What’s the dumbest thing you believed as a kid?

Pb76

Carrots made your eyes look pretty... maybe that was the "dumbest".

The thing is, even if it doesn´t really make your eyes prettier, it does help when it come to "old age" cellular degeneration, so they do help you, just not the way they tell you they do... :D

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sinister said:

That once I was an adult life would be awesome because I do what I wanted, when I wanted.

I can do whatever I want, when I want to.........................but first I have to divorce. :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Cannabis killing brain cells and decreasing general health.

Used to have a babysitter that used to warn us about dropping Q-tips on the ground cause it was dangerous when they fell. 

I believed that if i sent enough UPC codes and even a sob-story letter to General Mills Corporate that I would win the Disney vacation sweepstakes or any sweepstakes to be honest with you.

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

I grew up in an all white area, nearest minority of any kind was more than 20 miles away. Grew up quite racist and believed if you weren't white you weren't right. Once I got out in the real world that changed pretty quick. Everyone is capable of being decent or a total jackass. 

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Believing I could drive from, Jamaica to Miami, FL. In the mean while, my father worked on a ship that sailed the same route. Got into a heated argument at school over it, until the brain had a?moment. 

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 2

The older a person, the smarter/more intelligent they are. :lol:  That makes me laugh out really loud right now.

That death is horribly bad, the main source of evil and overall the worst thing that could happen to any living being.    LOL

All bad people & deeds will be punished. All good people & deeds will be rewarded.

Humans are the smartest creatures on Earth and mankind can learn from the mistakes of our past.

... but here's my "favourite":

Ultimate life goal has to be to make a fuckload of money to be happy and ditch any interests/hobbies that can't be made into a lot of money easily and safely (anything that's difficult to achieve isn't worth it). Basically, anything that isn't a high-salary executive job or political or desk job is not worth wasting time on and if you don't go to a university, you've failed at life.              ..."Excellent" parenting! ? I know what I'd gladly do to anyone who says that to their children or to anyone else for that matter...

• Like 2

It wasn't something my parents told me. Except for the whole Saint Nicholas story. Including the often discussed, and racially doubtfull, Black Pete.

As a kid I believed that, when I would always do what others wanted (me) to do, I would have friends and, as a result, happiness. That didn't work out well. And it does not turn you in the real you. Finding out who you are, what you want and how you really can be of value to yourself and others is something that isn't limited to childhood by the way....?

End of life lesson...... Next class will be about how to make delicious trunk muffins....

• Like 2

When I was a small kid my Mom told me that if I don't remove splinters asap they will get into my bloodstream and kill me by piercing my heart. 

Each time I got a small splinter in my finger while playing outside I thought I was at the death's door. Don't recommend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Really young:

That everyone around me, like family, turned into bear-monsters when i wasnt around.

Young (10-ish)

That I could travel the world taking care of myself without any support from grown ups.

Teen:

I am invincible.

• Like 2

@omarcomin71 told me when I first heard the hang up “beep beep beep” on a phone that it meant world war 3 had started. It was during the Cold War. I was real young and believed it. I started crying. Fuckin asshole!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

10 hours ago, pete_95973 said:

@omarcomin71 told me when I first heard the hang up “beep beep beep” on a phone that it meant world war 3 had started. It was during the Cold War. I was real young and believed it. I started crying. Fuckin asshole!!

To my defense I quickly told him it wasn’t true.  I didn’t expect his reaction and did feel bad.  

Although it was kind of funny ? 

• Haha 2