CO-OP/Multiplayer Games To Play With Friends/Crew + Discussion & Active Sales

Protocawl

There are great Co-op games of various kind out there for us to enjoy that aren't GTA and offer a different, but equally (if not more) enjoyable experiences from GTA for just a small group of crewmates/friends (instead of a large group).

The following PS4 games for small groups of friends are good fun and there are even more of those, but since these here are also on sale right now for one region or another on the PS Store, I'll kick this thread off with this small list of Co-op/Multiplayer games that we could be playing together in a group of 2-6 from time to time:

Payday 2 - Crimewave Edition & the Big Score DLC Bundle

£11.99 (similar price in €) on the UK/EU PS Store until 11pm UTC Sep 19th

[PAST DEALS: $9.99 with PS+/$19.99 without on the US PS Store until 8am PT Aug 29th]

A First-Person heist game, where a group of 2-4 players assume the roles of Hollywood-style masked criminals and take on various heists ranging from Bank Robberies to train heists to armoured transport heists to criminal extraction missions and breaking into law-enforcement establishments, etc, etc. All the while you can customise your heist gear and weaponry depending on your style and perform stealthy heists or go in guns blazing or something in between. This game offers plenty of engaging and challenging heists. I'm always ready to play through some with crew/friends.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

$9.99 with PS+/$11.99 without on the US PS Store until 8am PT Aug 29th

Last main entry to the (3rd Person) Uncharted action adventure series. In addition to the single player story mode, there's Multiplayer and there should be some co-op survival or similar available as well, which was great fun in Uncharted 3, but I'm not sure, because although I have the game, I've yet to play it, so can't guarantee that this one has all that. Still, a pretty good sale price it seems. Some crew members have this game already, not sure if they've tried MP or not.

Rocket League/ RL Game of the Year Edition

$11.99 with PS+/$13.99 without (GOTY Edition $?? with PS+/$17.49 without) on the US PS Store until 8am PT Aug 29th

£9.59 (GOTY Edition £11.99) (similar prices in €) on the UK/EU PS Store until Sep 5th.

3rd Person arena sport game of football(soccer) in rocket-powered little cars, which was available for free as a PS+ game a few years ago. Looking at getting it myself, should be silly fun for teams of up to 3 or 4(?) players. I know some from the crew already have it.

Killing Floor 2

$8.99 with PS+/$11.99 without on the US PS Store until 8am PT Aug 29th

From what I can understand, it's a co-op zombie killing 1st-Person shooter with some nasty boss battles. It was available for free as a PS+ game some time ago, so it's in my library at least and I'd be interested in trying it out with a few friends.

Destiny - The Collection

£15.99 (similar price in €) on the UK/EU PS Store until 11pm UTC Sep 19th

[PAST DEALS: $29.99 with PS+/$35.99 without on the US PS Store until 8am PT Aug 29th]

Best co-op FPS I've ever played (not in terms of content, but purely thanks to the rewarding and enjoyable shooting and gameplay mechanics & co-op experience). I've put so many hours into this game, because it is so much fun with a friend or two and reaching the end game raids (which are widely claimed to be the best part of the game by far) is motivation enough to keep progressing in the game. The usual game content is made for teams of up to 3 players, where as the end game raids are for teams of 6. I would very much want to visit and revisit the raids in this game with a like-minded group someday soon, so let me know if any of you would like to do the same thing. This "Collection" edition has all the DLC included, which is essential to experience the best parts of the game and although the game is about as old as GTAV, it too has a very active player base to this day and is played by many who may have been disappointed in the sequel, Destiny 2, especially in the PvP and lack of raids in D2. Anyone who has this game without the DLC can still play the 2 original raids, though, so it's worth considering revisiting even then. I just can't make myself delete this game until I've experienced all it has to offer, especially the raids.

Edited by Protocawl
New deals
  • Like 2

Overwatch is probably my favourite game right now, and it's currently on sale and free to play until the 27th.

Also, No Man's Sky is a really chill game for up to four, don't think it's on sale right now though.

• Like 4

Battlefield 4 Premium Edition

£8.99 (similar in €) on the UK/EU PS Store until the end of Sep 5th

Probably the best modern warfare FPS available, with proper strategy and team-play options, huge maps for over 60 players, all the military toys and weapons you need and a very active playerbase. The game may be almost as old as GTAV, but also still one of the best of its genre. A squad of up to 4 players can be assembled and taken into battle(with up to 8 squads forming a full team), with each fulfilling any role they wish, potentially making up plans of attack/defense withing the squad(s). Be a medic, sniper, mechanic, jet fighter, form a tank squad, go in guns blazing or use a stealthy approach, etc. Fight in major cities, on & around secluded islands, on mountains, in jungles, etc. We had crew sessions in BF4 a few years ago and it was a lot of fun - I'd like to see us do it again. (The premium edition has all the DLC ever released for the game, which is some really good DLC content.)

Battlefield 1 & Titanfall 2 Ultimate Bundle

$19.99 with PS+/$26.39 without on the US PS Store until 8am PT Aug 29th

2 great unique FPSs with all their DLC in one package. Bought this great bundle for a very low price a little time ago myself. (Look below for more info on both separately.)

Battlefield 1 Revolution

$10.19 with PS+/$14.99 without on the US PS Store until 8am PT Aug 29th

£8.99 (similar in €) on the UK/EU PS Store until end of Aug 29th

Military FPS in a World War I (yes, 1) setting and it's Battlefield, so... you know it's not a pure R'n'G FPS like CoD, instead this one offers strategic possibilities and a different pace like BF games often do. There's toys from WWI, which is refreshing and quite unique, so if that's your thing, it's definitely worth checking out. Similarly to BF4, BF1 allows for small squads to enter the battlefield on maps for over 60 players. I have bought this game, just not played yet due to reasons that have nothing to do with the game itself. Looking forward to playing this plenty in the near future, though. (Revolution edition includes the game + all DLC ever released.)

Titanfall 2 Ultimate Edition

£9.49 (similar in €) on the UK/EU PS Store until Sep 5th

FPS with giant piloted combat exo-suits called Titans. As a pilot, you're free to roam around on foot or call for your Titan to pack a serious punch on the futuristic battlefield. Claimed to be the best FPS of 2016, but gone unnoticed mostly due to a horrific launch window (right between direct competitors Battlefield & Call of Duty), it could be a hidden gem. Having bought the bundle mentioned above, I'll definitely give this a shot at some point. (The ultimate edition includes the game + a generous starter pack with XP boosts, loads of free cosmetic items and some weaponry/perks.)

Overwatch (Legendary Edition)

50% off on both US & UK/EU PS Stores until Aug 29th

Already mentioned here: https://www.domesticbatterygaming.com/topic/10830-overwatch/?do=findComment&comment=203988

Worst mistake to make in regards to this game is to judge it based on the looks. Just watch the animated short films (official, made by Blizzard, one of the very best video entertainment companies) and you'll see what the setting and story of the game is actually about: https://www.domesticbatterygaming.com/topic/16135-animated-shorts/, https://www.domesticbatterygaming.com/topic/16138-more-animated-shorts/

Edited by Protocawl
  • Like 1

You guys are thinking too big. What you need is a classic multiplayer game thats super dirt cheap, small file size, easy to get into and is hours of fun. 

Do you all remember Worms? It's a game I was playing over 20 years ago but they keep releasing new versions of it. I've spent many many hours playing this with friends over the years and it's always crazy.

You don't have to worry about spending loads of time in the game to increase your level or character, you just jump in and play. It's the perfect casual multiplayer experience.

The most recent version is currently on sale in the UK PSN store for £3.99 but only until the 5th of September. 

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP4064-CUSA00824_00-WORMSBGS00000000?emcid=pa-st-111284

• Like 1

I’ve been addicted to dead by daylight recently. It’s a free game for August (so only a few days left to get it for free) and would be great to play with crew members since strategy is required. Would recommend downloading it and giving it a go.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2018 at 11:30 PM, Protocawl said:

[PAST DEALS: $9.99 with PS+/$19.99 without on the US PS Store until 8am PT Aug 29th]

A First-Person heist game, where a group of 2-4 players assume the roles of Hollywood-style masked criminals and take on various heists ranging from Bank Robberies to train heists to armoured transport heists to criminal extraction missions and breaking into law-enforcement establishments, etc, etc. All the while you can customise your heist gear and weaponry depending on your style and perform stealthy heists or go in guns blazing or something in between. This game offers plenty of engaging and challenging heists. I'm always ready to play through some with crew/friends.

Destiny - The Collection

£15.99 (similar price in €) on the UK/EU PS Store until 11pm UTC Sep 19th

[PAST DEALS: $29.99 with PS+/$35.99 without on the US PS Store until 8am PT Aug 29th]

Best co-op FPS I've ever played (not in terms of content, but purely thanks to the rewarding and enjoyable shooting and gameplay mechanics & co-op experience). I've put so many hours into this game, because it is so much fun with a friend or two and reaching the end game raids (which are widely claimed to be the best part of the game by far) is motivation enough to keep progressing in the game. The usual game content is made for teams of up to 3 players, where as the end game raids are for teams of 6. I would very much want to visit and revisit the raids in this game with a like-minded group someday soon, so let me know if any of you would like to do the same thing. This "Collection" edition has all the DLC included, which is essential to experience the best parts of the game and although the game is about as old as GTAV, it too has a very active player base to this day and is played by many who may have been disappointed in the sequel, Destiny 2, especially in the PvP and lack of raids in D2. Anyone who has this game without the DLC can still play the 2 original raids, though, so it's worth considering revisiting even then. I just can't make myself delete this game until I've experienced all it has to offer, especially the raids.

Fresh sales on Destiny and Payday 2 for UK/EU accounts.

Destiny - The Collection

£15.99 (similar price in €) on the UK/EU PS Store until 11pm UTC Sep 19th                        [I got it for £19.99 over a year ago]