Combat Guide (Aim Settings, Weapons & Tips)

Banketelli

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banketelli

• pete_95973

• Wulfherth

• DavidCore89

I'm pleasantly surprised. The quick fire rate made a lot of difference in the chaos that is Most Wanted. Though the fall in accuracy when used to the Bolt is very noticeably. From close to around mid-range it's fine for headshots but further out the difference is big. I'd say it depends a lot on the map/combat mode. Missed the Bolt a lot while playing Hostile Territory. But I definitely underrated the repeaters!

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 1

FYI Your aim sways and is horrible if your deadeye core is in the red. Thankfully i always kept my cores full but i just learned this today.

• Like 3

I’ll try the Lancaster. Lately I’ve been on the varmint bandwagon. 

Yesterday was a good day for me too. Won three most wanted and had some high kill counts in shootouts. 

I have also added wraps and feel like I am cleaning my weapons less. 

Edited by pete_95973
  • Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Might try this setup out so I'm covered from both long, mid and close range.

Bolt, Lancaster and duel wielding Sawed-Off Shotguns.

Edited by Banketelli

Thats the set up that works for me. Haven't found a situation i couldn't deal with.

I also found a free aim setting that works for me. I wish we could have separate settings for free roam and pvp. 

Slow And Steady (headshots don't kill you outright) + Never Without One (the hat one) are a waaay too deadly combo when fully upgraded. Just got my ass handed to me in a free roam battle. Already got all cards done but I might need to make a few changes. At least, gotta have them ready in case.

Edited by Banketelli

1 hour ago, Sinister said:

Read on gtaf that with the proper card setup you are basically invincible. 

Yeah there is some ability set up that even prevents you from being killed if you get shot in the head and to insult us further, it also increases their health. I have been asking myself, is it even worth trying to get real good at combat in this game when at some point no one is gonna die from the thing I rely on to get kills....the headshot? 

3 hours ago, Sinister said:

Read on gtaf that with the proper card setup you are basically invincible. 

I've upgraded a few to tier 3, still don't really notice any benefits.

Edited by DavidCore89

• 1 month later...

Just got the second holster yesterday, not sure what should I do (short on cash so I would rather buy smart).

1) the min-max option or get a second sawed-off

> pros: 

- being able to shoot 4 shells at an incredible fire rate is super deadly, one of the best (if not the best) CQC shotgun option out there for now

- being able to quickly flick upwards on the weapon wheel when in hectic CQC is super convenient, rather than accidentally selecting something else (but I guess that goes away with muscle memory)

- the 5 times cheaper option of the two

> cons:

- I very rarely use shotguns, basically for 1v1 situations in CQC while pvping; you don't really need more than those 2 shots with auto aim

2) the ready for anything option get a single semi-auto pistol

> pros

- you don't see people using pistols/revolvers in pvp while a semi-auto is way faster than repeaters in the close-to-mid range with pulling headshots or following up if you missed the first time, and if you flick aim button but carry on spamming from the hip they are ridiculously deadly if in CQC

- if you have a sawed-off, a pistol, a repeater and a sniper rifle (or a scoped bolt action) you're basically ready for any engagement and don't have to switch loadout

> cons

- the 5 times more expensive option

- switching from a pistol to repeater all the time when running around town might get you killed too!

20 hours ago, AlCohonez said:

Just got the second holster yesterday, not sure what should I do (short on cash so I would rather buy smart).

1) the min-max option or get a second sawed-off

> pros: 

- being able to shoot 4 shells at an incredible fire rate is super deadly, one of the best (if not the best) CQC shotgun option out there for now

- being able to quickly flick upwards on the weapon wheel when in hectic CQC is super convenient, rather than accidentally selecting something else (but I guess that goes away with muscle memory)

- the 5 times cheaper option of the two

> cons:

- I very rarely use shotguns, basically for 1v1 situations in CQC while pvping; you don't really need more than those 2 shots with auto aim

2) the ready for anything option get a single semi-auto pistol

> pros

- you don't see people using pistols/revolvers in pvp while a semi-auto is way faster than repeaters in the close-to-mid range with pulling headshots or following up if you missed the first time, and if you flick aim button but carry on spamming from the hip they are ridiculously deadly if in CQC

- if you have a sawed-off, a pistol, a repeater and a sniper rifle (or a scoped bolt action) you're basically ready for any engagement and don't have to switch loadout

> cons

- the 5 times more expensive option

- switching from a pistol to repeater all the time when running around town might get you killed too!

I'd go for the second sawed-off. In ideal situations 2 slugs are plenty but often that's not the case.

Usually I run with the semi-auto pistol and a sawed-off but that's only for cosmetic reasons since the side of sawed-off goes through the off-hand holster. When I get into combat I switch to the second sawed-off.

Also, if you buy that and are not pleased with it, at least you won't have wasted a lot of money.

Edited by Banketelli

While very devastating, double sawed offs are for very short range and very close contact. I seldom get in those situations.

I roll with double Mausers.

Edited by zztop911

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

15 hours ago, Banketelli said:

Also, you you buy that and are not pleased with it, at least you won't have wasted a lot of money.

That's a good point. I was trying to look into weapon comparisons this but there's little quality info, people rarely compare fully upgraded guns and the in-game weapon stats don't include the most important one for me - the reticle bloom reset speed.

So I guess I'll just upgrade my trusty cattleman for now and see how I feel about the sawed off/revolver/repeater combo or If I want to double wield in the future and invest in my ability cards first. Thanks for advice guys!

Edited by AlCohonez

37 minutes ago, AlCohonez said:

That's a good point. I was trying to look into weapon comparisons this but there's little quality info, people rarely compare fully upgraded guns and the in-game weapon stats don't include the most important one for me - the reticle bloom reset speed.

So I guess I'll just upgrade my trusty cattleman for now and see how I feel about the sawed off/revolver/repeater combo or If I want to double wield in the future and invest in my ability cards first. Thanks for advice guys!

If interested, I can record a video so you can see the reticle bloom reset speed of a fully upgraded semi-auto pistol.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Updated this with some of the new weapon additions. Spoiler, only the LeMat is worth it. Also made a few edits as they have been some nerfs and I have learned a thing or two over the past 6 months.

Edited by Banketelli
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@Banketelli Could you post your ability card load out recommendations here in light of the changes to some of the cards and the new ones added.

I know there are different scenarios too where different cards make more sense.  Maybe you can recommend cards for three different scenarios?

1. PVP in free roam or showdown series

2. Free roam defensive, when you want to mind your own business in free roam but need to be ready to fight and defend yourself

3. PVE, taking on NPCs in missions and jobs

• Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

3 hours ago, pete_95973 said:

@Banketelli Could you post your ability card load out recommendations here in light of the changes to some of the cards and the new ones added.

I know there are different scenarios too where different cards make more sense.  Maybe you can recommend cards for three different scenarios?

1. PVP in free roam or showdown series

2. Free roam defensive, when you want to mind your own business in free roam but need to be ready to fight and defend yourself

3. PVE, taking on NPCs in missions and jobs

Sure thing. :)

The one I'd recommend for PVP is the one that I'm always riding with:

• Slow and Steady - Despite it being nerfed quite a bit it can get you out of some though situations.
  • The Unblinking Eye - Dead Eye runs out way to fast without it.
  • Winning Streak - Extra damage is always nice to have.
  • Never Without One - Also been nerfed but can still save you from a lot of headshots.

I'd say it's works quite well for self-defense in free roam as well as it has the two best cards for when jumped in Slow and Steady and Never Without One, combined with Winning Streak to punch back hard and then you can exchange The Unblinking Eye for Necessity Breeds to punch even harder.

I've never thought about a PVE load-out before and after having a look at the cards, I really can't come up with anything I'd use over my current load-out. It has a good balance to it and let's be honest, PVE is pretty easy so I'd wouldn't really bother changing load-out for that.

When all that is said, really, it depends on play style and finding cards that match each other. My load-out is pretty much down the middle as I like to do a bit of everything. Others specialize. Like Paint It Black is a really good card for long range, pair it with the new card Sharpshooter and you'll be deadly. Slippery Bastard had quite the nerf but is still very effective up close, especially paired with The Short Game. A lot of players like to use dual wielding and they just received the perfect card in Gunslinger's Choice. It all depends on how you like to play. But one thing's for certain; don't waste space on any of recover cards that focus on health, they work too slow, just use a tonic.

I've one last scenario; hunting. I rarely change up my load-up but sometimes when I go all-in on hunting, this is the one I use:

• Paint It Black - Is especially good for bird shooting.
  • Horseman - Since most hunting is done on horseback.
  • Landon's Patience - As there often can go more than 15 seconds between kills.
  • Peak Condition - Has to be said that I'm not sure if this one has been changed. It gives you extra damage depending on your stamina level so it used to be a great card for when on horseback as you always had full stamina. But I wouldn't be surprised if that has been changed so the horses stamina level also counts towards it.
Edited by Banketelli
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Banketelli said:

Sure thing. :)

The one I'd recommend for PVP is the one that I'm always riding with:

• Slow and Steady - Despite it being nerfed quite a bit it can get you out of some though situations.
  • The Unblinking Eye - Dead Eye runs out way to fast without it.
  • Winning Streak - Extra damage is always nice to have.
  • Never Without One - Also been nerfed but can still save you from a lot of headshots.

I'd say it's works quite well for self-defense in free roam as well as it has the two best cards for when jumped in Slow and Steady and Never Without One, combined with Winning Streak to punch back hard and then you can exchange The Unblinking Eye for Necessity Breeds to punch even harder.

I've never thought about a PVE load-out before and after having a look at the cards, I really can't come up with anything I'd use over my current load-out. It has a good balance to it and let's be honest, PVE is pretty easy so I'd wouldn't really bother changing load-out for that.

When all that is said, really, it depends on play style and finding cards that match each other. My load-out is pretty much down the middle as I like to do a bit of everything. Others specialize. Like Paint It Black is a really good card for long range, pair it with the new card Sharpshooter and you'll be deadly. Slippery Bastard had quite the nerf but is still very effective up close, especially paired with The Short Game. A lot of players like to use dual wielding and they just received the perfect card in Gunslinger's Choice. It all depends on how you like to play. But one thing's for certain; don't waste space on any of recover cards that focus on health, they work too slow, just use a tonic.

I've one last scenario; hunting. I rarely change up my load-up but sometimes when I go all-in on hunting, this is the one I use:

• Paint It Black - Is especially good for bird shooting.
  • Horseman - Since most hunting is done on horseback.
  • Landon's Patience - As there often can go more than 15 seconds between kills.
  • Peak Condition - Has to be said that I'm not sure if this one has been changed. It gives you extra damage depending on your stamina level so it used to be a great card for when on horseback as you always had full stamina. But I wouldn't be surprised if that has been changed so the horses stamina level also counts towards it.

Wow I had three of the four you had so not bad. What do you think about eye for an eye in comparison of unblinking eye. I have both fully upgraded 

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

8 hours ago, pete_95973 said:

Wow I had three of the four you had so not bad. What do you think about eye for an eye in comparison of unblinking eye. I have both fully upgraded 

Deadly minds think alike!?

I intially used Eye for an Eye but have found Unblinking Eye to be better as it slows down the dead eye drain instead of being dependent on headshot. 

• Like 1