The Getaway

zmurko

Getting better at this creator stuff (at least I think I am). Tried to make a varied one which would have different sections and would be fun to drive. It has just about everything, underground tunnels, highway stretches, twisty dirt roads, fast country roads and even railroad tracks.

First idea was to already start underground (to fit the "storyline"), but I think GTA has issues with this, as it didnt render any of the interior when starting the race, just the car and a checkpoint, so I moved the starting grid outside, which also enabled me to expand the grid to 16 cars and actually added an interesting section with 2 possible routes (tunnels) to avoid all the early chaos and crashes in the race and offer early overtaking opportunities. After you get out of the tunnels, there's plenty of road ahead to make up any lost time (unless you already have revbouncer ahead of you of course).

THE GETAWAY

"After robbing a bank the police is after you. Make it from downtown LS to Sandy Shores airfield and try to stay off the main roads if possible."

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/7FnGM0YkU0C52Rdnt7xCJg?platformId=2

post-190-0-68890700-1400070443_thumb.png

I think I've left most car classes in, not sure if its really suitable for supers though.

Feedback and runs greatly appreciated.

BTW: 100 Dbucks to first one to make it under 6:00, which I think is just about possible. I've done it around 6:20 with only half upgraded Eleghy and couple of mistakes and I'm not the best driver around.

EDIT: Conratulations to desuno1 for breaking the 6:00 mark on his 2nd attempt!

RECORD: 5:55:102 set by desuno1 with Massacro

If you manage to beat the record, please reply here with your time and car.

2014-05-17: Optimized few checkpoints and added another barrier for safety at the highway underpass. Track remains the same.

Edited by zmurko

will download it and try it later

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

Challenge accepted  ;)

:-)

Tried it with Zentorno and it does make a difference, though it is awkward to drive it in underground tunnels. Made it in 6:16:096 with 2 stops at a telegraph poles and still a bit of room for improvement.

So I think you'll need a Super to beat the 6:00.

I like the route, it's a lot of fun.

The checkpoints in the tunnels may confuse some because the 3 chevrons may make some racers think a tighter turn is coming, unless the racer is familiar with the tunnels.

I'm not an expert on checkpoint placement so maybe someone could give a more accurate answer and even assist with any changes etc.

I tried the creator, made a few races and wasn't happy so I deleted all of them - So I am likely the last person to take advice from lol, but I'm happy to test them as a racer, same for any other creators races  ;)

Edited by DavidCore89

Bump!

I'm still holding my 100 dbucks in my pocket. :-P

I see it has gotten around 30 new runs overnight though, so I'm happy it's being used.

And yeah,, that left 3-chevron cp before the round tunnels might confuse someone, but at least it makes you slow down a bit, which you really should when entering the narrow tunnel.

And yeah,, that left 3-chevron cp before the round tunnels might confuse someone, but at least it makes you slow down a bit, which you really should when entering the narrow tunnel.

Good point.

I'll definitely play it some more. 

I added this race to the playlist I ran last night and it was a lot of fun, good course. We ran it with motorcycles and I don't think there are any misplaced checkpoints as I didn't have any issues there.

Good track.

kQ4fIRp.png

Glad to hear you liked it furdog. I have to say, it was a brave choice to pick motorcycles, I don't think I would have made it alive through the entire track.

I tested it with almost every class yesterday and found it fun to drive with compacts (almost a minute slower though), but its probably best suited for sports and coupes. Still need to test if you can get Sandking through the tunnels.

Some of the CP's need a little work, especially the ones down in the tunnels. One points straight into the wall for example. Fun route though, just needs a little work :)

desuno1.jpg

Some of the CP's need a little work, especially the ones down in the tunnels. One points straight into the wall for example. Fun route though, just needs a little work :)

That was what I tried to say in my post  :)

Yeah, its an issue because I couldnt get the creator to place CPs in the round tunnels, maybe theres a trick. I also didnt pay any special attention when placing CPs on that dirt road around the dam reservoir as the route is obvious. Will definitely look into it.

Anyway, 6:00 mark has been broken by desuno1 and Dbucks sent. Closing the challenge.

Record now stands at 5:55:102 with Massacro.

Edited by zmurko76