Game levels that stuck on your head.

Spinnaker1981

Ok, I know some games stick to your head because they were good or they were different. But, inside a game you have specific levels or situations that are memorable and that you know you will likely never forget experiencing.

For example:

Resident Evil (the original): When, near the beggining of the game, in one of the corridors, a dog jumps in through the windows, breaking it. I will neve forget how I jumped in my chair...

Medal of Honor - Allied Assault: Operation Overlord - the D-day depiction, even if not amazing in gameplay, was memorable and I will never forget what I felt when watching everyone falling next to me...

Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare: All Ghillied Up... Sniper mission on pripyat is amazing, as is the detonation of the atomic bomb...

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2: Airport Massacre. Shooting inocent people is not something we are used to do and it is mighty overwhelming when you play it without knowledge for the first time.

Knights of the Old Republic: Valley of the Dark Lords - Just absolutely overwhelming sensation of breaking into old sith lords tombs... just amazing.

And some I cannot recall where they were in the game (cos I don´t remember most of the game, but remember those scenes):

Now, Yesterday I was awarded with one of those gems in Mad Max. driving to the edge of the map to get some lightbulbs turns into a huge experience. Absolutely amazing. Not going to spoil it for those who haven´t played it yet and plan to, but really, really good.

I had to warm into the game, but the more I play it, the more I am enjoying. The game is really, really good. And, even if the handling of the cars is pretty shit, and the fighting is not perfect, and the landmines are a pain to deactivate.

• Like 2

The Last of Us...... i think was the first time I felt like I was watching/playing a movie. The voice acting and dialogue were so on point. The level in the train tunnels was the one i remember the most because of how creepy that shit was. 

Perfect Dark (N64) - The alien levels were some of the most frustrating but fun. 

Ghost n Goblins (Arcade and every version) - fucking game is so hard to beat. Still traumatized from that shit. 

Pole Position - as a kid with a new at the time Atari 2600, thought I was really driving a car

Last of Us - I'm a horror fan and that had me on the edge of my seat the whole game

GTAO - with @BustyRose - closest I will get to beating the shit out of her (and I know she feels the same) without actually beating the shit out of each other. Great marital tool.

Star Trek Bridge Crew - Get that feeling of being in a starship.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

20 minutes ago, Hatch said:

Pole Position - as a kid with a new at the time Atari 2600, thought I was really driving a car

Not hard to guess that I barely qualified at the arcade. 

On 6/7/2018 at 8:35 PM, Con said:

The Last of Us...... i think was the first time I felt like I was watching/playing a movie. The voice acting and dialogue were so on point. The level in the train tunnels was the one i remember the most because of how creepy that shit was. 

The University level is amazing. And, all throughout the game, the dialogue is astonishing. That game is a masterpiece in itself. But IMO, the most marking moment is the giraffe encounter. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

The University level is amazing. And, all throughout the game, the dialogue is astonishing. That game is a masterpiece in itself. But IMO, the most marking moment is the giraffe encounter. 

Agree 100%

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis - the first encounter with Nemesis outside the police station where it killed me many times. Then the second encounter inside the police station where it revealed it could chase me across different rooms making me terrified of it for the next eight hours! Then later on playing on normal (hard) difficulty only to find Nemesis appeared even more frequently! 

Metal Gear Solid - Meryl's fucking codex number. I was playing someone else's pirated copy so that screwed me for weeks! And I wasn't bright enough to just try all 200 possibilities, 200 sounded impossible rather than the 5 minute task it would actually be.

Mass Effect 2 - The End Run. One of the best climaxes in a video game of all time, it absolutely brought the story and gameplay together in such a satisfying way, and ended on such a high note.

BioShock - It was the first modern PC game I played previously only having a PS2. The graphics, the lighting effects and the water was all just so stunningly beautiful I've had a thing for good water effects in games ever since.

Spec-Ops: The Line 

That single white phosphorus scene. I had to put the game down for a while. I will never forget it.

• Like 1

Max Payne. It was narrated throughout the span of the game but things got weird when I had to 

run down a dark narrow corridor, and hearing sounds that let you know his family was in danger.

Battlefield 4 after being chased, my npc quad & I killed every enemy. While going up a old elevator we were spotted by an attack helicopter. After running to the roof to wait for evac, the helicopter circled around & shot down a chimney which caused the roof to break down to the level below. As I slid down to the floor below I shot 2 enemy combatance & fell off the side of the building due to the heavy barrage firing down on mi.

After the dust cleared, It was almost night time, I was trapped under ruble but once freed, I had to amputated a quad memebers leg. We jacked a car & was being stalked by the very same chopper. I did the best I could with the steering but after being handed a genade launcher I opened the door shot down the chopper, lost control & crashed in the sea. Had to leave a man down there. 'For a wolf to survive it got to chew off it's own leg.'

Table Top Racing  Completing the 1,000,0000  points drift  challenge in one go, after the patch that made it easier was one of those good gaming moments.

?

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 10:47 PM, Spinnaker1981 said:

That girafe ! That feeling of joy after hours of hiding from monsters.

That game is perfect. 

• Like 2

I remember the first time I started playing Red Dead Redemption. I never felt the feeling I had when playing for the first time the game never before. I was like "ok, what shall I do first?". I was really surprised with Red Dead Redemption, there were lots of things to do, lots of possibilities to do in that game... That's why I consider Red Dead Redemption as my favourite game, because I couldn't find any game which could give me that sensation again.

I also remember how hard I found to beat Darius in the canyon in Need For Speed Carbon. In really it wasn't that difficult but I think I was retarded or something because I played that again for the nostalgia a few months ago and I could overtake him in a curve ?.

If I am bored I will edit this and post more situations.

• Like 1