I hate Arena Wars

Beez

So I’ve been playing it a bit again since we just had a 2X week and as much as I’ve tried to get into it an take it for what it is, I just can’t. It’s awful. I like the vehicles ( I have 3 now) I think the modes are ok and even the arena is alright. 

Its the bizarre, moon gravity physics that makes me hate it so much. WTF! It’s just awful. You just bump into something and your car goes flipping and floating in slow motion for like 10 seconds! The cars act normal in free roam so it has something to do with the arena. It would have been so much better if the cars had weight and crunched when hitting another car or obstacle but R went the opposite way. 

Min fact the whole update is basically destruction derby but none of the vehicles deform or have parts fall off. A good old Futo destruction derby is far better than this shit. 

Who else feels this way?

• Like 3

Yeah, have to agree. Love the vehicles and the actual arena designs, it’s just the floaty feel. I couldn’t quite put my finger on why it isn’t as good as it should be, but you’ve just hit the nail on the head @Beez

• Thanks 1

I have only played it a couple of times during crew events and did not like it at all. So I treat like I do the majority of modes and pretend it doesn’t exist. 

I tried building something in the arena but there’s so many objects that are fixed in place you spend more time trying to avoid things rather than being creative. 

If you try building higher away from the obstacles you end up running into loads of areas where you can’t build. 

As usual with Rockstar they had a great idea but poorly implemented. 

I think I like the one called....The Monsters are coming, the other ones like the Capture the Flag ones get boring quickly and if you end up in a lobby with an organized crew, good luck winning a single round. Im sure some of the created ones are cool I just havent bothered with searching for them as I dont know anyone that is excited about Arena Wars. I bought the Bruiser just to hit NPCs off of bridges and general chao in free mode and there is where i get my moneys worth. 

The way I make money in GTA these days is with the bunker and nightclub passive income and whatever job is double money at the time.  Except when it is double money arena wars.  I just don't like it either.  Some cool vehicles but the jobs suck.

Edited by pete2581
  • Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Personally, I think they’ve over complicated it. If It was just simply that arena, with those vehicles and the aim being to be the last man standing, it’d probably be a lot more fun.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pb76 said:

Personally, I think they’ve over complicated it. If It was just simply that arena, with those vehicles and the aim being to be the last man standing, it’d probably be a lot more fun.

True. One thing they definitely cocked up in the arena DD modes is that the spectators can spin the wheel (of fortune/misfortune) to access turrets 'n' shit to intervene in the match and wipe contestants out. I've lost a chance to win quite a few times like that. Fucking frustrating. Imagine being one of the last 2 standing, on your way to sweet victory and then someone blows you up with a homing missile or MG turret after they've been eliminated already... WTF!?

Edited by Protocawl
  • Haha 2

I love arena wars. The creator is a problem, and I agree about using regular vehicles. I think they fell short of the mark. I loved rock n roll racing, twisted metal, rogue trip, mad max, etc. The biggest problem I have is that you need several players to make it interesting, and it wasn't very popular after a few weeks. The arena ranking system is pretty lame too. I was hoping they would bring back the bloodring banger.