About your horse

Lann

I am sure we will soon be trying to figure out how to get the best use out of the horse, and learn each horse strength and weakness.

But for now I only have two questions. Can my horse die permanent without a insurance? And do I pay if i kill someone elses horse?

Edit, found this:

kqVuVJ1.png

Edited by Lann

"Thank you for calling Horse Mutual, how may I help you?" 

I believe the insurance makes it so you dont have to pay the vet bills and can just pick the animal up. So ive heard. 

Edited by Con
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think you still pay vet bills with insurance, the insurance just makes sure you horse has full cores when you get it back.

Edited by Wulfherth
  • Thanks 1

When others kill my horse, the pop-up says that the vet bills have been paid for (assuming by those that killed it). I have to wait awhile for it to 'resurrect', maybe horse insurance allows you to whistle for it immediately (not sure, don't have insurance). I did notice that after griefers killed more horse for the giggles, I lost my bonding level with it. That shouldn't be a thing. 

CDpIRad.jpg

I purchased a second spot in a stable and got that free Arabian horse. I now got the black Thouroughbred racehorse (Phoenix) and a chestnut Arabian (Stinger GT). I dont know why the Arabian was free so i figured i get it in case its not free later. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/30/2018 at 7:13 AM, Lann said:

@Hatch you mind sharing what kind of horses you got and why?

U2B0gmm.jpg

Thats right, I am stalking you and your barn!

My thought when I got the trophy was "somebody gonna see this and wondering what I have in the barn" (no exaggeration).

All my horses are females (for the lonely cold nights in the barn)

Thourghbred (Race)(named George Thorogood) - this is the Special Edition horse, so it was free and its stats are great. However it does get scared easy and throw me off. I only use it for racing.

Shire (Draft)(named Frodo) - I bought this only because it is the biggest horse ( @Dodge can confirm it is huge). But it is now the one I use the most, sure it's slow but I mostly hunt so I am not in a hurry anyway. It also does give a height advantage when hunting in bushes and whatnot and also bitches if you ride next to an alligator but has never throwen me because of it.

Hungarian Halfbreed (War)(named Starvin Oreo) - bought as an experiment to see if it was skiddish for hunting. It's a good horse for hunting, some height and doesn't get jumpy when shooting and near predators. I keep a cheap saddle on it so if my Shire goes down this is my backup horse.

Mustang (Multi)(named Ford) - this is more of a joke on me. I am a Chevrolet fan and always say  I will never own "a fucking Mustang (the car)". Well, now I have a Mustang. I just got it yesterday and have not tried it out yet.

Morgan (Riding)(named POS) - only bought to get the trophy and buckle. $50 to get it. It will be replaced by one of the expensive Arabians or Fox Trotters  when I get them unlocked.

I had the free Arabian, didn't like it, it is way to temperamental

• Like 4

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I think everytime I play this game I tried to shoot my Arabian horse. In the 1st RDR that's the one thing I miss the most, blowing my horse's head off with the explosive rifle. This is good post as I need a horse that will not throw me easily. Hopefully the blow your horses head off feature will come soon.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hatch said:

My thought when I got the trophy was "somebody gonna see this and wondering what I have in the barn" (no exaggeration).

All my horses are females (for the lonely cold nights in the barn)

Thourghbred (Race)(named George Thorogood) - this is the Special Edition horse, so it was free and its stats are great. However it does get scared easy and throw me off. I only use it for racing.

Shire (Draft)(named Frodo) - I bought this only because it is the biggest horse ( @Dodge can confirm it is huge). But it is now the one I use the most, sure it's slow but I mostly hunt so I am not in a hurry anyway. It also does give a height advantage when hunting in bushes and whatnot and also bitches if you ride next to an alligator but has never throwen me because of it.

Hungarian Halfbreed (War)(named Starvin Oreo) - bought as an experiment to see if it was skiddish for hunting. It's a good horse for hunting, some height and doesn't get jumpy when shooting and near predators. I keep a cheap saddle on it so if my Shire goes down this is my backup horse.

Mustang (Multi)(named Ford) - this is more of a joke on me. I am a Chevrolet fan and always say  I will never own "a fucking Mustang (the car)". Well, now I have a Mustang. I just got it yesterday and have not tried it out yet.

Morgan (Riding)(named POS) - only bought to get the trophy and buckle. $50 to get it. It will be replaced by one of the expensive Arabians when I get them unlocked.

I had the free Arabian, didn't like it, it is way to temperamental

I'm usually not one to say anything about the size of @Hatch's "horse", but yeah, its huge. 

Edited by Dodge
  • Haha 1

Dodgeservice.png

Wish they were some stats for bravery. Bought a Turkoman after reading some comments on GTAF building it up to be this zero fucks given monster, but I honestly can't tell the difference between it and the Thoroughbred I had before, and that's a skittish fucker. And yes, bonding is maxed out. Unfortunately, I didn't have a Turkoman in story mode to compare with.

I went & bought a Draft Belgian Blonde Chestnut. It's slow but doesn't scare easily, I had him at about 10 feet from the alligator & he did give me time to run before throwing me off. 

Update update January 5th. I don't have to feed my horse much maybe once or twice a day on Long journeys, and the heavy handling feels better.I guess there's only one thing left to upgrade and that would be the Tack.

$2.25 stable fee for my 3 horses.

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 1

Just now, Con said:

@Hatch so i just learned you own five horses, my question is, do you pay for two stables slots or five ?

You have to buy the 5 slots, each gets more expensive as you go. But you only have to pay a stable fee if their is a horse in the slot

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

2 minutes ago, Hatch said:

You have to buy the 5 slots, each gets more expensive as you go. But you only have to pay a stable fee if their is a horse in the slot

So you can own 5 horses but have the ability to just keep one in the stable for instant use. That seems pretty damn cool. I will do some horse research now as I think I want a new horse. 

1 minute ago, Con said:

So you can own 5 horses but have the ability to just keep one in the stable for instant use. That seems pretty damn cool. I will do some horse research now as I think I want a new horse. 

Yeah, you can have 5 at time, the one you are on plus 4 more in the stable. Put a saddle on one or two of the ones in the stable and if your primary horse dies you can whistle and one of your saddled horses from the stable will come running

2 minutes ago, Hatch said:

Yeah, you can have 5 at time, the one you are on plus 4 more in the stable. Put a saddle on one or two of the ones in the stable and if your primary horse dies you can whistle and one of your saddled horses from the stable will come running

Doesnt sound  bad for $1.50 a day.