Black Country Diecast

CatManDoza

Just found these in a box. I found them a few years ago in a sandpit

All Jaguars. The blue Mk10 is by Husky and the E-type and Mk2 are by Lesney.

CaddZq5.jpg

TalGpQh.jpg

oyD4mYj.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Been a long time, but lack of materials has made restoring any cars pretty much impossible, until now.

Got a new restoration that should befinished bythe end of today, just waiting for lacquer to dry properly.

Busy couple of days here, finished a mini diorama for pictures and when paired with a ligthbox, takes nice photos.

WQWaX6u.jpg

then I tried hydro dipping a car the cheap way

9l8vmqH.jpg

Edited by CatManDoza
  • Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

Catman you are far too s*xy now you have a light box, that’s a great pic.

Hydro dipping too? 

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

• 3 weeks later...

Nice little pick up off of Facebook this evening. Never been opened, now to decide whether to keep or sell. 

yrmUUQJ.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 10:14 AM, CatManDoza said:

This weekends project....

p7wIbcI.jpg

Is that a Yardie Lobo? I used to have one of those in blue I think. I’d convinced myself it was the Beverly Hills cop car.

6 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

Is that a Yardie Lobo? I used to have one of those in blue I think. I’d convinced myself it was the Beverly Hills cop car.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CatManDoza said:

Nice little pick up off of Facebook this evening. Never been opened, now to decide whether to keep or sell. 

yrmUUQJ.jpg

I think I’ve got one of those with the spoiler snapped off somewhere. Let me see if I can dig it out.

6 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

Yeah, found it. Spoiler has snapped off and I think it’s a slightly bigger scale than your one?

788ADF36-5174-4243-AF68-1B7F99F832E4.jpeg

9CF4C353-5FE2-496B-B8D3-F49C50D3264B.jpeg

590C10DF-7656-4D1F-A0CF-CC3B8F3B79D9.jpeg

Awesome, don't suppose you know what year the f1 car I bought today is? Probably gonna sell that on

3 minutes ago, CatManDoza said:

Awesome, don't suppose you know what year the f1 car I bought today is? Probably gonna sell that on

I think that’s Jacques Villeneuves ‘97 Williams but let me come back to you once I’ve found my glasses or a bigger screen.

1 hour ago, SkyeDave said:

Actually @CatManDoza I think it’s his team matethat year, Heinz Harold Frentzen, he drove the number 4 car. Does the helmet have a German flag stripe across the top?

Yeah it's defo frentzen, it's just the year it doesn't mention

2 hours ago, CatManDoza said:

Yup, looks like the FW19...

The question mark points to 1997 when the tobacco advertising was made illegal in F1...

He came 2nd in the French GP with that Question Mark on the side of the car, but they used several iterations in that year on the side of the car and on the spoiler (Rothmans, R.?, ?, Racing)

Though the other lateral Advertising brand was Hype and not snap on in that French GP...

They had 4 brands for the front lateral of that car (auto Motor Sport, Hype, Sanyo and ProSieben), none of them was Snap-on, as far as I can tell....

EDIT: I did find an actual picture with the snap on logo and the R.? on the side from 1997 in Villeneuve´s car (Great Britain GP)

Now I really would like to know if that combo was used in any race (Snap on + ?).

Edited by Spinnaker1981
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

The question mark points to 1997 when the tobacco advertising was made illegal in F1...

He came 2nd in the French GP with that Question Mark on the side of the car, but they used several iterations in that year on the side of the car and on the spoiler (Rothmans, R.?, ?, Racing)

Though the other lateral Advertising brand was Hype and not snap on in that French GP...

They had 4 brands for the front lateral of that car (auto Motor Sport, Hype, Sanyo and ProSieben), none of them was Snap-on, as far as I can tell....

EDIT: I did find an actual picture with the snap on logo and the R.? on the side from 1997 in Villeneuve´s car (Great Britain GP)

Now I really would like to know if that combo was used in any race (Snap on + ?).

nice one, I did think it should fo said Rothman's but if it was post tobacco ban, that explaisn it

1 hour ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

Bloody Hell Spinnaker. Are you sure you couldn’t give a more comprehensive answer? You’re like a Wikipedia page!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SkyeDave said:

Bloody Hell Spinnaker. Are you sure you couldn’t give a more comprehensive answer? You’re like a Wikipedia page!

We aim to please... 😛

So I emailed the company that made this model to get some background on it. Turns out it's a bespoke piece hand made for jaguar Land rover out of high grade pewter, and currently worth around £50. Not bad for a 3 quid outlay. 

b2xPc83.jpg

Edited by CatManDoza
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Skorpion said:

Just now stumbling across this. Can't believe I've not seen this before now. Think I might have something new to do with @Olla when he's finished his DB/DBZ/DBS character collection. Thanks 🙂

No worries, feel free to add whatever you want to the conversation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CatManDoza said:

So I emailed the company that made this model to get some background on it. Turns out it's a bespoke piece hand made for jaguar Land rover out of high grade pewter, and currently worth around £50. Not bad for a 3 quid outlay. 

b2xPc83.jpg

Damn I wanna see that picture!!!

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?