Goodwood Festival of Speed 2018

Schumi6581

So, Saturday the 14th of July @PretendWereDead and I went to Goodwood for one day of Festival of Speed.

It was a lot of fun and I soon discovered that one day of FoS is far from enough to see and do everything that is possible there. Especially if you want to see the classic cars, the super cars, the concept cars, the F1 cars, rally, hillclimb, dragster bikes, nascars, indycars, rally raid, Le Mans, motorcycles, etc etc. It's pretty mind blowing.
Also, when you want to see them standing still AND driving, you have to split yourself in two... And then I'm not even talking about driving experiences, the separate rally stage, a full car expo with the current line-up per brand and so on....

Therefore (note to self) next time, two days is the minimum ?

I have tried my best to put the nicest pictures in a Onedrive folder so interested people can have a look. It's stil more than 180 pictures so take your time.

The link is: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Asc2bBRE7-d4uMNVKLjnIOfFOY-eMQ

Below I have added a few Imgur pictures so you can get a bit of an idea.
I'm curious what you all think of the cars present at FoS.

ovV3JFO.jpg

BXOQc7Z.jpg

NBM3DRZ.jpg

HyTQp2r.jpg

Ntk6hEG.jpg

9z6QMDm.jpg

q53o14e.jpg

PbCtJCO.jpg

rhy9PRM.jpg

qgeYJTU.jpg

• Like 9

That seemed... overwhelming !!! 

So much to see ! So many cars ! And what cars ? Rarities and motorsport winners ! 

From the pictures, it seems you didn't get to see much of the hillclimb action. 

You're most likely right about spending 2 days there to fully enjoy everything. 

I'll keep that in mind for next year and more importantly, start saving my money :D :D 

Thank you for the pictures ! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

That EB110 Supersport is one of my dreamcars! Also the 2.7RS is amazing. 

4607_E051_CF6_E_4_D7_B_BE29_F3_B34022984

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

That seemed... overwhelming !!! 

So much to see ! So many cars ! And what cars ? Rarities and motorsport winners ! 

From the pictures, it seems you didn't get to see much of the hillclimb action. 

You're most likely right about spending 2 days there to fully enjoy everything. 

I'll keep that in mind for next year and more importantly, start saving my money :D :D 

Thank you for the pictures ! 

Yeah, very true. We did not take the time to stand at the track a lot. Although we saw more track action than the pictures make you believe....
I also wanted to enjoy the whole experience and not only make pictures of everything and run off again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

I loved the black classic Porsche 356 speedster. I looked so at home in front of Goodwood House. The perfect surounding for a classic car.

And the Edsel too....beautiful car.

6 hours ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

Btw, the Porsche's in the pictures above are Singer Porsche's. The work they do on the cars is amazing. Especially the upholstery and off course the engine ?

The purists might not like them because of all the new things they put in an old car but they do it in a beautiful way....