Video Editing Software

DavidCore89

Yeah, as the title says, I'm looking for a noob-friendly video editing software. Just for some basic editing.

A lot of the free software doesn't allow exporting, and if they do, it's super low quality.

Thanks.

• Like 1

DC, I think im on the same boat. I've been looking at Premiere or DaVinci but really havent dug deep enough to give you solid advice. I'm buying a green screen cause I want to try something I think could be fun. 

@Smurf do you have any experience with VES?

Just now, Con said:

DC, I think im on the same boat. I've been looking at Premiere or DaVinci but really havent dug deep enough to give you solid advice. I'm buying a green screen cause I want to try something I think could be fun. 

@Smurf do you have any experience with VES?

I've been playing with VSDC, easy to use, but I wanted to check out other options before buying a licence.

Green screens and all that is probably way beyond what I'm looking to do, which is simply placing 1 image and 1 audio file together :classic_laugh:

WonderShare Filmora is a good easy to use video editing software for noobs. The only issue I saw was when editing created text, the size would not change, but they probably patched that seeing I haven't used it in a while. You can also learn some shortcut key presses & tutorials etc.... on youtube, doubt you need it though.

You can export in multiple ways & formats. Uploading to youtube from the app, you can change resolution, fps, audio bit rate etc.

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 1

I’ve done all of my editing with Cyberlink Power director. 

I’m a complete amateur with no editing training or prior experience before I started playing around making GTA videos. It does have a chroma key feature so you can do green screen work. 

Might be cheaper software available that’s more suitable for what you need. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

I’ve done all of my editing with Cyberlink Power director. 

I’m a complete amateur with no editing training or prior experience before I started playing around making GTA videos. It does have a chroma key feature so you can do green screen work. 

Might be cheaper software available that’s more suitable for what you need. 

Too bad we lost all the original video posts. I remember my first month here, that is how i got familiar with the different personalities. 

6 hours ago, Con said:

Too bad we lost all the original video posts. I remember my first month here, that is how i got familiar with the different personalities. 

@con What do mean on the site or personal backup?

• 4 weeks later...

I just started with Lightworks because I had to edit a video for my daughters birthday.

The free version allows exports in 720p...

I don't think it's noob friendly but I got it to work for me after a few hours.

31 minutes ago, Schumi6581 said:

I just started with Lightworks because I had to edit a video for my daughters birthday.

The free version allows exports in 720p...

I don't think it's noob friendly but I got it to work for me after a few hours.

Sounds pretty good.

Does it export audio in 320kpbs? Some of the software I used at first would only allow 192kbps. Wouldn't matter on a regular video I guess.

1 hour ago, DavidCore89 said:

Sounds pretty good.

Does it export audio in 320kpbs? Some of the software I used at first would only allow 192kbps. Wouldn't matter on a regular video I guess.

I don't know actually. The free version only allows H.264 / MP4 video at a maximum of 720p and 60fps. I don't see the audio specs.

I use premier pro 2015, tricky at first, but many a youtube video and I self taught myself the basics. Drop me a PM, I may have something that may tickle your fancy

• Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

52 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

I use premier pro 2015, tricky at first, but many a youtube video and I self taught myself the basics. Drop me a PM, I may have something that may tickle your fancy

How much did that cost you? I've heard it can be acquired very cheaply!!!!

I currently have paid the paid version Adobe CC (one of the only plus points of returning to education) and do the little bits and pieces I do in that mostly, it's also really good in that you can pull Illustrator and Photoshop content straight into it as well and retain links back for editing etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, doubleg213 said:

How much did that cost you? I've heard it can be acquired very cheaply!!!!

I currently have paid the paid version Adobe CC (one of the only plus points of returning to education) and do the little bits and pieces I do in that mostly, it's also really good in that you can pull Illustrator and Photoshop content straight into it as well and retain links back for editing etc.

Perks of knowing a dodgy northerner I suppose lol.

• Haha 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend