Nvidia GeForce Now, Free or $10

4pcX5RL.jpg

Nvidia GeForce Now Beta period is now over. If you have games on Uplay, Origin, Steam or on Epic Games Store, select games from these services will work with Nvidis GeForce Now streaming platform. Plus having all 4 accounts on these store fronts isn't a bad idea of having when it comes to games that are on sale or for free weekly.

So you now have the option of buying a high spec gaming PC or laptop & installing & play those games, or using a cheap Mini PC, low end laptop, mac or PC & streaming the game on Nvidia GeForce Now for free or usd$5 a month conditions apply.

It supports rtx ray tracing, no mention of 4k or hdr support for a $5 monthly fee.

Cross play is currently with PC, Mac, Android and Nvidia Shield users.

Game Launcher for all supported platforms here

Geforce Now System Requirements

In the Geforce Nvidia app, you can Send feedback on the games you want added if it's not listed, by clicking the settings sprocket icon in the upper right corner.

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Before going into anything you must have a 64-bit Operating System & the processor should automatically be a 64-bit.

I suggest if you're using or considering buying a mini PC, that it has "Windows 10 iot" because its performance is optimized & of course a 64-bit capable processor & has 8GB Ram.

So I have been using this service over the past few days, & came to the conclusion that it is a game launcher. Games are displayed on the main page that add various launchers & store fronts. Meaning Epic Games Store, Origin & Steam are Incorporated at this point.

There are a few settings to customized graphic and internet data quality as you see fit. 

The graphics quality was decent while playing Apex Legends wired to ethernet while playing on a laptop. I was only able to test the wifi on 2.4Ghz and it was spotty at times, 5Ghz is recommended.

It felt strange playing on a PC again after 12 years, guess I have to shake off the cobwebs & get back in the grove because of screen positioning, size, wireless mouse & keyboard ect.

I played it on my android phones as well, where it had touch screen controls (unlike Stadia) but it recommended getting a controller to play. The 2.4ghz wifi connection was spotty but not on the 5 ghz wifi. I was surprised the mic worked in game though the phone, it did not registered that I plugged in a headset.

My tablet doesn't have a 64 bit OS installed so no luck there.

It was a good experience but one that I hope they create a Wi-Fi enabled controller, to shave off any milliseconds of latency down for those with not so good internet, or at least leave that door open for companies to create such a controllers.

As for me I want a 4k capable Mini PC so I can use it with a regular TV & a xbox one controller. The energy savings would be approximately 110% in my case, & games are always on sales within Geforce Now & the 3 other launchers. Guess this is the future. ?

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 2

I use an Xbox controller because PC games are matched to their layouts anyways. Windows 10 is great and there are only a few games out there that even support Ray Tracing. That tech requires an RTX series card as well. 

Anyone looking to build/buy a top end rig should just wait until next year. Once the new consoles drop they are promising to be damn near as capable as the best PCs. Shortly after the 30 series cards will drop and push PC farther ahead. Isn’t technology wonderful?

• 3 weeks later...

From experience it doesn't take much to run G Now. Using a 4 core, 4 logical processor at 2.1ghz, 512mb integrated video,. Which only uses 3d & video decoding. It runs on 2.1gb ddr3 memory. I would recommend 4gb at max in dual channel & the internet through ethernet never pushed pass 32.4mb at the most aggressive settings.

The only annoying part is logging on to the launchers for each game,  turning off dpi might be simple or hard depending on a case by case basis. Also make sure the resolution matches one of the resolutions in the Geforce Now app or it's good luck reading your in game menu's, it might cause a bit of artifacting. Once I corrected this & played Fornite it made a world of difference when it comes to image fidelity ar 1080p.

Too bad some dev's are fighting this, making mention of license as if it's not still on the same platform, but they should acknowledge that any random person can take Geforce Now model & cookie cut the idea with a rental fee just the same.And people without a Gaming PC will now buy one of the games or two on steam per month. 

• 2 months later...

Steam Cloud Play Beta is teaming up with Nvidia Geforce Now. Starting on the 31st of May 2020 Game publishers & devs will have the option to manually select Geforce Now to stream their game on Nvidia Launcher alongside Geforce Thursday games list weekly update, with over the 200 publishers committing.

IMO I am expecting Epicgame to answer back some time in the near future, maybe they'll team up with Stadia or something idk. Hahaha😂

Edited by Smurf

• 2 months later...

There is now a new way to use Geforce Now the steps are explained from the 9:46 marker of this video, of how to play games from a regular Windows PC 'Chrome browser' and bypass the Unsupported Web page it leads you to. This method works on laptops that don't meet the minimum requirements in hardware specs trust me I know lol & it loads faster than the original official method.

If you have a Chrome Book with Chrome OS installed then simply go to http://Play.geforcenow.com  to Login or register and play your Steam, Origin, Uplay & Epic Games Store Launchers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCsSBMS5zkc

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Thanks for these threads, Smurf. When you posted it, i had no association with the topic but here I am tonight learning about it and looking to use it the next time I move some heavy machinery across Utah in American Truck Simulator. lol.