Instruments

Firebear926

Hey was just curious if any of you play and instrument? I play guitar and know basic chords on the guitar.

Edited by Firebear926
Typo
  • Like 1

In all seriousness, I did learn to play the didgeridoo. I have one somewhere in the house. 

I can play a few chords on guitar, but I’m not very good. 

• Like 1

Piano and Guitar, but I am also not very good at the guitar... @Crawford1872 is the guitar guru...

I have also played the trombone in a band, for a short while, but I was also not very good at it..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can play some stuff on guitar and ukulele, played cello at school as well, but not since.

Used to do some DJ'ing at some small(ish) events around South Wales and South England, played many online radio shows. Worked on a few studio collaborations.

Music will always be one of my first loves, it's a great way to express yourself, whether it be creating music, singing, playing out or dancing.

• Like 4

When I was at school I had lessons for the piano, tenor horn (like a small tuba) and recorder. I was never very good though and just couldn't get motivated to put the right amount of practice in. I now don't have any instruments. But I can read music and I know, in principle, how to play those.

• Like 1

When I was at school I was only taught how to play the flute... I also have an harmonica. I play it randomly when I'm at mic sometimes.

• Like 2

My daughter (my wife, in the name of my daughter, of course) bought me an Harmonica last christmas also. I love how it sounds, but being able to play it? not yet...

Edited by Spinnaker1981
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

I can play some stuff on guitar and ukulele, played cello at school as well, but not since.

Used to do some DJ'ing at some small(ish) events around South Wales and South England, played many online radio shows. Worked on a few studio collaborations.

Music will always be one of my first loves, it's a great way to express yourself, whether it be creating music, singing, playing out or dancing.

Yess

1 hour ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

My daughter (my wife, in the name of my daughter, of course) bought me an Harmonica last christmas also. I love how it sounds, but being able to play it? not yet...

Nice. 

48 minutes ago, Con said:

I did play the Viola in 4th grade but all I remember is my “plucking” solo. Yep. They gave me a solo part but it was just me flicking the string with my hand and not the stick. 

Sweet. Man id love to pick up another intruments. I think id go for a chello

I’ve played guitar for over 15 years, which is surprising considering how average I am :D 

I would be better but I never really practiced it, just played it, if that makes sense.  I’m pretty decent though, can’t shred like Van Halen but I could be the guitarist for the Kaiser Chiefs or Muse, stuff like that. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

I’ve played guitar for over 15 years, which is surprising considering how average I am :D 

I would be better but I never really practiced it, just played it, if that makes sense.  I’m pretty decent though, can’t shred like Van Halen but I could be the guitarist for the Kaiser Chiefs or Muse, stuff like that. 

Yeah i know exactly what you mean. I have played in a band in the past. I used to play every day. All the callus are gone on my fingers and my hand gets tired more quickly

5 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

I do alright at Guitar Hero...

Love playing the drums

6 hours ago, djw180 said:

When I was at school I had lessons for the piano, tenor horn (like a small tuba) and recorder. I was never very good though and just couldn't get motivated to put the right amount of practice in. I now don't have any instruments. But I can read music and I know, in principle, how to play those.

Thats awesome you can read music. Definately alot of energy and dedication to get great at instrument

I've started playing (electric) guitar for the past one or two months, i don't know any songs by heart, and not good with chords either, so i stick to playing riffs and simple solos from songs i like.

There's a game called Rocksmith that teaches you guitar,  it's like guitar hero but with real guitars, you connect your electric guitar with a special cable to your PC or Console and that's how it works. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bakri16 said:

I've started playing (electric) guitar for the past one or two months, i don't know any songs by heart, and not good with chords either, so i stick to playing riffs and simple solos from songs i like.

There's a game called Rocksmith that teaches you guitar,  it's like guitar hero but with real guitars, you connect your electric guitar with a special cable to your PC or Console and that's how it works. 

Nice. If you can practice and get the first position chords D, C, and G down. Theres hundreds of songs you can play. Power chords are fairly simple to learn. You may know but if you hold the 3rd fret on the E string and 5 frets on A and D below. Its a G chord. You can litreraly use that pattern all the way up and down the board. Also. Playing in drop D tuning. You can play the top three strings with one finger. Bands like soad, breaking Benjamin, avenged seven fold ect use that tuning alot. I been wanting to try rocksmith. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've played guitar for a total of 31 years, taught for 18. I'm now in school for something totally different. I've only made a few videos of my playing, a few years ago. I actually quit playing in 2015. I'm sure I'll start again after school is over. I still have all of my equipment.  Here is my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_PhCkO1UsLLCxuri-XiTHQ?disable_polymer=true

• Like 6