Joker

LimeGreenLegend

Just saw the first trailer for the upcoming Joker film, and holy shit it looks amazing!  It was gonna take a lot to take Heath Ledger's Joker off of the top of the pile but this looks like it could do it.

I didn't know much about this film apart from the fact that Joaquin Phoenix is playing the joker, which is a good start.  I did some research and the story was hugely inspired by The King of Comedy, one of my favourite films.  Joker also stars Robert DeNiro as a talk show host, which is funny because in The King of Comedy he plays a comedian obsessed with a talk show host.

Anyways, this is now one of my most anticipated films, just from this trailer.

• Like 2

I like JP and like origin stories (when done right), I dont expect anything groundbreaking from what's shown in the trailer, but it looks like I will definitely enjoy the main character's arc. 

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Ghostavelli_ said:

Great film, really nice and alternative view.

No doubt about it. There was one scene where cops get attacked due to them escalating the situation and the movie got a bad rap for that, when the focus should be how people like Arthur Fleck slip through the mental health system. I have to rewatch it so i can properly review it especially after watching The King of Comedy in the site Film Club. Welcome to the site by the way.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Con said:

Welcome to the site by the way.

Thanks, glad to be here.

As far as Joker goes, yeah I agree with you. The story was great, though to me it felt like a snippet/scene more than a traditional plot - but it worked beautifully. 

The darkness kept it going for me - the bathroom dance scene, the apartment murder scene etc. They were all shocking but darkly comedic, which kept me on my toes. 

Edited by Ghostavelli_
  • Like 1