• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• Dodge

• Pb76

• G37

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice!

Apparently the Grumman hellcats engines were built by Nash, who, with Hudson, became AMC, who were bought by Chrysler....

Edited by Pb76
  • Like 1

I hope one day that an actual performance car can come from the Dodge brand and the good people who work with them.

There is no doubt that this has a monster of an engine and it's straight line speed and power will be incredible but I suspect it's poor cornering abilities will undo all the work that huge engine does.

I read in the article how fast 0-60MPH, quarter mile drag etc, yeah that's impressive but on a real road or a real racetrack with corners and heavy braking zones this car would have a tough job keeping up with a 12 year old Mitsubishi Evo VII.

That's why all the newer American cars are not wanted over here, only the classics are highly sought by the collectors with deep pockets.

The price of this thing is so cheap, doesn't that make Americans wary at all?

If this had cornering abilities which were anywhere near it's brutal power it would probably cost near 100K

Despite my criticisms and how unhappy I am that they refuse to make a real performance car - it looks awesome :)  

I hope one day that an actual performance car can come from the Dodge brand and the good people who work with them.

There is no doubt that this has a monster of an engine and it's straight line speed and power will be incredible but I suspect it's poor cornering abilities will undo all the work that huge engine does.

I read in the article how fast 0-60MPH, quarter mile drag etc, yeah that's impressive but on a real road or a real racetrack with corners and heavy braking zones this car would have a tough job keeping up with a 12 year old Mitsubishi Evo VII.

That's why all the newer American cars are not wanted over here, only the classics are highly sought by the collectors with deep pockets.

The price of this thing is so cheap, doesn't that make Americans wary at all?

If this had cornering abilities which were anywhere near it's brutal power it would probably cost near 100K

Despite my criticisms and how unhappy I am that they refuse to make a real performance car - it looks awesome :)  

I am in total agreement with you DC89. I really wish there would be more emphasis on Chassis and Suspension from the "Pony Car Class". However, I am a huge Mopar fan, and anytime I see a car that can do under 12 seconds in 1/4 mile right out of the box, my inner Redneck comes out.

If there is one thing that American Muscle has that no other manufacturer has, its that sound! The feeling of the Earth trembling as Several hundred horsepower attempts to twist the asphalt off the ground. The deafening roar of 8 oversized pistons thundering hell cry.

(Clears throat) - Murica!

• Like 2

Dodgeservice.png

caliber_1.jpg

This is the piece of junk released in the UK, apparently this is the sport model with a top speed of a mighty 115MPH, 0-60 in a face-melting 8.8 seconds.

All Dodge car releases in the UK have been cancelled due to poor sales, that's a joke surely, I'm surprised they even considered selling this.

Edited by DavidCore89

I am in total agreement with you DC89. I really wish there would be more emphasis on Chassis and Suspension from the "Pony Car Class". However, I am a huge Mopar fan, and anytime I see a car that can do under 12 seconds in 1/4 mile right out of the box, my inner Redneck comes out.

If there is one thing that American Muscle has that no other manufacturer has, its that sound! The feeling of the Earth trembling as Several hundred horsepower attempts to twist the asphalt off the ground. The deafening roar of 8 oversized pistons thundering hell cry.

(Clears throat) - Murica!

I agree, the sound from these engines is second to none, a screaming European engine is not the same.

American muscle cars could be so competitive if they put as much effort in to the rest of the car, like they have with the engine and some other parts.

caliber_1.jpg

This is the piece of junk released in the UK, apparently this is the sport model with a top speed of a mighty 115MPH, 0-60 in a face-melting 8.8 seconds.

All car Dodge car releases in the UK have been cancelled due to poor sales, that's a joke surely, I'm surprised they even considered selling this.

Yea the caliber is just a mess. Amazingly, it had low sales here too! Still waiting on a car to replace the Neon. Nothing yet.

Dodgeservice.png

I agree, the sound from these engines is second to none, a screaming European engine is not the same.

American muscle cars could be so competitive if they put as much effort in to the rest of the car, like they have with the engine and some other parts.

This not to take away from the sound of Euro rides either. Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lambo? All unmistakable sounds. BMW, Porsche, Mercedes all sound good as well. Even the lower end stuff as a good sound to it. VW R32 is a really good sounding, and fun to drive car.

I know we are leaving out the Asian cars here. So to satisfy our Asian car enthusiasts: When it comes to Japanese cars, i prefer the 2JZ or RB26 engine myself. Subaru's Flat 4's are cool too.

Edited by dodgeservice
  • Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

Yea the caliber is just a mess. Amazingly, it had low sales here too! Still waiting on a car to replace the Neon. Nothing yet.

The Neon was never released over here as a Dodge, always Chrysler so we didn't ever get the SRT.

The Chrysler version is so boring, the Dodge Neon SRT would have been much more popular over here but no we get the damn Caliber :lol:.

• Like 1

I actually like the refresh to the front fascia and the Hellcat definitely is a beast, but like DC and Dodge have pointed out that despite that power there are a lot of other concerns.

And for that expected price $55k+, I can think of a few other cars I'd rather spend the money on if I had it. Still bad ass none-the-less though.

However I'm curious what you guys think of the SRT Viper.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

This not to take away from the sound of Euro rides either. Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lambo? All unmistakable sounds. BMW, Porsche, Mercedes all sound good as well. Even the lower end stuff as a good sound to it. VW R32 is a really good sounding, and fun to drive car.

I know we are leaving out the Asian cars here. So to satisfy our Asian car enthusiasts: When it comes to Japanese cars, i prefer the 2JZ or RB26 engine myself. Subaru's Flat 4's are cool too.

I'm a huge Golf R32 fan but my country is big on any quick hot hatch which will probably end up on it's roof at 3AM with your friends crammed insde ;).

I have always been a big fan of the engines from Mazda in the RX-7 and RX-8, awesome power from such a small engine.

I like a Subaru engine, but over here people mod the engine in so many stupid ways until it's not the same car.

I'm a huge Golf R32 fan but my country is big on any quick hot hatch which will probably end up on it's roof at 3AM with your friends crammed insde ;).

I have always been a big fan of the engines from Mazda in the RX-7 and RX-8, awesome power from such a small engine.

I like a Subaru engine, but over here people mod the engine in so many stupid ways until it's not the same car.

I'm definitely jealous though. People in Europe get so many neat models and trims that simply just never make it here to the States. That Golf in particular. I seldom see those but when I do it's awesome. Like I know we will likely never get the upcoming and planned Golf R which is a damn shame because that's one hell of a beast from VW.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I actually like the refresh to the front fascia and the Hellcat definitely is a beast, but like DC and Dodge have pointed out that despite that power there are a lot of other concerns.

And for that expected price $55k+, I can think of a few other cars I'd rather spend the money on if I had it. Still bad ass none-the-less though.

However I'm curious what you guys think of the SRT Viper.

To be honest I think the SRT Viper is useless because it's terrified of corners.

The Viper has had potential since I was a kid, I loved it but in all this time it sucks just as bad as it it did back then because of too much focus on the engine when it's never been slow - it's just sh*t at everything else.

It amazes me that all these cars from the states could be some of the best cars in the world if they only knew that after the manufacturers have built and tested it on an oval track - people are gonna eventually come to a corner at which point the Viper or whatever will be considering killing you :lol:   

• Like 1

I'm definitely jealous though. People in Europe get so many neat models and trims that simply just never make it here to the States. That Golf in particular. I seldom see those but when I do it's awesome. Like I know we will likely never get the upcoming and planned Golf R which is a damn shame because that's one hell of a beast from VW.

Yeah I wish we could all get the best from all of the world regions but the truth is, we probably won't.

I see how popular car tuning is in the states but yet none of our best European tuner cars are even making it over there except the more well known cars, I doubt you guys even get the Ford ST and RS models which are probably the most fun you'll get for the least buck.

The new corvette is good round corners and an ACR viper set a fast time on the nurburgring.

Yeah I saw that too, it looks insane.

There are two different versions of the ACR Viper, one them is a race car and isn't road legal did a very low 7 mins which is very fast, not sure about the one which is road legal.

The only corners American manufacturers are worried about is the easy left hander to keep the speed up. That and whatever slow turn to get you down a drag strip. It is a shame because I have become very fond of road racing.

Edited by dodgeservice
  • Like 1

The only corners American manufacturers are worried about is the easy left hander to keep the speed up. That and whatever slow turn to get you down a drag strip. It is a shame because I have become very fond of road racing.

That's so true.

Im curious to see viper's time around Nurburgring now. Suspension and chassis were tuned by Ferrari. It is supposed to be mich more refined than the old brute it used to be.

Dodgeservice.png

Im gonna have to disagree here. The big 3 have all gotten in bed with Euro manufacturers. GM has started utilizing magnetic suspension in their cars. Almost everything considered muscle here has moved to IRS. I agree woth PB, we are getting hang of it.

Our biggest issue is our weight. We can not, repeat, can not get a sports car under 3500 pounds. Challenger is a porker at 4000 lbs. If we could get our curb weights down, we could be having a different conversation here.

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

Im gonna have to disagree here. The big 3 have all gotten in bed with Euro manufacturers. GM has started utilizing magnetic suspension in their cars. Almost everything considered muscle here has moved to IRS. I agree woth PB, we are getting hang of it.

Our biggest issue is our weight. We can not, repeat, can not get a sports car under 3500 pounds. Challenger is a porker at 4000 lbs. If we could get our curb weights down, we could be having a different conversation here.

That's a lot of weight