Missing Weapons From the Creator and Other Issues

LN-MLB

I'm not much of a creator myself--I'd like to be, but at the moment, I am more of an avid supporter of the creator community.  With that said, the latest update has seriously damaged certain abilities that were once present within the creator.

One of the biggest is the removal of DLC weapons for placement within captures and deathmatches.  As of the latest independence day update, the Assault SMG, SNS Pistol, Heavy Pistol, Vintage Pistol, Broken Bottle, Antique Calvary Dagger, Special Carbine, Bullpup Rifle, and Gusenberg Sweeper have been disabled and removed from the weapons drop menu.  Meaning: you cannot place the items anywhere on your map nor can you use them as the forced weapon.  In addition, the new weapons (the Musket and Firework Launcher) are missing as well.  That means, no musket TDMs or captures (outside of the R* made ones) can be created.  Sure, I suppose you could use them if you liked owned weapon TDMs and captures, but I and many others do not enjoy those at all.

Other issues to consider--they have removed 10 weapons at random from all user created maps, and only allow 40 instead of the normal 50 placement tiles.  This also applies to races that have GTA capabilities.  There are also ever present issues with the actors used in captures, but you would need the advice of a more advanced creator to explain that well enough.

Either way, unless something is said by a great number of people on an on-going basis, nothing will be done.  I am sure they are aware of the issue, but judging by some of the R* responses, they are not taking these things seriously enough.  In fact, some of the responses contain links to threads about issues that have absolutely nothing to do with weapon placement at all.

If possible, take a couple of minutes and voice your concerns to R* through the Social Club.  The more responses, the better chance we have of enjoying these custom creations to their fullest extent.

Here is a link to my thread that I posted on their support forum: Missing Weapons in Creator (PS3)

Here is the link that handcuff_charlie posted as well: Please add missing & update weapons to creator

Post your own thread about this issue (using the same or similar wording), submit a ticket, comment, or just show your support through a vote.  Anything helps--we want R* to hear us.

Also, if you have any other problematic issues with the creator, be sure to update them as well.  I know that I'd like to see more vehicles added for placement, but something like that may just be a wish.  Either way, thanks for reading and please help support the creator community.

• Like 3

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Danielle

• LN-MLB

• handcuff_charlie

• G37

Never created anything myself but I sure enjoy playing other peoples, I can do this later.

Thanks, Dani! :)

They have yet to respond to my posting, but I'm not giving up.  I will flood their inboxes on a daily basis if that is what it takes. ;)

I did do something, maybe I submitted a ticket? I've never used the support forums so I wasn't sure what bit to click on!

Edited by Danielle
  • Like 1

This is definitely a problem. I wonder if anything specifically has been changed in the other creators, specifically racing for me. I did notice they added a couple props (gates) but I really haven't looked enough to see what's been altered.

It seems it's always the DM creator that's getting the shaft and I don't know why nor do I like it.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

DM and Capture have been hit the worst with bugs and are sorely needing attention. I think races have not been nearly as affected because they do not rely on the same game-mechanisms.....however any GTA races with 50 weapon pickups lost 10 just like DM's

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Shit, good point HC didn't think about GTA races. Well that kind of bones one of my races so I cannot imagine it bending over backwards all your stuff.

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Still no response from R*, but I've been reading around, and there seems to be quite a few from the creator community who are sending out tickets left and right.  We can only hope they will listen, but I'm starting to think that you do not need to pass a literacy test for a job with online R* support.  I know they get a lot of complaints and requests, but some of what I read from them is just down right appalling to say the least.

Thanks again guys for sending out those tickets--like I said, the more the better, and I'm going to continue to push their buttons (whether they listen to me or not).

Yeah, I don't think they've bugged anything with checkpoints or the like in races, but like Charlie said, the weapons have been affected.

I've also read that some people are having problems with the NPCs in captures using the wrong designated weapons.

It's frustrating, but hopefully things will iron themselves out eventually.  We may have to wait months though. :(

• Like 1

Two creating issues in my Capture Fort Zancudo:

It seems either I or the area has some issues. When testing the capture in creator the chosen forced weapon does not exist, I start with nothing.

Also the props I placed for cover when respawning does not show up at all. Dont know if it would in a actual game, or if it is a bug within Fort Zancudo. I have no problem placing them in the creator.

The creator also, on several different creations, illustrated and equip a different weapon to actors, different from what i choose. Anyone noticed this? 

• Like 1

Zancudo is a "restricted area" along with the airport....we have never been able to place anything in those two places, except for some fringe areas on a side or in a corner that somehow isn't blocked out.

if you have managed to drop stuff, anything...checkpoints, props, spawn points, inside Zancudo, then that is probably why you are having those issues.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Zancudo is a "restricted area" along with the airport....we have never been able to place anything in those two places, except for some fringe areas on a side or in a corner that somehow isn't blocked out.

if you have managed to drop stuff, anything...checkpoints, props, spawn points, inside Zancudo, then that is probably why you are having those issues.

I am afraid that is the reason why the props do not show up, and i think you are right. But the issue with the actors wrong weapons appears in all creations at the moment.

This was the reply - 

"Thank you for contacting Rockstar support. If you do another mission once you finish you weapon will be back in you inventory."

Absolute fucking fruit loops, I'd rather they didn't bother replying.

This was the reply - 

"Thank you for contacting Rockstar support. If you do another mission once you finish you weapon will be back in you inventory."

I've been seeing that same exact sort of reply from people on GTAF. Is R* fucking brain dead?

"WEAPONS ARE MISSING FROM THE CREATOR"

"Oh, okay, well you need to level up to use new weapons"

yaoming_meme_png_by_blinkytv-d578rcx.png

• Like 3

This was the reply - 

I haven't even received a response, but I can only imagine what it will be like--if they even bother responding at all.

Like I said, I don't think literacy is one of the requirements for that job.  I get the feeling that the staff in charge of reading those complaints know little to nothing about the actual game.  It's depressing, but getting to the next level of support is probably impossible, as it took them over three months to respond to my last complaint.  When I received a response, it was much of the same garbage.

I know, technically I shouldn't be complaining as the online aspect is free, but some of this nonsense just reeks of bad business.  I thought the whole point of running a business was listening to your customers.

Epic fail on their part and rant over.

Edited by LN-MLB
  • Like 1

I haven't even received a response, but I can only imagine what it will be like

If you wear a scarf in winter, your neck will be warm

• Like 3

I haven't even received a response, but I can only imagine what it will be like--if they even bother responding at all.

Like I said, I don't think literacy is one of the requirements for that job.  I get the feeling that the staff in charge of reading those complaints know little to nothing about the actual game.  It's depressing, but getting to the next level of support is probably impossible, as it took them over three months to respond to my last complaint.  When I received a response, it was much of the same garbage.

I know, technically I shouldn't be complaining as the online aspect is free, but some of this nonsense just reeks of bad business.  I thought the whole point of running a business was listening to your customers.

Epic fail on their part and rant over.

If you notice, on your reply it says somewhere near the top "TIER 1" support level.

Now if you know anything about modern corporate practices, customer support has become less about handling customer concerns, and more about managing the dumb masses who are too stupid to use your product correctly and think it is broken. Which is unfortunate but very true a LOT of the time.

Tier 1 is always minimum or slightly above minimum wage workforce (typically a call center not even co-located with the company they are hired by) in which the workers typically don't even know anything about the product they are fielding complaints on. They are given a list of complaint types they are supposed to categorize the complaint into and then must pick out the proper canned remedy for that complaint....or the canned remedy is generated for them and they simply pass it on to you. Think of it as the scene in Idiocracy where Joe goes to the hospital and is trying to ask the girl a question and she is looking for the right button to press with the dumbed down pictures of reasons for hospital visits....this really functions just like that.

Tier 1 is meant to stiff arm as much of the dumb masses as possible so the company does not waste money by overpaying for competent problem fixers who have all their time consumed by morons. These competent people are TIER 2 or higher, some companies call them "executive customer assistance", if you get beyond TIER 1, then you get passed on to these actual customer service people. How you get beyond TIER 1 is the $64,000 question though isn't it? If anyone could know, then no one would bother with the TIER 1 bullshit.

My recommendation is to keep pressing, deny the "RESOLVED" status via direct reply or resubmit. This is the only way to get through to the real customer support and not these "stiff-armers" put in place to keep the general game population of morons out of Rockstar's hair. So technically, from a business standpoint, it is good business....but unfortunately the customer with a brain needs to understand it in order to get actual customer support when it is actually warranted.

Edited by handcuff_charlie
  • Like 3

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Desiree

July 05, 2014 06:57

Hello vishesh_91,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Technical Support.

We deeply enjoy receiving feedback, suggestions, and game ideas from our fans. However, as we are technical support we are not involved in the creative aspects of the games.

Please send your idea to GTAOnline@rockstargames.com. That email is used for feedback, ideas, suggestions, and questions about all creative aspects of the game.

Thank you for your idea and sharing your passion.

Cheers,
Desiree T
R* Tech Support

Don't know where I went wrong.

Edited by vishesh_91
  • Like 2

These fucking buffoons.

I'd reply "It's not an idea asshat, it's me telling you that you suck and to fix the things you broke".

It's bad that this is funny, because it's not and this has to be some kind of sad running joke over at R*.

Edited by G37
  • Like 2

I lol'd

"Hello Dani_elle

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support. We would like you to uninstall and reinstall the game."

quadruple_facepalm.jpg

Edited by Danielle
  • Like 2

The replies from R* are priceless, completely generic answers each time, a waste of our time and a waste of money spent on the employees.

I recently lost 5 guns with all attachments and full ammo, also 4 melee weapons.

I've called R* support (possibly tier 1 or below) several times for different reasons but this time the lady was even more clueless than expected and had no idea what the word 'weapons' meant.

After my quadruple facepalm (as pictured above) I proceeded to find out what things the lady from R* actually 'knew', turns out she knew jack and said "Sir, unfortunately we're not paid to play the game, as much as we'd like to".

Turns out they're not paid to do much else either.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 2

I e-mailed them today after going on social club and realising they had an e-mail address just for modders/hackers/glitchers (gtaonlinebanhammer@rockstargames.com) after our deathmatch with the god mode guy and I've actually had a normal response would you believe it :lol:

• Like 2

i was having the disappearing props problem the other day in the capture creator while placing any kind of props at the loading docks where all the 4-way madness races are made, so i know the area isn't restricted. i haven't been back in there to try again to see if it was just a flook or if its fixed yet.