Where do you DL your music...

Locust_cnd

Hey DB , as a few of you know I havent had a PC for a while now and I just picked up a new phone with 8gb of empty space to fill.

I dont take many pics or vids so Id like to use alot for music but last time I downloaded I was using Azerus with torrent sites like pirate bay and bit torrent. I had read a while ago that it was being shut down just wondering if anyones got a go to system or spot they can direct me to quickly .

Loc

Future is nothing but a series of probability

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Locust_cnd

• bullittblitz

• DavidCore89

• alchemist3321

Since torrents are prohibited here in Germany, causing you to be fined if caught, I started using Spotify. It works pretty well, and it can also be downloaded for smart phones. That way you can listen to music on the go and you don't use your phone's space.

whats the app called Dodge? i have a music app on my phone but it only lets me pick genres or pre set playlists and it plays songs random i cant pick and chose what i wanna play when i wanna play it

can anyone explain a bit more on the youtube to mp3 converter? ive heard about it but never tried is it easy enough?

i already googled it and found a website that does it but it only converted the first 7 seconds, id like someone to point me to a safe link or download so im not guessing these kinds of programs and saturated with malware and adware virus' you never know what your downloading....

no point in me making a thread if everyones like "do this just google it" ive already done the googling and came here for a safe direction on which to use

whats the app called Dodge? i have a music app on my phone but it only lets me pick genres or pre set playlists and it plays songs random i cant pick and chose what i wanna play when i wanna play it

can anyone explain a bit more on the youtube to mp3 converter? ive heard about it but never tried is it easy enough?

Right now Im using Music Maniac. It's ok. Ive gotten some random songs that werent what I wanted once or twice, but not too bad.

Dodgeservice.png

i already googled it and found a website that does it but it only converted the first 7 seconds, id like someone to point me to a safe link or download so im not guessing these kinds of programs and saturated with malware and adware virus' you never know what your downloading....

no point in me making a thread if everyones like "do this just google it" ive already done the googling and came here for a safe direction on which to use

My bad...I am at work on my phone and not sure which one I use.

If you are looking for more than just music, I have some invites to a private torrent site.  

There's perks & downsides to private trackers, no viruses, no copy right infringement notices sent to your ISP, always up to date, fast DL's.. but the biggest downside is you have to keep a positive upload / download ratio.  So for every 1GB you download, you have to seed 1GB, or you can use points (and a few other options, but its too in depth to get into ATM).  Personally I've never had an issue keeping my ratio 1:1 and I've downloaded 866GB from IPT so far.

If it's just music then stick to one of the YT rippers, it's fast and easy to use.

Since torrents are prohibited here in Germany, causing you to be fined if caught, I started using Spotify. It works pretty well, and it can also be downloaded for smart phones. That way you can listen to music on the go and you don't use your phone's space.

Agreed, depending on what you want to listen to, downloading is way more hassle than it is worth with all the really cheap internet radio stations. Some of them have damn good libraries too.

Edited by handcuff_charlie

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Lol rips are probably the lowest quality audio files around, I could never listen those 90kbps rips because it just sounds terrible, the hours of work by the producer is instantly undone.

Even converting it to 320kbps won't work as it's been compressed too much by that point.

For the full quality of the track you want 320kbps or WAV, both you'll never find on Youtube.

Personally I don't support illegal downloads, file sharing and copyright infringements, I believe the artists involved deserve to be paid for their hours of work and thousands of pounds / dollars of equipment, downloading the work for free is basically stealing.

If those were my tracks or property of a company I'm involved with I'd be pissed but I do have strong views on the subject.

I'm happy that all file sharing and torrent sites are actually blocked by my ISP, they were recently sued a hefty amount.

I buy all of my tracks I use for my DJ'ing for the reasons mentioned, bought well over 1500, from £0.79 to £1.99 each.

Girlfriend has Spotify account, pretty much just use hers. Used to use MP3 Hamster from my phone to download music for my phone.

Might start trying the Youtube converter.

alchemist3321.jpg

Lol rips are probably the lowest quality audio files around, I could never listen those 90kbps rips because it just sounds terrible, the hours of work by the producer is instantly undone.

Even converting it to 320kbps won't work as it's been compressed too much by that point.

For the full quality of the track you want 320kbps or WAV, both you'll never find on Youtube.

Personally I don't support illegal downloads, file sharing and copyright infringements, I believe the artists involved deserve to be paid for their hours of work and thousands of pounds / dollars of equipment, downloading the work for free is basically stealing.

If those were my tracks or property of a company I'm involved with I'd be pissed but I do have strong views on the subject.

I'm happy that all file sharing and torrent sites are actually blocked by my ISP, they were recently sued a hefty amount.

I buy all of my tracks I use for my DJ'ing for the reasons mentioned, bought well over 1500, from £0.79 to £1.99 each.

I understand and agree with you fully DC as i used to play in a band and know that the artists is the last person getting paid on the spectrum and half the time they dont even get paid.

Problem is where the fuck do you buy a cd from these days? I walked into best buy , wal mart and future shop for them all to have only small shelf with maybe 200 cds of literally every genre possible so you can imagine what i was looking for wasnt there.

I dont like that now if i wanna buy and album im buying a recording I dont even get a hard copy anymore i just pay for some mp3s i can carry around on an itunes account I dont want? its frustrating .

Edited by Locust_cnd

im the same way rev LOL im from the days of Napster and Kazaa fuck i even remember DLing music from mIRC back in the day

• Like 1

I google the name of the music and after that i type mp3 or zippy, zippyshare. I find a lot of 320kbps tracks.

I also know an a-w-e-s-o-m-e website with tons of high quality hip hop albums. Mostly old school 80's and 90's but it also has modern. Only 320kbps or 192kbps. But you would need a pc though...

But yeah, you can download in Zippyshare with mobile phone