• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pb76

• Danielle

• rofur

• G37

Top Posters In This Topic

Possible. I thought it looked too good and there was a lot more traffic....more life like to what we have here in LA.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not much of a gamer anymore, but love this game/series. I will buy a PS4 and this game again if it comes out.....and they are banking on many others thinking the same.

Cool video. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: Just give me heists!!!!!!

• Like 1

alchemist3321.jpg

Pretty sweet man. I'm fine with following Sony, and GTA, to whatever is next. Hell, just get rid of the lag and server issues and I'd be good

I knew they were gonna make it look even better on PCs (&nextgen), but I'm not switching. I just bought my PS3 for GTA only and would probably need a serious upgrade to be able to run it on my PC at anything better than basic settings.

I'm most likely not buying PS4 either, at least not just for a few more people/cars on the street, animals online (?) and even greater lighting, no matter how awesome it actually looks. I'm still pretty impressed with how everything looks on PS3.

Think that day will come when they release GTA VI.

Edited by zmurko76
  • Like 1

GTA V was the only reason I've held onto my PS3 so I'm gonna make the jump at Christmas.

Exactly same here! 

I had not turned on my PS3 for 1½ years before I bought GTA V

There's several titles I own that are making me hold onto my PS3 probably until the system itself breaks down. One is The Last of Us. Yes, it's coming to PS4 but I'm not one to go out and buy the same game that just looks a little prettier.

GTA 5 for PS4 isn't a title to make me buy a system earlier either. I'll play it on PS3 until it's done even though I do plan to buy the next refresh of the PS4 sometime later this year.

Also considering I mostly play GTA:O this push to next-gen seems like a real rush job and if data does not transfer over (which it wouldn't anyway), there's no way I'd be starting over in something that looks a little better.

But that's just me. This is another poor money grab IMO and comes off as half-ass when focus should have been entirely on one gen or the other.

• Like 3

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

.. I might of spoken too soon.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/714556-gta5-coming-to-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc/

Apparently Sony announced at their press conference regarding Online your stats data/profile can transfer over. 

Shit just got interesting.

Edited by G37

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

This is the one game I was waiting on to go to the new gen.

I was going to get The Last Of Us but about a week before I heard it was coming to PS4 so I waited, same goes for Watchdogs.

I think my original launch PS3 is on it's last legs so by Christmas I will probably need to buy a new console anyway (This is me justifying the purchase of a shiny new PS4!)

I can see how some people feel cheated by R* for not waiting a bit longer and putting GTA V straight onto next gen but I think I've played this game a lot over the last 9 months which is quite good value for £40.  A next gen version was always coming if only to continue GTAO.

I won't be getting a ps4 until November when far cry 4 comes out, I don't think I can wait til Christmas. I will probably get GTA if I don't have to start over online, it would be nice not freezing and dropping out all the time.

• Like 3

I'm not going to rush to judgement. The graphics quality/resolution is undeniably better, but all that footage is most likely taken during SP mode. The PS3 game has more traffic and extra ambient "stuff" in it too. Adding it to online play is a whole other enchilada....

I'll get it just for the better graphics and so that I can move off the PS3, but I wouldn't assume online play is going to have the increased ambient environment content....setting yourself up for disappointment.

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I won't be getting a ps4 until November when far cry 4 comes out, I don't think I can wait til Christmas. I will probably get GTA if I don't have to start over online, it would be nice not freezing and dropping out all the time.

According to R* newswire, stats will transfer over via RSC....of course I'm wanting to know if all my jobs will transfer over too. Also whether or not player populations will be divorced (ps3/ps4). These are two biggies for me.

• Like 1

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I am excited about it and will be buying a PS4 just for this. However, based on the sentence below, it doesn't sound like the current online environment is going to be mixed with the new one. :(

"In addition, the current community of players will have the ability to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to their choice of PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC."

I have a PS4 and never play it because I'm always playing GTA online on the PS3. Not sure if I'd buy a PS4 version of the same game or not unless there are better features, more goodies, etc.

Dunno what I will, I am a spontaneous kind of person

I am concerned about fragmenting the crew. We really didn't want to go PS3/Xbox 360 and now the potential to be PS3/PS4/PC/, throw an Xbox there to if one of us jumps to XB1.

Well cross that path when it comes though

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I'll likely make the jump, was gonna what till the PS4 gen 2. 

I will pick one in a few weeks and mess with it some so I know how to work it when GTA is out for it

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I will always be PlayStation. 

Same here. 

GTA, Arkham Knight, Infamous Second Son, Watchdogs, The Division......

It's gonna be an expensive Christmas and that's just the stuff I want nevermind what the kids want!

• Like 2