Done or off and on for GTA

JustHatched

SO do you plan to be done with GTA in the next couple weeks (if you not already) or you gonna hop on for the racing?

I plan on being done with it. Over the next couple weeks I am going to try to get the Plat trophy, I think I just need some story mode stuff for it. I don't plan on turning GTA back on. RDR will keep me busy along with Star Trek Online (very minimal game time on STO) and once Ace Combat 7 comes out they'll be no room for GTA (UNLESS RDR and AA7 suck ass, then i will just go hang myself AHORCADO5.gif~c200

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I'll probably be done soon, definitely by the end of the year, what with RDR, Overwatch and VR my gaming time is pretty much full up.

Will come back if there are special events though, love a party.

• Like 1

I for one will still be around for the racing.  And of course for the crew challenges and events. 

I may not buy RDR2 till after the first of the year. 

Edited by omarcomin71

I will be giving up on it (for the most part) and focusing on RDR2 and the VR games among other things. 

Have been bored for some time now. Even the racing is too much of a hassle these days, see my latest video for what a joy it is. It has become a game played by mainly children and piece of shit adults. Those aren't the types of people I want to game with and the crew mainly does playlists involving terrible adversary modes and endless auto aim killing which is something else I have grown tired of.

If an update comes out that is actually different than the usual play fetch and a dozen annoying phone calls per session all the rest have been I will check it out.

I have a lot if time and money invested so I really hope they give me a reason to play :)

Hi guys,

Nice to hear from you and I'm sorry I disappeared a couple of years ago. Haven't been playing GTA and it's been difficult especially due to the timezone. When I was playing it was always like 5am here. 

But I'm going to play RDR2 and even if I won't be a solid player (timezone) it would be cool to play again with you guys. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, giustoe said:

Hi guys,

Nice to hear from you and I'm sorry I disappeared a couple of years ago. Haven't been playing GTA and it's been difficult especially due to the timezone. When I was playing it was always like 5am here. 

But I'm going to play RDR2 and even if I won't be a solid player (timezone) it would be cool to play again with you guys. 

You are welcome to rejoin/revet into the crew, once vetting is over then game when you can. We've never had a requirement as far as game time goes, just log into the site once a month after vetting and will be good to go. 

If you decide to rejoin just find your original introduction post (or make a new one if have to) and say so

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I'm already off GTA because of my girlfriend's pregnancy and I have been replaying RDR to get me in the mood. 

I will most likely play RDR2 almost exclusively when the game is out. I still may pop in GTA for a racing event. Could be a nice break from the horses and Colt whipping :) 

• Like 1

Like my main man, Lann, I will also be in Los Santos until GTA6 is released. I thought i was done until i played the story mode the other night and realized there is so much I haven't done or seen in the regular game. I really want to do all the online and story mode missions and also fill the hangar. Still haven't visited the Cinemas in game. hahahaa Me, the big movie buff. I hope they are still operating. I look forward to RDR2 cause of the crew but I'm glad I can go back to the future whenever I want. 

• Like 2

Racing will still attract me to the game. But overall I've pretty much given up on the rest of it, it truely does just feel incredibly tired now.

• Like 2

I will not  quit the game anytime soon. RDR2 will get most of my attention but I still enjoy GTA enough to log in from time to time. Especially if there are crew members to get into trouble with. 

• Like 3

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

As far as online goes, I'll still consider joining any special events and such, but won't be casually playing it. Also definitely want to get everything connected with heists done before I even consider ditching it for good.

SP is unfinished on PS4, so will get all that done eventually as well.

• Like 3

Apart from the odd social visit on a Friday night I’ve been pretty much done with GTA for a long time. 

Im spending most of my gaming time on VR or GT Sport now and will be getting Wreckfest as soon as the PS4 version releases. 

I have no interest in RDR2 right now. The online side is completely unknown, if it’s anything like the start of GTA Online, apart from huge server issues I don’t see there being that much to do in the beginning apart from running around shooting people ???

GTAO took a long time to establish itself, additions such as the creator are what has kept the interest in the game very high. The vast majority of creator activity though has been focused on racing which is something we won’t see in RDR2. There probably will be some fun non combat games to play socially but I don’t see it being enough to take the majority of the GTA audience away from the game. 

Once people have worked through the RDR single player and had a quick look at online I think GTA and other games will continue to take up a lot of the crews time especially for those who have always been more racing rather than combat focused. I can’t imagine a calendar full of RDR playlists similar to the levels of GTA at it’s peak.

Will RDRO even have playlists? Rockstars focus may be completely on free roam style activities trying to make as much horsecard money as possible. 

I have no real interest in RDRO. Like I have been doing all my life, I am buying it for single player. Took me 2 years to really give GTAO a try.

Once I did try it, I didn't like it. Finding this crew is the only thing that made me not quit. Those days are long gone though and will never return. A few folks may keep racing but the majority of XDBX waved bye to this game a long time ago. Most of those that didn't only take part in the same worn out playlists.

Sorry for being hopeful that a new game can get this crew going strong again. Full playlists and hours of goofing around afterwards were a wonderful thing and I miss it very much.

I've lost my interest in GTA since some of the folks on my friends list have been steered toward other games, but for sure have not been logging onto GTA for the past couple weeks or so. I'm debating if I should get RDR2, but am really lookin' forward to building my very first gaming PC, so we'll see what happens to my PS4.. 

I'll only play GTAO if something special is happening in the crew, otherwise I'll be on RDR2 and racing games.

Many of our current members weren't here when we were at our peak with GTAO, but we'll be looking to do similar things again, just gotta wait and see what stuff we can work with.

Also, for those debating on getting RDR2, I will have a copy to give away at random next month. Free to enter, but unfortunately it'll only be available to those in Europe. I'll set something up in the coming weeks.

• Like 4

I'm getting rdr2 for online. I'll probably still clear out public sessions in gta with zz and ultra on Friday nights though and race with crew members.

• Like 1

I'll still be playing GTA and not getting RDR2 for a while. I don't see RDR2 having the same playlist  / multiplayer-event potential as GTAO. The thing I love about GTA is the mix of different jobs you can put in playlist. So I will be continuing to host GTAO playlists and crew challenges. RDR2 challenges can happen as well of course, once we know what can be done.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

I'm sure I will be spending most of my limited gaming time in RDR2 over the next few months, but will still play GTA... even after 5 years it's still a great game!  It's the ultimate sand box...just limited by our own imaginatons and I suppose the creator...lol

• Like 4