off to a good start as soon as that launches.

Bingo.

This game is enough of a mess in PS3, I couldnt be bothered to wade into the shitstorm that will unfold on the PC version. At least there will hopefully be some leadtime before the modder/hacker resources catch up with the PS4 tech. This offers some hope that there will be a long period of gameplay without all the BS.

• Like 2

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Bingo.

This game is enough of a mess in PS3, I couldnt be bothered to wade into the shitstorm that will unfold on the PC version. At least there will hopefully be some leadtime before the modder/hacker resources catch up with the PS4 tech. This offers some hope that there will be a long period of gameplay without all the BS.

That's all I want too, such a shame that legit gamers are becoming a minority these days.

It seems to be all about what ways you can fuck the game up and how quick you can post it on YouTube.

I don't understand why people want to ruin it and I probably never will.

• Like 3

Because Americans are raised in a culture that tells them rules are meaningless.

So when we play games, we want a rigged game so that we can always "win".

Rules are in place to preserve the integrity of the game, which is the whole point of the game, to enjoy the unpredictable nature of it. This is counter to our culture now....and you see the results. We try to scam any and every system under the sun.

I have noticed the vast majority of grown ups who play this game are not Americans and the vast majority of children playing the game are American. Just my perception from my experience.

Edited by handcuff_charlie
  • Like 3

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Because Americans are raised in a culture that tells them rules are meaningless.

I have noticed the vast majority of grown ups who play this game are not Americans and the vast majority of children playing the game are American. Just my perception from my experience.

That's quite an accurate observation, never considered that before... 

Just preordered my copy of GTAV PS4 version about an hour ago

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Nooooo hatch , don't do it , don't go over to the darkside that is the ps4 =O

Woohoo, you can get the crew started up over there in time for my transfer :D

Tee-hee, I'll watch you guys talk about all your headaches while I wait a month to jump on board, likely, stress free.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines