Best way to make money

JustHatched

What is it for you

So far for me it is bounty hunting. Probably got 400 give or take just from that. Some from selling shit but being a dick to other outlaws pays the bills

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sinister

• DavidCore89

• JustHatched

• Jjss924

I only played through chapter 1 so not sure yet. However, in the first rdr, I went to Mexico and killed animals to attract wolves. Their pelts and meat sold for lots of cash. They kept coming in waves whenever you killed something. I'm going to try something similar in this one.

1 minute ago, Sinister said:

Wolves come in waves just by you being in the woods, lol. Those damn cougars as well.

Cougars fucked me up last night. Ride with ur gun out when in their territory 

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Robbing homesteads.

After you find the score, keep on searching as there is more cash hidden.

At the first homestead, there's more cash inside the buildings and up the ladders.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Gold Bars. 500 a piece. There 3 of them in a cave in Ambarino. Another treasure quest gets you 2000 dollars.

Cool, I'll take a look.

11 hours ago, Sinister said:

Gold Bars. 500 a piece. There 3 of them in a cave in Ambarino. Another treasure quest gets you 2000 dollars.

1 hour ago, DavidCore89 said:

Cheers for the tip @Sinister, took a while to figure out the statues after finding the place.

Also did the poisonous treasure hunt, so had 7 gold bars in total.

Can you guys provide details? 

I found a large cave at the north east of the map but cant get in there. I think if I steal a stage to climb on I can get in. Dunno if anything is there yet.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hatch said:

Can you guys provide details? 

I found a large cave at the north east of the map but cant get in there. I think if I steal a stage to climb on I can get in. Dunno if anything is there yet.

Probably need the map for the 2nd video, you get it quite early in the game, have a look in your satchel under maps.

Edited by DavidCore89

Was dumb luck that I found the 3 bars. Was looking online about weapons and saw a link for easy money, lol. 

I also found a spoiler while reading about a pistol. So I'm done reading stuff, lol.

The Jack Hall treasure gets you 2 more bars. Have to get the first map from a stranger you encounter.

The Sheriff Office in the burned out town of Limpany has a bar in a lock box. The town is near the Horshoe Overlook.

Next to the Sheriff building is a jail house. If you pre ordered one of the special editions of the game (by 16 Aug) there is a map inside to start one last treasure hunt. That hunt nets you SIX gold bars.

Edited by SINISTER120
  • Like 3

I’ve got the ultimate and 2 maps but doesn’t say anything about treasure on it. I’d love to get that as well as the 3 other treasure maps I finished.

On 10/29/2018 at 9:57 AM, Sinister said:

Was dumb luck that I found the 3 bars. Was looking online about weapons and saw a link for easy money, lol. 

I also found a spoiler while reading about a pistol. So I'm done reading stuff, lol.

I feel the same way. I wanted to know how to retrieve the free guns from the edition I bought, I ended up coming across something that i totally forgot is frowned upon here. 

There is 1 gold bar to get in the burned out town of Limpany right below the camp. It is in the building next to the jail in a lockbox. I was looking to see if I had the 4th treasure map that starts there, but I didn’t pre order it in time I guess. The gold bar can be fenced for $500.

I've found that the story and ordinary side missions, and looting the bodies that cone with them has paid a lot more fairly than in GTA5. It seems it's really only vanity items that can sink money, so if you're selective it shouldn't be too bad.

9 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

One of the maps was for early pre-order I think, before August 15th or something.

Damn, you are correct. This whole time I've been wondering where my map was for ALL the treasure in the game. Never thought it would just be an extra hunt. The article I saw about the hunt didn't mention pre order, just owning the editions. Oops.

• 3 weeks later...