PS3 after market controllers

I got a PS3 control made by powerA and the model is pro elite. The right analog stick sticks at times and the trigger springs are too stiff, but mainly I wanted a 360 reverse analog sticks on it, I was wondering if there is anything better offeredout there than the precise Sony original one?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smurf

• DavidCore89

• JustHatched

• Dodge

Official Sony Dualshock 3 sixaxis - accept no imitations  ;).

All those fancy analog sticks, triggers and LED's make no difference, if anything those controllers are reduced quality to the Dualshock 3 sixaxis because if they were that good - Sony would have made them long ago and it would be an official licensed Sony product.

IMO all these 'other' brands which produce controllers are effectively knock offs which cannot compare to the real McCoy, they also cannot claim to perform or react in a similar way to the Dualshock 3 sixaxis, or anywhere near it.

That's my 2 cents  :)

• Like 4

Official Sony Dualshock 3 sixaxis - accept no imitations  ;).

All those fancy analog sticks, triggers and LED's make no difference, if anything those controllers are reduced quality to the Dualshock 3 sixaxis because if they were that good - Sony would have made them long ago and it would be an official licensed Sony product.

IMO all these 'other' brands which produce controllers are effectively knock offs which cannot compare to the real McCoy, they also cannot claim to perform or react in a similar way to the Dualshock 3 sixaxis, or anywhere near it.

That's my 2 cents  :)

Damn skippy!

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

I agree w/ DC ps3 or nothing.  

The only time I've seen or heard anyone successfully enjoy using a knock-off controller was my giant buddy nick named "Fridge".  His hands were so large the regular controllers were too small.  I found a larger but cheaply made knock off that he loved, but everyone else hated.

• Like 1

Haha yeah 'fridge' is a quality name.

Give him a high five from us but you might need to wear one of those big foam hands, the ones they have at baseball matches?

• Like 1

I have the Official Ghost Recon Future Solder control, hate it

The kids have one designed to mimic a 360 control, hate it

Dozen Official Sony controllers, love em

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I have a official ps controller for gta5.

For all my sport games (nascar, f1 2012, nba 2012, mlb 13 the show) I use a knock off controller and don't mind it.

Ever since this pain in the ass, I always stuck with the normal controllers.

midT73pe6plbGfY6WKhvJIg.jpg

• Like 3

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

Official Sony Dualshock 3 sixaxis - accept no imitations ;).

That's my 2 cents :)

yup mines definitely is but I am more comfortable with the Xbox reverse analog styled sticks because the original ps3 controller does not feel comfortable in my hands, it digs into the palm of my hands, though hands down the best constructed one on the market. Edited by smurf

I have my official controller laying around I only use it to for when I am rebuilding or restoring database, but what 360 styled controllers do you all know of if any?

My kids have one, dunno the brand but it is clear with blue lights

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

My spirts controller is the same on hatched and I don't know the name of it either. I don't use it online because it loses connection with my headset.

i use official ps3 controllers or i build my own from sony parts, but it will be free rollercoaster rides in hell when i buy a aftermarket controllers, they are just...bad

I bought my first PS3 in 2007, then couple of years later someone tried to rob my house and he/she had already packed the PS3 away but someone disturbed the him/her and he/she left it all. Luckily for me the PS3 stayed, unlucky though, because after a week or so it started that yellow light of death thingy followed by finally dying. So I bought a PS3 slim, the new controller from PS3 slim worked good for around one year then it started doing things on its own and stopped working. Resuming, I use the same Dualshock sixaxis controller from 2007 and it works perfectly. :)

I have a non dualshock I got with my original phat ps3, a dualshock I bought in Walmart a couple of years back and the matt black dualshock I got with my wafer thin ps3

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed.

Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat + Turbo button = Awesome  :D

Depends, if you were the one without turbo while the other player had it = rage

• Like 1

So yeah.... after not really using my original ps3 control for almost about 4 months I decided to fire up the ps3 and use it. I placed it on the bed and bent down to power up the console and crash it fell off, I picked it up and heard something rattling and to my surprise the left analog stick was not working and I had to open it up and use nail glue and hammer the metal around the analog stick and glue a grew piece of plastic that was broken off to the side of it for it to work. I am glad I sold my pro elite control which suffered a few drops but worked never the less because its built like a tank, for the Gioteck GC-2 control which I will have in my hands in maybe two days. My question to you is, did this ever happened to you and would you repurchase the dual shock if this happened to you?

My gold Dualshock bounces off the floor daily but still works, not long replaced one but all mine have lasted a long time.

• Like 2