Physical or Digital?

Dodge

I'm getting the physical copy. My net is slow, so dl is a pain. Also, when I'm finished with the game or if I don't like it, I can still sell it.

I bought digital version.

I started out against them but I buy everything digital these days. No piles of boxes/cases laying around.

AS JJ mentioned, the only reason to buy physical is the ability to sell them afterwards. I've been playing GTA for 5 years now, and expect RDR2 to provide a lot of entertainment as well.

I know that some people like to collect the steelbooks and stuff so there is that to consider as well :)

28 minutes ago, Jjss924 said:

I'm getting the physical copy. My net is slow, so dl is a pain. Also, when I'm finished with the game or if I don't like it, I can still sell it.

24 minutes ago, Sinister said:

I bought digital version.

I started out against them but I buy everything digital these days. No piles of boxes/cases laying around.

AS JJ mentioned, the only reason to buy physical is the ability to sell them afterwards. I've been playing GTA for 5 years now, and expect RDR2 to provide a lot of entertainment as well.

I know that some people like to collect the steelbooks and stuff so there is that to consider as well :)

I'm not much into collecting, and probably wont sell the game, but hard drive space could be a real concern DC was saying 150 GB for download? That's incredible. 

Dodgeservice.png

I’d go digital, embrace the future.  Even with bad net you’ll still download it in a week.  The 150GB download size is actually 92, but for some reason the PS4 needs an extra 50GB to download stuff, that won’t factor into the eventual file size.

Word has it the extra space will be needed for the day one patch.

My copy is 98.15 GB. with 3 things waiting to be downloaded. The Treasure Map and ultimate edition stuff.

Edited by SINISTER120

Preordered physical cause it was less expensive. And I love the maps that come with Rockstar Games. 

Edited by Fido_le_muet

I buy everything digital these days. A lot faster, no switching discs, makes for a quieter console, no need to worry about the blu-ray getting broken, no chance of scratching/breaking the discs... the list goes on a bit. There's definitely a lot of risks in only having a digital version, but I personally prefer it anyway.

4 hours ago, Jjss924 said:

Same

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Digital. I was so sick of hearing the constant disc noise from my PS3 GTAV copy so I got digital for the PS4 version and never regretted it. 

I might buy a game guide to have something physical, we'll see. 

• Like 1

Game guides are like games these days, I go digital, lol. Everything is online. 

I still have some of my old school GTA guides though 

Only reason I bought the physical copy of the Ultimate ed. was so I can trade a bunch of old dusty games and pay only 12 $ for RDR 2. ?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, wraignbow said:

I'm getting the physical copy at Video Games Etc tonight at 9:01 pm ... with some free Pizza :)

Sweet. Cant wait to play online with you again 

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

On 10/21/2018 at 12:56 PM, Pb76 said:

I like having an actual physical game. I do actually like changing discs. (I miss blowing in snes cartridges too)

Does this mean the mime will be getting into the saddle via disc then??

Digital here btw. We're getting a second PS4 soon so it will be a good way for 2 of us to play the same game at the same time :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xyon14 said:

Does this mean the mime will be getting into the saddle via disc then??

I’ll almost certainly be back online at some point

• Like 3