Why did you pay full price?

The_Lady_A

Well after my adamant refusal to get RDR2 on release, I have caved in, waved the dusty flag of surrender, and forked over oodles of money. And I got to wondering, why o why did my resolve crumble so? And what a good idea for a topic!

For me the reasons kind of boiled down to other people's hype. Hearing everyone on the forum get excited just infected me, and then when it started getting good reviews from places I typically trust... I guess I just couldn't resist any further! 

How about you? Why did you pay all of the money for it?

• Like 2

Easy. I still consider Red Dead Redemption the best game I have ever played and have been waiting for the next installment for about 8 years now.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lann said:

Because of people like the ones above. Better be good ;)

Same. 

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Well I'm finding myself in the shoes you were just in, Lady A...I have yet to pre-order or even have a plan of purchase. I was supposed to order the RDR2 bundle with the PS4Pro but that fell through when I realized I only want the game so I can play in the crew playlists...and that won't be available until November when they release the Online version. While I'm not super hyped, I do love that my friends and crew members are excited and that makes me happy. I haven't really immersed myself in all the newest trailers and gameplay vids, I saw IGN was streaming some gameplay but im at work and can't watch. Anyways, I plan on buying the game but I haven't found the thing that will make me run out and buy it tomorrow. Maybe this will change once the crew starts posting images and video moments of all the cool stuff I'm missing out by ignoring the story mode.  

Edited by Con
  • Like 2

Rockstar is a developer I trust to put out the very best games, been a huge fan since the first GTA. Despite only playing RDR for no longer than an hour, it's clear that this game will get a lot of play time, although probably not 250+ days that GTAO had.

I don't pre-order many games, been stung too many times, but I never had any doubts with RDR2, especially when we have this community to enjoy games together.

I have some disposable income for the things I like, but I do understand that £50-£60 is a lot of money to dump on a game. People have families to support, bills to pay and more often than not, can't justify handing over that kinda money.

• Like 3

• It's a R* game, it will definitely be a masterpiece and worth the money
  • I'll always gladly support a great game creator by paying the full price
  • Since it's pretty much a given that the game will be one of the best ever created, highly acclaimed and well supported for a long time by R*, the price won't be dropping much any time soon anyway, there's no reason why they should offer massive sales for an insanely successful well-selling game (same was the case with GTAV for example)
  • I definitely want to play it and experience it ASAP, among other reasons to avoid spoilers as well
Edited by Protocawl
  • Like 3

R* games are the only ones that I pre-order full price because I know their games will be complete and not riddled with bugs.

I'm looking at you Bungie.

• Like 2

Because its a R* sandbox and I love them and want to play them ASAP. Admittedly, I  haven't played anything outside of GTA and this seems the perfect game to make that jump. I don't foresee being let down.

• Like 1

I've never played RDR, but I'm a huge GTA fan. Since the first one. I can not imagine this will be a let down. I dont expect it to be as encompassing as GTA, but it should offer it's own very interesting, and fun gameplay. Sure to find hours and hours of playtime. I hope I can spend even half the amount of time in RDR as I spent in LS. 

• Like 3

Dodgeservice.png

Three reasons!

1. Because R* really knows how to tell a kick-ass story

2. Because you're all gonna be there!

3... Freaking cowboys man!

• Like 3

Because I'm weak....

8 hours ago, Dodge said:

I've never played RDR, but I'm a huge GTA fan. Since the first one. I can not imagine this will be a let down. I dont expect it to be as encompassing as GTA, but it should offer it's own very interesting, and fun gameplay. Sure to find hours and hours of playtime. I hope I can spend even half the amount of time in RDR as I spent in LS. 

RDR virgins ftw!

• Like 2

So originally I wanted to get the Standard Edition because all I really care about is the online aspect. But then remembered I had unused funds in the PSN wallet for a game I wanted to buy in the summer and never did. So the Ultimate Edition technically cost me $40 but even if at the end of the day, I still spent $100 on the game...i have to consider how much money GTAV actually saved me by preventing me from buying other games. I'm happy especially after playing just a little bit last night and all i could think of was...can't wait to hang in this world with the crew. That was not a thought that ever crossed my mind when GTAV went online, so that RDR2 excitement alone was worth the $100. 

Edited by Con