Weird Traditions

Banketelli

So here in Denmark we have a few traditions for turning 25 and 30 while being unmarried. At 25 it's pretty simple, you get a cinnamon shower. At 30 it's peber accompained by... let's say an artistic piece planted outside the house. It's most common with painted oil barrels (sometimes filled with cememt if your friends are real dicks) and then leave the birthday boy with the headache of having to get the shit removed . But it can also be other stuff.

Last week I turned 30 and got this:

oGLIw91.jpg

er4yfrB.jpg

Thankfully I live to rent so they showed kindness and gave me this small piece easy to remove again. 

Today we're a celebrating a mate and since he has his own property the same kindness was not shown. A 12 meter wreck of a trailer with the hitch removed. And his birthday is first Tuesday so we are not done yet! Gonna look like a trailer park when we are done.

K4gzrm7.jpg

PTiJOYM.jpg

So what weird traditions do you have in your neck of the woods?

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

Nice one ! 

Here in France we don't have anything like that. There is a little something for girls who are single at 25. Their friends make a customized hat and the girl has to wear for her birthday.

• Haha 1

I love that you guys wrote "ladyboy" on the trailer. Can't think of anything we do on par with that. Most of our traditions are pretty common.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

As a kid when it's your birthday things would normally go well while hanging out with friends. Playing cricket, badminton, hide n seek, football, video games & so on. 

spacer.png

Their going to all play along as if its peace & safety but its going to be sudden destruction. Their going to use a secret code word or hand signal after getting you to come to a ambush spot, though you would also play along for thrill & excitement of it all that gets the adrenaline pumping.

Then all hell would breaks loose & you better be nimble on your feet. You'll see them reaching into bushes, trees & behind rocks for Bags of flour or eggs to toss at you, some keep the eggs in their pockets, other kids / mercenaries throwing water filled balloons at you from even near by roofs. 

You better duck, dive, sprint & jump the neighbour's fence to survive this battle royale of a birthday & make it home unscaved with your honor intact.

Did they ever catch me? The little cheesy feet  b@$t@rds.

spacer.png

spacer.png

He is really upset 😢 less books=more speed, rookie mistake 101.

Edited by Smurf
  • Haha 2