The Spotify playlist - add a track or two!

Lann

Bringing this playlist back to life. We all enjoy different stuff. If we all add a new or old favourite track every now and then we will see a interesting collection grow.

Lets keep it one or two tracks each per week, that way we all get new quality to listen to every week?

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/18FoozXR9oFq0IfNGq91gc

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Lann said:

Bringing this playlist back to life. We all enjoy different stuff. If we all add a new or old favourite track every now and then we will see a interesting collection grow.

But maybe @Hatch needs to allow others to add stuff first?

I'll see if I can do that when I get done with my deliveries 

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

43 minutes ago, Lann said:

But maybe @Hatch needs to allow others to add stuff first?

I switched it to a collaborative playlist, I'm not sure if/how to invite someone or if you can just edit it. Test to find out.

I'll add this to the website as well like May's podcast

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Collaborative playlists means anyone in the playlist can add or remove songs.

So we'd need to be honourable and not remove anything someone else added, even if we really hated it or Hatch was the one who added it.

Edit

Aww crap, my Spotify name is like so bad, and can't be changed.

Edited by The_Lady_A
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let me check my posts in the What You Listening... thread and see which of my posts have the most likes and I’ll consider those songs to add. I guess it’s a great time to open a Spotify account. 

Edited by Con

I removed the old ones for a fresh start

13 minutes ago, The_Lady_A said:

Collaborative playlists means anyone in the playlist can add or remove songs.

So we'd need to be honourable and not remove anything someone else added, even if we really hated it or Hatch was the one who added it.

Edit

Aww crap, my Spotify name is like so bad, and can't be changed.

Interesting tune you put there. Added to my library 

7 minutes ago, Hatch said:

Interesting tune you put there. Added to my library 

They're my favourite band, a really cool mixture of rock, goth and synth with a real sense of fun in the macabre! ?

• Like 2

How you want to do this @Lann,2 song limit for everyone and if you want to add another you have to delete one?

On 4/11/2019 at 10:58 PM, Lann said:

I say everyone add a max of one or two songs a week?

Quality over quantity :)

Are we meant to delete our previous songs, or just add to them? My preference is to always keep stuff ( my average playlist is probably about a 1000 songs ?) I can see why it might be kept 'short and sweet'.

• Like 1

So now this happened twice. I first found a old favourite track from the mid/late 90’s, I listen to it and remember how great it is, so I add it. Then i play it again when listening to the playlist, and suddenly it dont feel right at all. I cant relate to the lyrics at all. Never thought about that in the 90’s. Nothing dramatic, just the regular sexual and racial language in 90’s rap.

Just a quick note as why i removed two of my tracks, in case someone noticed.

2 hours ago, Lann said:

So now this happened twice. I first found a old favourite track from the mid/late 90’s, I listen to it and remember how great it is, so I add it. Then i play it again when listening to the playlist, and suddenly it dont feel right at all. I cant relate to the lyrics at all. Never thought about that in the 90’s. Nothing dramatic, just the regular sexual and racial language in 90’s rap.

Just a quick note as why i removed two of my tracks, in case someone noticed.

I know what you mean here, a lot of music that once appealed to me did so for reasons that my older self now cannot stand. It turns out "my parents don't like it" is not in fact reflective of a work's artistic qualities...

• 4 weeks later...

I just added two of my favourite songs:

- It's A Man's, Man's, Man's World by James Brown. 

- Asylum by Supertramp.

To be fair I've a few dozens of favourite songs so I could fill this playlist like a madmen haha. Although I'm nineteen I'm very into music from the 60's, 70's 80's etc. I'm happy I got some great taste from my parents lol. Soon I'll put some more songs into this playlist :)

• Like 4

Was posting in the shoutbox but found the topic now. Added some tracks I like. Am tempted to add another dozen but won't ? 

My Spotify name is "RS24A". I share it with my wife so that explains all the Spanish/Latin songs and playlists. That's totally her thing ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Added two songs that might stay in your head for a couple of days, I'm sorry beforehand if that happens lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, RammsteinDUDE said:

Added two songs that might stay in your head for a couple of days, I'm sorry beforehand if that happens lol.

Added two because your songs made me think of these ?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RammsteinDUDE said:

@LimeGreenLegend, adding ABBA to the playlist is taking a dangerous path haha, Dancing Queen is already on repeat in my head.

I love ABBA, best pop act ever.  Benny and Bjorn are criminally underrated as songwriters.