Banketelli

New Free Mode Event: Railroad Baron

Ride the rails and capture as many train cars as you can in this traveling variation on King of the Castle. Accept an invite to begin and fight to keep control of the active area on the train car for the longest amount of time over the course of the event to claim victory.

New Showdown Mode: Public Enemy

In this new Showdown Mode, each team has a designated Public Enemy, which rotates regularly among players. Kill the opposing team's Public Enemy to score points but be careful: every kill they make is a point to the other side.

New clothing items:

• Flores Vest
  • Bellerose Hat

New time-limited clothing items:

• Calhoun Boots
  • Racoon Hat
  • Shaffer Chaps

Discounts:

• 35% off all provinsions
  • 25% off all camp upgrades
  • Like 3

Some thoughts on the new modes:

Had high hopes for Railroad Baron until I read that it's just another version of King of the Castle which is terrible and a slippery bastard's dream. It could have been great if it was team based with one team defending the train and the other attacking.

Thankfully, the update also brought what I consider the best mode yet. Public Enemy is a blast. It has some maps in very cool locations and the rules make it pretty tactical. I mean, as tactical it can be when randoms are involved. You only get points by killing the other team's public enemy (3 points) unless you're the public enemy then you get 1 for every kill and 5 for killing the other public enemy. Could be so fucking good with teammates you can communicate with.

Edited by Banketelli

1 minute ago, Banketelli said:

It could have been great if it was team based with one team defended the train and the other attacking.

That sounds like it would be amazing if there was a mode like that. Some of my fave RDR2 moments were on the train.

5 minutes ago, Con said:

That sounds like it would be amazing if there was a mode like that. Some of my fave RDR2 moments were on the train.

Same here. Unfortunately a wasted opportunity. A dead train mode would have be awesome!

Played public enemy this morning.  It is basically Hardest Target in GTA... which happens to be one of my favorite adversary modes! ?

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

I had a go at Railroad baron earlier, and OK this is only based on doing it that once, but for me it's right up there with Slipstream and Tiny Racers in GTA. Could well be the worst game mode R* have made. You are all chasing a train, which as it is going across bridges, through cuttings etc you are all basically forced to stay on or very close to the train tracks. This makes it very, very easy for those behind to shoot those infront. And if getting constantly shot in the back isn't enough you have all the dead bodies and rider-less horses to trip you up as well. The only time I did manage to get on the train there was no proper instructions as to what I had to do to take control. I made my way to the engine, assuming you were meant to drive it, but that wasn't it, or if it was the option to drive the train never popped up. And then the time was up. Score of 0 for me.