How to be a bad guy and get away with it

The_Lady_A

For the life of me I haven't figured out how to commit crimes without then being slapped with a bounty, almost certainly more expensive than the crime itself! 

There are a few different mask options, and the option to change clothing on the horse too, but I just don't know what I need to do to hide my identity enough to make the game happy.

Help!

I played it for first time late late last night and I thought to myself, probably shouldn’t kill people yet. So I get into that first fight in the barn and when prompted I chose Choke because I thought it was for more interrogation and ended up killing the guy. :D 

• Haha 1

I must still be doing something wrong here. I just cannot seem to avoid being identified, despite literally buying a whole new outfit in a different state, a different horse, and keeping a mask on the whole time I'm there.

This shit needed a through tutorial, instead of maybe the three fishing tutorials we got (and counting, I'm sure they could fit another couple in).

I couldn't rob the back room at the doctor's office in Valentine(following youtube instructions), so I robbed the register. Middle of the day, people outside, etc. No wanted level whatsoever, no shots fired. First and only robbery so far for me. Not sure how or why.