Real racing with XDBX highlights [Gran Turismo 6]

handcuff_charlie

Some insane racing again lads! Great fun :D

I couldn't believe how much fun the london track is and on the special stage track the cars sound like jets but the sensation of the mighty speed we were doing is there.

HC I think there's actually a trophy in career for winning a race within 0.01 seconds ....well 0.006 seconds is as close to a photo finish as it gets lol

And those damn snow clouds , who could forget those lol

What PP limit did you go with on Special Stage and what top speeds were you doing?

Snow racing was fun though, even managed to get a lap in the lead until I went sideways and parked in the fence. :lol:

We went with a 650pp limit and I think if I remember the speeds were going up to 260mph ....crazy fast ! Edited by The Rikster

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• handcuff_charlie

• DavidCore89

• The Rikster

• zmurko

Cool, then it's good I wasnt there :P

I sometimes test top speeds of any cars I buy on that track and my Ruf which is at 633 PP I think reached 445 km/h (276 mph?) on that short downhill stretch, but was going 435 km/h (270 mph) most of the time I think.

I tried Tesla car too and all you can hear is the wind, heh.

Cool, then it's good I wasnt there :P

I sometimes test top speeds of any cars I buy on that track and my Ruf which is at 633 PP I think reached 445 km/h (276 mph?) on that short downhill stretch, but was going 435 km/h (270 mph) most of the time I think.

I tried Tesla car too and all you can hear is the wind, heh.

Yeah the electric cars are a bit surreal , with no noise lol

Which RUF did you go for ? , I was gonna buy one of those but heard the handling is very tricky .. How do u find the handling?

Hehehe , I thought as much that those cars are a handful and then some . But am still really tempted to get one though.. Cos as u said you've gotta have a Porsche in the old collection ;)

Might just plump for the cheapest one and see how it goes

The AWD RUF, CTR, is a beast. Very minor adjustments are necesary to the suspension to get the most out of it.

Aha , then that is now on the shopping list.. Will give it a try

The AWD RUF, CTR, is a beast. Very minor adjustments are necesary to the suspension to get the most out of it.

Yes it is! That's why I mentioned it too when I saw you've raced at that track.

I really need to find time to do some adjustments to my cars.

Just not sure how to tackle it, since I don't understad half of it :lol:

I just don't like how most of them handle, that's for sure.

So far the car I like the most is actually the Subaru Impreza Rally car, even on regular tires and normal tracks. Great handling, brakes feel amazing, it's just a bit slow on straights, but with its 530 PP I'll pick it for any 550 races against AI, thats for sure.

Another one is Tommy Kaira ZZII, my 650 PP (and 600) choice, but I have ASM constantly kicking in when driving that one.

Yes it is! That's why I mentioned it too when I saw you've raced at that track.

I really need to find time to do some adjustments to my cars.

Just not sure how to tackle it, since I don't understad half of it :lol:

I just don't like how most of them handle, that's for sure.

So far the car I like the most is actually the Subaru Impreza Rally car, even on regular tires and normal tracks. Great handling, brakes feel amazing, it's just a bit slow on straights, but with its 530 PP I'll pick it for any 550 races against AI, thats for sure.

Another one is Tommy Kaira ZZII, my 650 PP (and 600) choice, but I have ASM constantly kicking in when driving that one.

Do you have an IOS device ( iPhone, iPad etc ) ? Because if u do then there's a really good app by gran turismo themselves called beyond the apex. It has a really good explanation of all of the tuning parameters available and what they do..

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt6/beyond_the_apex/

Do you have an IOS device ( iPhone, iPad etc ) ? Because if u do then there's a really good app by gran turismo themselves called beyond the apex. It has a really good explanation of all of the tuning parameters available and what they do..

I have that.

I use it for things regarding car setup which are still largely a mystery to me.

However, I have picked up a lot just from trial and error or running time trials using tweaked setups.

Also, playing a lot of F1 enabled me to have a fair idea of how each component change can affect the performance of the car.

Edited by DavidCore89

I have that.

I use it for things regarding car setup which are still largely a mystery to me.

However, I have picked up a lot just from trial and error or running time trials using tweaked setups.

Also, playing a lot of F1 enabled me to have a fair idea of how each component change can affect the performance of the car.

Yep I've found it really good for the theory behind all the tuning parameters. But ur right DC a lot of it is just trial and error in getting a car setup for ur driving style and just tweakng it in a certain direction.

The f1 games helped me a lot too cos there's a really good but succinct explanation of what u can tune and what it does to the car by changing the values and I brought that to gt6

• Like 1

Unfortunately I don't own any IOS devices, even my phone is still a "stupid" one, not a smart one. :(

Looks good though.

The booklet that comes with the game is an excellent reference source for suspension tuning if the subject is new to you.

Never even looked at it lol, should give it a whirl. Don't think I ever read the booklets in games lol