Did the missions get harder?

Cotick20

I have died at least once in every mission since the update. It seems like the artificial intelligence got smarter...

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption...

cotick20.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cotick20

• bullittblitz

• shortround

• Troysayshi

I haven't had much of a chance to play them lately, but I did play one (Chemical Extraction) with Troy and Pb last night before my system froze.  Overall, it seemed much harder, and we actually were unable to pass the mission after two attempts.

I think you're right though; someone mentioned that RR was much more difficult as well.

Cops and traffic also seem to be tougher, but I could just be imaging things.

• Like 1

I havnt done any regular missions yet since the update besides RR. RR has you start where ever you launch the mission. No longer on the street.

Survival is the same.

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

They changed RR for sure

The following difficulty changes have been made to the Mission “Rooftop Rumble”:
- 50% of FIB agents present at the start of the mission now have high accuracy.
- Additional FIB agents spawn as players attack the parking garage. The agents spawn in two waves of cars.
- After all the agents on foot in the parking lot and the first wave of agents in cars are killed, the mission will either progress in 30 seconds or require players to finish off all FIB agents.
- The FIB agent carrying the documents Martin wants now spawns in a vehicle as the mission progresses.

That's the only one mentioned in their release notes.
https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202114563

Cops are even worse now too IMO. Which is dumb.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Ive noticed that more NPC's are carrying weapons, and are more aggresive when you tey to steal their car, or rob a store, just about hit them with your car.

I had a guy shotgun me in the face when I tried to steal his car yesterday. Needless to say, I didnt get his car.

Cops are even worse now too IMO. Which is dumb.

I think all NPC's are more aggressive and more accurate. Also stronger. Cops included.

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

good, adds a sense of not being able to do anything all the time

• Like 1

Future is nothing but a series of probability

On one hand -- I like the fact that missions have gotten more difficult (mostly because the AI have gotten much smarter) -- it will make missions a lot more interesting and also calls for players not just to seek help from others, but actually communicate and play as a team...

On the other hand -- it will take more time for me to get another super car!

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption...

cotick20.jpg

Definitely. I haven't tried RR solo yet but as has been said above very different to what it was. Guess it's a case of getting use to it again. Complacency had definitely found a home with RR before the update.

As for Chemical Extraction not sure, yes we did fail it but was that more through stupidity rather than it being different. I know I wasn't on the ball but then again racing off with the vehicle might not have been to conducive to the success of the mission. Personally I'd have given it a third attempt...If at first you don't succeed...try try try...try again.

I saw you start something Cotick but the game wouldn't let me join. Returning to gta v try again later.

Edited by Troysayshi

The only mission I have done solo since the update is RR and it was the same except I started off in sandy shores, the document didn't spawn in a car and the people were just as easy to kill. I will try again tomorrow to see if it's different.

I saw you start something Cotick but the game wouldn't let me join. Returning to gta v try again later.

Yesterday, it was hard to host/join anything -- I hope today will be better -- will be on around 12:30AM CTZ...

cotick20.jpg

The only mission I have done solo since the update is RR and it was the same except I started off in sandy shores, the document didn't spawn in a car and the people were just as easy to kill. I will try again tomorrow to see if it's different.

If you do it solo park behind the parking garage so you can chase the car down when it flees..that should make it easier IMO.

If you do it solo park behind the parking garage so you can chase the car down when it flees..that should make it easier IMO.

I have been doing that before the update -- cant do that anymore -- after killing off most of the NPC's inside the garage -- you go inside at which the NPC's come from different directions at the same time and they come four in the cars (not two like before). They enter the garage from different entrances -- it doesnt end well! :angry:

cotick20.jpg

True...at least now you can shoot rockets in there. I have not tried it solo after 1.13 and probably wont.

Other than the changes to Rooftop Rumble, I haven't really noticed any difference. And RR was a bit chaotic the first few tries but once you get the routine down it's not too bad.

Need one guy on that back road to stop the fleeing driver...did it solo this morning and it took me a long time to catch up to him.

RR IS harder AND different, had one car with enemies appear while I was still cleaning the garage, then another with 4 people to occupy me whille the guy with the documents either escaped (not sure how as I was at the back) or just spawned on the map, had to chase him down almost all the way towards Madrazzo's barn (used in Coveted). Wasnt the biggest fan of RR before and am even less of a fan now. Other missions look about the same to me, tried Chopper Tail, CCO II & CCO III, Extradiction.

What I HAVE noticed and it is annoying as hell is that after Martins mission I spawned below his house with my car still in his driveway.

• Like 1

And when the car with the documents drives off be careful when shooting or kaboom mission fail and too easily, I will stick to coveted playlist when farming

• Like 1

And when the car with the documents drives off be careful when shooting or kaboom mission fail and too easily, I will stick to coveted playlist when farming

Me too.