Transform this - a creators event

Lann

Just tried out my race and the transform bit doesn't work. Fixed it so it at least works now.

I'm trying something similar to what @Lann did with his track and the different pit lanes for different transforms. But I can't seem to do it on the way I set it up right now. I only get 2 options instead of the wanted 4 or 5. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Torgiano
Changed the race and the text

1 hour ago, Torgiano said:

Just tried out my race and the transform bit doesn't work. Fixed it so it at least works now.

I'm trying something similar to what @Lann did with his track and the different pit lanes for different transforms. But I can't seem to do it on the way I set it up right now. I only get 2 options instead of the wanted 4 or 5. Any help would be appreciated.

Keep it simple, for example:

cp1-1 (cp 1 primary): regular

cp1-2 (cp 1 secondary): transform to added ”vehicle 1”

cp2-1: regular

cp2-2: transform to added ”vehicle 2”

and so on..

You could then place all secondary cp’s in the pits, and keep all promary (in this case also regular) on the main path. Rememer when testing on the creator you only test primary or secondary cp’s.

• 2 weeks later...

My race is done

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/job/gtav/0wCCQIJWXUeHsKrfRktYJQ

I'm not totally happy with it but best I could do within the multitude of limitations the creator seems to have right now. Just making it a transform race takes up about half the model memory so only just enough left for the track and a few props. Tried using more roads rather than stunt tracks but could not find a suitable location where it would let me actually place the CPs. Had to re-do the primary route as one of the secondary transform CP insisted on pointing to the next primary CP, i.e. the wrong way, originally. Also it seemed to randomly change from transform to normal stunt race, add traffic back on, make all vehicles available after I'd locked it to one. And despite Rockstar choosing to put these words into the game, it will not let me use the sponsor (Fukaru) nor manufacturer (Nagasaki) in the title and description!

Rant over ...

Forbidden Splits

Title because what I wanted to use has forbidden words in it - see above.

The idea is this is one of those races where those starting on the left of the grid do a different 1st lap to those on the right, then you're 2nd lap is the one the others did for their 1st and so on. Here though it's not just the route that differs but also the vehicles you transform to.

All vehciles from Nagasaki, customs off, Golf Caddy to start then left half of grid does Buzzard - Street Blazer and Stryder, right half does Dinghy - Outlaw - Chimera. It's approximately balanced at lap times of about 1:50, but it does need to be an even number of laps to make sure it's fair. Non-contact by default because it's got helicopters in it and even if contact was on I'd not recomend catch-up (that would mess with the different routes & vehicle combinations) or slip stream.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1