• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pb76

• Danielle

• rofur

• G37

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only natural that this crew moves to PS4 as the game progresses, we have been a PS3 exclusive crew from day one and we all knew that the next GTA release would be next-gen.

I think it's something which will need to be discussed.

I know everyone won't run out and get a PS4 but I think the majority of this crew will.

I know I'll be on my PS3 untill it dies, and it's the 40 gig fatty. Really undecided if I'll go with the xbone or PS4, though, if/when I move to the next gen. Having the crew to play online with makes the decision more difficult as my daughter really wants those silly dancing games that her friends have with the Kinect.

kQ4fIRp.png

It's only natural that this crew moves to PS4 as the game progresses, we have been a PS3 exclusive crew from day one and we all knew that the next GTA release would be next-gen.

I think it's something which will need to be discussed.

I know everyone won't run out and get a PS4 but I think the majority of this crew will.

My argument is why buy a game which is essentially the same game but on a different console, a console that less than half the crew will own. This will split the crew in two, even though we're all playing the same game (some of us with less pretty graphics admittedly). I'm sure within a year or two we'll mostly all be on ps4 (one or two deserting to PC and eggbox and hopefully we will have gta6, and I'm not saying don't buy a ps4 now (I would if I had a spare £400), I'm just thinking is it worth decimating the crew for slightly better graphics?

My argument is why buy a game which is essentially the same game but on a different console, a console that less than half the crew will own. This will split the crew in two, even though we're all playing the same game (some of us with less pretty graphics admittedly). I'm sure within a year or two we'll mostly all be on ps4 (one or two deserting to PC and eggbox and hopefully we will have gta6, and I'm not saying don't buy a ps4 now (I would if I had a spare £400), I'm just thinking is it worth decimating the crew for slightly better graphics?

Good points.

Over the next few weeks there will be some discussion on how we will progress as a crew on both consoles. Tentative idea will be I will play on both with commishes and LT's dedicated to each console depending on who is making the jump and who isn't.

I get what you are saying PB, I think all do. But regardless some will move "up" to PS4 so as a crew we need to figure that into the grand plan.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

It's workable to have a ps3 faction and a ps4 faction, but in effect it's two separate crews. Similar to trying to run the crew with members on ps3 and xbox1, planning events and challenges would exclude half of the crew straight away. All for a higher frame rate and better draw distance?

It's a clever ploy by r* and sony to get us to part with our cash, buying the same game on a console you weren't going to buy yesterday.

As I've said, I will be moving up, but not until at least v2 of the console, a price drop and the release of a must have game I can't get anywhere else.

I think people have valid points with the announcement. The one most intriguing to me being that we are playing an expensive beta and working out the myriad of glitches we have all experienced for a smooth PS4 release.

alchemist3321.jpg

I think we are crossing bridges we haven't even come to yet. Undeniably they will appear in front of us at some point, but not now. "Fall" is still a long way off and as Hatch and others have pointed out, it's really not worth the worry of deciding what we will do as a crew until that time comes. Especially considering all of the details are far from known yet. HC brought up some valuable concerns about jobs and the like as well.

As for me, I won't buy a PS4 until the end of the year anyway (still 6 months+, that's a long time). I cannot quite recall when the PS4 was initially launched, but I imagine a refresh of the console will be made available some time around the launch of GTA 5 for PS4 anyway, or at the very latest during the holiday season. Hell, there will probably even be another GTA 5 Bundle so I don't see the need to rush and buy a PS4 now or before then either.

On the flipside though, this is an interesting move that in the long run seems like it will extend the longevity of this game as a whole which means more play time down the stretch.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

GTA 5 is coming to PS4 this Autumn.

I'm just wondering how many people of this crew is considering converting to PS4.

If they do as they did in Battlefield, you will pay a small amount if you already have the game on PS3, and you will have the opportunity to transfer you're account with stats and equipment.

So what's the verdict people? Is there an future for PS4 in this crew?

Edited by RO9M

I'm not worried... Danielle said that she'd buy me a ps4 in trade for DBucks!

You guys should jump on this band wagon. Haha.

Joking aside, I'll follow the crew majority or whatever is devised by then.

• Like 1

Sorry, didn't see the other topic, my bad!

Anyway, the PS4 will appear in this livingroom anytime soon :)

And I will probably play it on both platforms if it's possible.

• Like 1

I'm just wondering if they will let people use both platforms?

You probably want be able to play anymore on PS3 after converting :-/

You mean sony comes round and takes your ps3 off you?

When I read that I just imagined two FBI type blokes turning up at your door, ripping your PS3 out from under the tv, throwing it into a matte black bin lorry and driving off!

• Like 3

When I read that I just imagined two FBI type blokes turning up at your door, ripping your PS3 out from under the tv, throwing it into a matte black bin lorry and driving off!

don't you mean FIB?

• Like 2

You mean sony comes round and takes your ps3 off you?

lol you know what I mean :P

But that would be hilarious, best prank ever.

There were so many quality trailers at E3, really excited for a number of games...AC Unity, MGS V, Far Cry 4, Inside, not to mention GTA V...the list is almost endless (although to be honest, I was really excited for Watch Dogs, but watching gameplay walkthrough vids on YT I'm glad I didn't invest in the PS4 just yet). Trailers, the majority of times, make games appear better than they are.

I'm sticking with the PS3 for now until at least Christmas, but will definitely be investing in a PS4 in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That does beg the question..

Myself and the one guy above are going to split off and play PC version.. What will happen then? Will we be booted from the crew? or will we be able to start a sub crew on PC?

Guy above, I am buying pc version because of the modding aspect.. LCPDFR, adding real life cars, the enhanced graphics and such..

Hell GTA III is what got me into doing 3d.. I wanted to add shit into that game..

Edited by Jwitfield