Beware your gold!

The_Lady_A

Buying items ahead of time using gold does not seem to unlock the item for good. If you are buying a consumable the cost is that much gold for each consumable. Things that were permanent in single player may not be in online. Fishing lures are now consumables.

My rather unhappy message to R* for those interested:

"There is a major issue with the fishing lures. I spent 1 Gold to unlock the Lake Lure early. The lure was lost when a fish snapped the line. This was a complete departure from fishing in single player where the lures were permanent items. Nothing in game made me aware that lures were now consumable items which could be lost. I went to buy a replacement, and the lure was still locked behind a 1 Gold paywall. This is not acceptable, gold is already scarce beyond belief and if this was not a bug then it is a con. I would like that 1 Gold refunded please. And you need to make it clear firstly that lures are consumables which can be lost; and secondly that spending gold to obtain something ahead of time only provides one of those items and doesn't actually unlock it. As it stands it's misleading to the point of being outright fraud."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Fuck me i spent 5 of my 6 bars on lures, yes i mean the special ones....

Ill try playing it safe. although as i type this i have my character fishing without griping the reel ?

1 minute ago, Wulfherth said:

How'd you get 6 bars O.O

oh, uh well. I couldnt get the right face for my character, and im pretty picky about those things.. so i deleted my character and started over.......... twice..

The sorta kickass bug i discovered in doing this is that I kept my cash and gold each time i started over. I did the story missions for the third (and last) time now, so i got paid thrice!

• 2 months later...

You can make up to 0.16 goal nuggets doing the Story Mission 'If the hat fits.' It's the 3rd Story Mission, just make sure 13 minutes runs off before delivering the body.

• Like 1