Show me your Kitties

Sinister

I know we have some Cat owners around here and one of the Internet's greatest uses is Cat photos. So let me see them 🙂

Here are mine.

Casper (white) and Oreo. Both rescues found during Tropical Storm watches. Oreo is almost 4 years old and was abandoned by her mother in the neighbors yard. She is the typical Cat that doesn't really want anything to do with anyone unless she needs food. Strangely enough though she has been "fixed" but absolutely loves when I rub her belly.

Casper showed up out of thin air. One second there was nothing and the next he was outside the door. He is only 6 months old and is growing like crazy. He is more dog than cat. Will follow you around and loves attention, will even shake hands. We found him in Oct so naming him Casper made sense.

tbX5T3J.jpg?1

Casper and Caramel. The daughter named that one and is the reason I don't want her naming animals. I call him Camel because it makes about as much sense 😉 He is nearing 6 years old and is here because I didn't want him left at the mother in laws house because there were too many kids chasing him around and tormenting him. He knew to sleep that first night on my pillow so I would bond with him.

t9Efc8x.jpg?1

IhvZPD5.jpg?1

They love to pretend they all get along.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Con said:

Thanks, Pete!! Look at those sweet paws, man. 

She is one giant fur-ball.  Even hair coming out of the bottom of her feet.

• Haha 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Just now, pete_95973 said:

She is one giant fur-ball.  Even hair coming out of the bottom of her feet.

Most cats don't hate water. What they hate is that water weighs them down cause all that wet fur and it also makes them cold. 

• Like 1

This is my tiger that just past this last December. A good 15 year run. Miss my buddy! 
image.thumb.jpeg.6795863e1872e71a156d0870a0569a43.jpeg

I still have my little trouble maker but she’s  a good girl.

image.thumb.jpeg.a2580b6ef0048658d0678b207ecac0eb.jpeg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Con said:

Most cats don't hate water. What they hate is that water weighs them down cause all that wet fur and it also makes them cold. 

I had a long haired gray tom cat that I got pretty young, but he was a wild barn kitten I got from the little German lady we had our hunting lease with. We found him in one of the barn in one of her many proprieties when I went with her to help feed her cattle. He was pretty scrawny and just eat up with fleas. Dad and I left as soon as I got back. During the 6 hr drive back, I put him in the back of the truck in a cage. At a stop, I fed him some of my sandwich and gave him some water. I could really see how bad he was infested with the fleas!

The first thing I did when we got home, I gave him a bath. That first bath was a little tough, but he seemed to realize it was getting rid of the fleas. As I dried him off, the little stinker started to purr. I put him him his cage in my room and fed him.

He woke me up the next morning meowing at me. I opened the cage and picked him up. He acted like we had been friends for years.

The purpose of the post is to express my amazement of just how some cats can display highly developed individualistic personalities. This kitten absolutely loved baths!  He would try to get into the bath with me. I had to keep the door closed and he would still meow to get in. He turned into a very beautiful cat that kept his coat impeccable.He loved to play fetch with all sorts of things. He would always come when called and could tell him to go to someone and he would get in their lap.

One summer day, he followed my Grandma into the garage when she went to the freezer there. She didn't know he followed her and he got shut in there. I found  him behind the dryer when I got home. He had suffered a heat stroke. He died in my arms about an hour later. The next morning I dug him a grave in the back yard and made a sarcophagus from bricks and concrete blocks. My poor Grandma cried at his grave feeling guilty.

Smoke was a great cat.

• Sad 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!