DiRT Rally 2.0

DavidCore89

What i’d like to see:

wrc2 cars, more rally locations, more f2 kit cars, a career mode with more stuff like sponsors... a free mode stage where we could practice in all kinds of surfaces, better shadows because in dirt rally the shadows are pixelated... there’s probably more stuff I can’t remember now...

I can’t wait!!!

• Like 1

Well, there's good news and bad news...

Good news:

• More locations than in the 1st game, EVENTUALLY at least, with all new 6 locations at launch;
  • probably better graphics & even more authentic driving mechanics;
  • more rally cars in total (with 2018 WRC cars included);
  • more than twice the amount of rallycross tracks;
  • they will continue to add new content to the game after launch in terms of cars and locations;
  • deeper, more refined and more rewarding career mode

Bad news:

• None of the classic locations from the 1st game are in the game at launch (might come later as DLC/updates);
  • only 6 locations in total again at launch (New Zealand, Australia, USA, Argentina, Poland, Spain) and no idea of how many different stages/stage layouts will be available at this time;
  • no mention of VR as of yet;
  • DLC drip feeding coming up with season passes (which in a rally game with so few locations at launch seems rather annoying)

Most of the info is written in the reveal blog post: http://blog.codemasters.com/community/09/dirt-rally-2-0-announcement/

3 hours ago, Protocawl said:

Well, there's good news and bad news...

Good news:

• More locations than in the 1st game, EVENTUALLY at least, with all new 6 locations at launch;
  • probably better graphics & even more authentic driving mechanics;
  • more rally cars in total (with 2018 WRC cars included);
  • more than twice the amount of rallycross tracks;
  • they will continue to add new content to the game after launch in terms of cars and locations;
  • deeper, more refined and more rewarding career mode

Bad news:

• None of the classic locations from the 1st game are in the game at launch (might come later as DLC/updates);
  • only 6 locations in total again at launch (New Zealand, Australia, USA, Argentina, Poland, Spain) and no idea of how many different stages/stage layouts will be available at this time;
  • no mention of VR as of yet;
  • DLC drip feeding coming up with season passes (which in a rally game with so few locations at launch seems rather annoying)

Most of the info is written in the reveal blog post: http://blog.codemasters.com/community/09/dirt-rally-2-0-announcement/

I will only miss Finland and Wales. The rest, specially Monte Carlo and Sweden... may they Rest In Peace ?.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, PapOiteE said:

I will only miss Finland and Wales. The rest, specially Monte Carlo and Sweden... may they Rest In Peace ?.

Fuck Monte Carlo!

• Haha 1

The only thing I didn’t like was the co driver’s voice. In dirt rally idk... it felt more natural, more human maybe? Now I just wanna know the car list and info about the career mode.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PapOiteE said:

The only thing I didn’t like was the co driver’s voice. In dirt rally idk... it felt more natural, more human maybe? Now I just wanna know the car list and info about the career mode.

Same.

Noticed it was different quite quickly. His voice doesn't suggest that he's sat in a rally car.

They're promoting the shit outta that Golf, hopefully we get to see some more cars soon.

• Like 1

Good to hear that tyre wear and tyre selection will be present in 2.0.

Lots of people asking for VR, they'll probably release it after launch since the demand is there.

• 2 months later...

Anyone watching their livestream? I think this game is looking good, loved Poland rally, really nice stage...

People in the comments were saying it looks arcadish and it lacks weight bla bla bla... How can they know that if they didn’t even touch the game??

• 1 month later...

They could be added in the future, or at least I hope they'll add more stuff in DLC's.

Some interesting cars on the list, skipped over the RX as I'm not really into that.

• Like 1

Yeah RX is useless!! Idk... some of the stages look kinda generic, and why the hell they added those gt’s!?!? I don’t know if I’ll buy this game. Maybe when the price drops...

I won't buy until all content has been released & there's a considerable price drop for the full release. Looks just a bit fishy and I want to know what they're hiding in the DLCs first. Probably wouldn't have time to play it anyway in the first half of this year.

• 1 month later...

Finally got to set up my racing stuff and check out this game. Played a few hours of career and a few community events, didn't check out every mode and have only used 3 older cars.

First thing I noticed was the FFB weight. It's much heavier than the first game, completing 1 long stage with the default FFB was a real workout. I didn't change anything in FFB as Codemasters say they're working on a fix. Obviously that doesn't affect controller players.

Another issue is losing all wheel settings in-game and on the wheel itself after pressing the PS button for any reason. I guess that will be the same deal for controllers. Must be a bug. Pain in the ass.

Had issues using my handbrake as well, wouldn't detect it, probably another thing that will be fixed.

Something else that bothers me is the DLC. Many of the locations and cars from the first game are now DLC. That's an issue, taking stuff we already had and putting a price on it. I don't mind paying for new stuff, not so much for 'recycled'. Setting community events to require deluxe version or season 1 DLC items is kinda disappointing, but cash is king and it's a business after all.

Tyre compounds is quite cool and something I wanted, however the info is vague. It's just soft, medium and hard with it being a trade-off between performance and durability. Couldn't really tell the difference in degradation between soft and medium. Hopefully a wear indicator will be added to the HUD (haven't checked settings for that).

There are some changes to upgrades and staff, seems a bit more simplified.

I think the way the cars react to uneven terrain is much improved and is the most noticeable thing for me so far. In the first game the cars seemed to want to flip/roll in any given direction after hitting a small mound of earth, but now the cars seem more planted and predictable.

Despite the things I mentioned, I like the game, it's a new challenge. It basically does all the things from the first game very well, with noticeably improved visuals and small improvements/additional detail in various areas. However, the issues that I encountered did take the shine off a little from a first-time play perspective.

With the right support from Codemasters it will be a solid game, definitely a game that I'll put many hours into, but IMO it has big boots to fill in the original game (which had almost zero support after launch).

Prices have already started to come down, found day 1 edition for £37.95, that's a fair deal. Codemasters prices tend to drop pretty hard after launch, especially digital.

I won't give it a rating for now due to the problems with wheel and handbrake.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1