Fishing Holes

pete_95973

@zztop911 can you maybe post a video of you picking up those fish? And do it in here so it does not get lost in the shoutbox?  I went there and found them all but I could only pick up one.  There were a half dozen there that I could see but the game would not give me the pick up animation option beyond one time.  Is there a certain spot in the falls it worked best for you?

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zztop911

• Lann

• pete_95973

• Sinister

12 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Here's where I've been catching salmon:

jkf137.jpg

Get 10 in a short space of time with river lure.

Haven't tried with bait.

Also works fine with worm bait. Just have to be a bit more careful finding where the salmon are using eagle eye

Killer fishing spot close to the butcher in Blackwater. Just south of the butcher at the narrow jetty still in town. Just look for fish sign.  Can pick up some fish easily or just fish. Very quick turnaeround.

Do use if you find yourself on a solo lobby!

• Like 3

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 3 weeks later...

There are 6 northern pike that are spawned here, I have been getting 2 at a time with a stolen horse in tow but I can’t find a way to get a wagon to use there. It would be profitable if you could since they sell for $8 a fish and is 30 second ride to Valentine butcher shop. I have been using the special river lure.

9r514w.jpg

b3jse0.jpg

Edited by Burgermauger
  • Like 2

Thanks @Burgermauger

As a level 26 I caved in a payed gold for a river lure. Went to try just as the small river from the (fishing) waterfall reached the main river. Immediately got two 9kg pikes. A bit far from a butcher.

DvwBrZ1WkAABxaO.jpg

Great fishing and Hideout spot! Sockeye and other small fish. Use river lure to only get sockeye and Special Spinner for all. Two people can fish it.

I start there and then go to hunt above St Denis for an east $90 - $100+ run at the butcher.

2 hide outs are very close.

OjyUh3v.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

I have searched with no luck, does anyone know or have a list of all the fishes that can be stored in your satchel? That along with good spots for those fishes would be very useful.

There are only 15 different fish and most of them go into the satchel. Bluegill, Smallmouth Bass, Pickerels, Bullhead Catfish, Salmon, etc.

The Pike, Sturgeon, Channel Catfish have to be carried on Horse. I think the Muskie and Steelhead Trout have to be as well.

The lake near Strawberry and the river area NW of Valentine as well as SW are great areas.

@zztop911 is our most knowledgeable Fisherman so he can be of more assistance in locations. Just going fishing with him for an hour helped me a lot.

Edited by SINISTER120

I think this is correct, let me know if i missed something.

Stores in Satchel:

Bluegill

Bullhead Catfish

Chain Pickerel

Largemouth Bass

Perch

Redfin Pickerel

Rock Bass

Smallmouth Bass

Sockeye Salmon

Steelhead Trout

Too big for Satchel:

Channel Catfish

Lake Sturgeon

Longnose Gar

Muskie

Northern Pike

Pike spot NW of Valentine also has Sockeye, Bluegill, Perch and Pickerel. Went up there with a stolen horse and filled my satchel for a very nice return :)

• Like 1

LMMFAO!!! JUST TOO FUNNY!

PICKING UP FISH!

Just smallmouth in a place no one fishes. Kill a deer or any animal you can put on horse, don't skin. Go to the spot on the map. Place animal just north of dark block. Pull out rod n reel, face up stream and toss lure out...short. Wait about a min. Hit eagle eye then put away tackle and walk up stream and pick up fish. Get max at 10 very quickly or get 10 poor also by shooting or kicking. Pick up deer and Sell all in Rhodes. Over $30 in less than 10 min round trip, depending on what deer or animal used as bait.

JZEfrsV.jpg

• Like 3

Because Fat Buds Matter!

4 hours ago, zztop911 said:

PICKING UP FISH!

Just smallmouth in a place no one fishes. Kill a deer or any animal you can put on horse, don't skin. Go to the spot on the map. Place animal just north of dark block. Pull out rod n reel, face up stream and toss lure out...short. Wait about a min. Hit eagle eye then put away tackle and walk up stream and pick up fish. Get max at 10 very quickly or get 10 poor also by shooting or kicking. Pick up deer and Sell all in Rhodes. Over $30 in less than 10 min round trip, depending on what deer or animal used as bait.

JZEfrsV.jpg

Works better with two people

Because Fat Buds Matter!

How do you cook large fish at a fire? Whether it’s on my horse or laying on the ground next to the fire it doesn’t give me the option to cook. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

7 hours ago, pete_95973 said:

How do you cook large fish at a fire? Whether it’s on my horse or laying on the ground next to the fire it doesn’t give me the option to cook. 

Good question, I have wondered about that but then just sold them instead. I may be getting this mixed up with something else but I think I did manage to get the option to break up a big fish (same as you do for all fish to cook them) but it just did nothing; the big fish just remained whole so there was nothing to cook.

13 hours ago, pete_95973 said:

I recall seing a option to ”chop up or prepare” the big fish when browsing the satchel, it was another word but i think it would create pieces to cook.

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2018 at 9:12 AM, zztop911 said:

Killer fishing spot close to the butcher in Blackwater. Just south of the butcher at the narrow jetty still in town. Just look for fish sign.  Can pick up some fish easily or just fish. Very quick turnaeround.

Do use if you find yourself on a solo lobby!

It seems they un-nerfed this fishing spot with the last update. I caught 7 fish @ $7.25 in less than 10 min today. Good return if no one is in the area.

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

On 1/8/2019 at 3:01 PM, zztop911 said:

PICKING UP FISH!

JZEfrsV.jpg

Still works!  $32 of steelhead in 10 min round trip and can be supplemented with the deer you use.....mainly to catch the fish from flowing downstream.

$32 comes from 10 3*...10 1* by stomping them and 10 broken down.

Because Fat Buds Matter!