General tips/tricks/suggestions/warnings/questions for RDR2O

pete_95973

Share here what you have learned.  Share race tips, combat tips, moneymaking tips, cool places you have discovered on the map, or mistakes you have made to save others a headache...whatever it may be. Also, do you have a question for the crew or need advice, leave it here!  I think we should have a central general thread like this.

Edited by pete_95973
  • Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Don't buy stuff using the catalog and then leave the session you are in before grabbing your stuff from the lockbox, they will disappear. I joined a free roam event and came back to nothing in my lockbox :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Con said:

How concerned should I be about the post-beta stat reset rumors, does anyone have experience with this and is it that big of a deal?

It's not a rumour, it was an official warning/caution from R* and they said if it happens, it happens DURING the beta, not after. Overall I'd say you shouldn't be too worried, just worth keeping in mind not to sink too much time and effort into the game while it's in BETA, 'cause there's always a small chance that a reset could happen. However, the reset will only happen if something goes catastrophically wrong, so it's much more likely that a reset will never happen.

Personally I'm taking it quite slow during the beta, partly because of the potential progress/stat wipe, but mainly because the Online game is far from complete as is and most of the stuff that I expect was meant to be in the game hasn't been added yet, so it can't keep me interested enough in this state to play too much.

Edited by Protocawl
  • Like 1

The in-game economy is catastrophically wrong. I'm kinda hoping it's corrected and reset. If not, hunting endlessly won't possibly hold my attention very long. 

Found a free saddle in the stables today, under special saddles, called the alligator ranch something or other. Gives better stats on horse core drain rates and regen too. ?

• Like 3

Apparently if you pull out your knife while being lasso'd the line gets cut. Not if you're already hog-tied but just lasso'd.

• Like 2

Should be a free Chestnut Arabian in the Superior section at the stable.

With a few stirrup upgrades it's quite fast, won more races than lost.

Cost $100 to get a stable slot though.

• Like 1

Goods ordered by catalogue can stack well beyond what you can carry, and you will only take enough of the item to reach your max capacity. This is especially useful for ammunition as there is no wastage, and means you can top up on everything at once rather than just things that are closer to the quantities sold in stores. For a full load of 4-5 weapons it'll save a couple of dollars a time.

Also if looking for the treasure from a map the old fashioned way, take the opportunity to hunt and gather herbs at the same time. You have to be in eagle eye anyway and it will help break up the frustration of searching for the elusive yellow sparks.

• Like 2

lJVgvTR.jpg

I managed to go hunting with a wagon, you need one with a back so the pelts don't slide out, this one was a little too small. You must stay on the wagon while shooting so you don't spook the horse and use your own horse to carry the pelt over to something you can climb on and drop the pelt into the wagon. I have two pelts and a whole doe in here :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Want to find a bunch of hideouts? Just get on the train and make the loop around the map. Hideouts will pop up almost on cue in the various areas that are close to the track, which there are quite a few of them.

The train is pretty easily defensible with 3 people. blow the whistle to attract people in the surrounding areas of the train tracks. It works surprisingly well! ??

There is an achievement of killing animals from the train.

There is also an achievement for clearing 4 or 5 hideouts in a day.

• Like 4

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

understand that you are not able to join the posse invited by your friend. I would suggest you to please try these steps:

Steps:
  1. Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller
  2. Select Turn Off PS4
  3. Let the PlayStation 4 fully power down and wait at least 30 seconds
  4. Restart the PlayStation 4
  5. Hold L1 + R1 while booting up the game

Once done, please try to join it. If you still get any error. Please make these changes and try to join his posse:

PlayStation 4:
Go to "Settings".
Go to "Network".
Go to "Set Up Internet Connection"
Select Wifi/LAN depending on what you use to connect.
Select "Custom".
IP Address Settings = Automatic
DHCP Host Name = Do Not Specify
DNS Settings = Manual
Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8 nah using 1.1.1.1
Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4     1.0.0.1
MTU Settings: Automatic
Proxy Server: Do Not Use

Hope this information is helpful. 

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Locking this thread. I went through it and was able to split 4 new topics from it. We would be better suited to have individual topics as opposed to one mega thread covering all. 

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081: