vishesh_91

I'm sure we have a few members who play this game.I have been playing FIFA for the past decade almost.It was like what GTA is to me now.I'll start by asking what's your favourite game mode?Manager Mode?Player Career?The addictive FUT?Online Seasons?

Mine was definitely FUT,the whole transfer market system and player chemistry thing made it awesome.

Had a great time playing this game with friends and online till GTA Online crashed the party.lol

Share your experience.

PS:I'm always up for a game of FIFA,just let me know when you want to play.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vishesh_91

• DavidCore89

• alchemist3321

• Banketelli

Ultimate team, no question is the best game mode, I used to keep so much info on players values etc and update them on a daily basis.

I love numbers.

Sometimes I'd spend all day just in the transfer market, making some coins and losing some coins.

Got to the top online division with only Swansea players (never used any other players) but never won the top divsion, always 1 or 2 points away from the title.

My play style is very patient, possession style, exploiting the wings - the typical FIFA UT player is extremely direct, through the middle or over the top (didn't work), most had no answer to my tactics except changing to 5 defenders and try the counter attack.

In most games I'd have over 60% possession and a pass success rate of around 85% against people using some of the best players in the game.

I probably won't play FIFA 14 again as I no longer have it but FIFA 15 on PS4 I would like to do some online co-op seasons and random matches if you're up for that.

Maybe we can get to the top in co-op  :)

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

Only game outside of GTA that I really play.

When they started doing the create a player that could only gain stat points by playing and achieving certain aspects I got so focused on that over recent years.

Other then that I loved just building teams. I'd usually start off in the 2nd division with a small budget and work my way up as a GM.

alchemist3321.jpg

I was more of an Ultimate Team hipster lol.I used to trade a lot as well.My main tactic was to earn as many coins as possible for the release of the Januray Team of the Year and invest all of it when the market was down.That would almost triple my bank balance in 3-4 weeks.I had the app on my phone and was OCD about listing stuff on the market.Then I would make different teams based on leagues with InForm and Team of the Year players etc.

My play style is a bit on the defensive side.I have beaten some highly skilled players in top divisions by playing this way.But never taken a team like Swansea to the top division and been that competitive.

A friend of mine plays more or less like you do.I enjoy teaming up with him.Co-op should be fun :)  

Only game outside of GTA that I really play.

When they started doing the create a player that could only gain stat points by playing and achieving certain aspects I got so focused on that over recent years.

Other then that I loved just building teams. I'd usually start off in the 2nd division with a small budget and work my way up as a GM.

Not played much of create a player.But yeah,GM Mode was my favourite till I became an FUT addict.I would always play with Arsenal,bring old players back and stuff,win trophies,sign big players,everything what Wenger wouldn't do. :lol:

• Like 2

I liked co-op when it first came out. No real structure, but fun when you got just a couple people that knew how to play.

Didn't play much online, but had a mate out here from England that was ranked and while I still give him the overall nod used to beat him quite a bit and enough that he was shocked.

Sounds like I play a similar game to DC. I'm all about creation and I play good defense. I may only take 5-8 shots all game, but they are on target and will get me 2-3 goals.

alchemist3321.jpg

I never managed to get an in form or team of the week player but I saw some people who had a team full of them.

Manager mode was good until FUT became the big one, I used to wait for the new online tournaments to be live and try to win the cup but that wasn't easy - lose in the final a lot.

Can't wait to see what new features FIFA 15 has.

Purely word of mouth yesterday at the pub, but some guy mentioned that 15 is going to be revamped or he saw what they were doing and the it's going to be ridiculous on the PS4.

• Like 2

alchemist3321.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was gonna start playing FIFA 14 until the release of 15 on PS4.

I was also wondering how many here would be interested in taking part in a mini-league between XDBX members.

We would need at least 5 players/teams.

You must use the team that you support.

Full fixture list will be made.

All matches will be played in the friendly game mode.

We could try to note game stats, including top goalscorers, total yellow and red cards, offsides, shots & shots on target and any other stats where possible.

It could be fun and a cool way to see out FIFA 14.

If anyone is interested let me know.

• Like 1

I would love to do this  -- but I would probably want to buy the game first and then learn how to use the controls!... :)

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption...

cotick20.jpg

A friend lend me FIFA 14 last month but I haven't played yet :lol:

Could be a could incentive to try it out.

Last FIFA game I played was FIFA '01 but I have spent hours and hours playing FIFA 96 so I can say I'm preeeeeetty good ^_^

• Like 1

A friend lend me FIFA 14 last month but I haven't played yet :lol:

Could be a could incentive to try it out.

Last FIFA game I played was FIFA '01 but I have spent hours and hours playing FIFA 96 so I can say I'm preeeeeetty good ^_^

Man, I loved 96 on the Nintendo.

You had to press the D-pad in a diagonal direction just to run in a straight line  :lol:.

I'm in for sure.

Awesome, Ill wait a few more days to see who else is up for it and then I'll make a thread and league.

Man, I loved 96 on the Nintendo.

You had to press the D-pad in a diagonal direction just to run in a straight line  :lol:.

Awesome, Ill wait a few more days to see who else is up for it and then I'll make a thread and league.

Haha yeah I remember that ! I was always doing the same thing : running along the touch line and shooting when closing in on the penalty area.

It was goal for sure everytime !

I had the game on MegaDrive though^^

Haha yeah I remember that ! I was always doing the same thing : running along the touch line and shooting when closing in on the penalty area.

It was goal for sure everytime !

I had the game on MegaDrive though^^

Haha yeah same thing I used to do.

You could even make the commentator repeat himself when he said "it's a goal".

Edited by DavidCore89

Doesn't the game auto update the squads on friendly mode?

Haven't played Online in a long time so I'm not sure.But I remember last year they updated the squads with only a few summer transfers and left it to that.They didn't add the ones that happened in late July-August.I'll check it later.

Haven't played Online in a long time so I'm not sure.But I remember last year they updated the squads with only a few summer transfers and left it to that.They didn't add the ones that happened in late July-August.I'll check it later.

OK, if squads need updating - we can do that.

Just started playing this again....as some have mention by my psn play update.

I'm interested, but depends on what day and hour...I might get creamed being -8.

How long are we talking as far as a league? I'm guessing it's not a full 38 with only 5 squads?

alchemist3321.jpg