Alert - Timed out loading session. Please return to being pissed off!!

newyork-nightmare

After today's frustrating afternoon trying to get into the crew vs crew session. And nearly throwing my modem out the window and putting a hole in my wall with my fist.

Besides the normal reset your ps3 process.

Please share your tips on getting online and staying online.

Some guys I can't ever seem to join a lobby with. Others I can get invites all day and never loose it.

P.S. This is why I normally host a session and do survival. I can make 20k and a shit load of points in the time it takes me to time out for 20 minutes straight.

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• newyork-nightmare

• DavidCore89

• MightyM

• handcuff_charlie

Think it might have something to do with the quality of people's connection. Having said that you've timed out of mine.

yeah but not always.  Handcuff and bullittblitz for instance I have been invited to about 30 or sessions and cant get into one. 

newyorknightmar3.jpg

Might have something to do with router/firewall settings. Here are quite extensive instructions on what can be done to improve your connectivity:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200525767-GTA-Online-Connection-Sync-Problems-Losing-connection-to-online-games-empty-lobbies

Basically you might need to open certain ports in your fireall or forward them to your ps3 local address.

I always go into Online through Story Mode. Then I go online in an invite only session and accept invites from there. Never had any issues that way. Thanks Arruda for the tip.

I have hard wired fibre optic 60MB and I have issues too.

I have a theory that it is R* cloud which is the problem, no other game that I have played has this issue.

Nat type 2 is what you want, it should be default on your PS3 so you won't need to change it.

Setting up a DMZ is OK but people also try to forward the ports along with it which has no effect once you have enabled DMZ, since DMZ does that for you and will free up traffic, apparently.

I use all default, most secure settings available on the router and I'm not having any better time than anyone else but I will often go days with no problems at all which makes me think that the cloud servers are the issue, OK some people have poor connection and will drop out but not to this extent.

Edited by DavidCore89

Im trying to get into my router settings now. Couldnt find the way in before. 

newyorknightmar3.jpg

Locust said once to delete all your PSN messages and that would help as well, don't ask me how he knows that though.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Only recently has R* even acknowledged that there's a problem. They for every issue prior basically said "Lol you suck, your fault, not ours - here's some shitty tips GL and thanks for the $".

My hope is there's something detailed in the 1.13 patch notes.

I have hard wired fibre optic 60MB and I have issues too.

I have a theory that it is R* cloud which is the problem, no other game that I have played has this issue.

Nat type 2 is what you want, it should be default on your PS3 so you won't need to change it.

Setting up a DMZ is OK but people also try to forward the ports along with it which has no effect once you have enabled DMZ, since DMZ does that for you and will free up traffic, apparently.

I use all default, most secure settings available on the router and I'm not having any better time than anyone else but I will often go days with no problems at all which makes me think that the cloud servers are the issue, OK some people have poor connection and will drop out but not to this extent.

Am I the only one that finds it humorous that R* even pokes fun at cloud servers in their in game radio commercials? The irony. It's over 9000.

Edited by G37

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Locust said once to delete all your PSN messages and that would help as well, don't ask me how he knows that though.

is there a quick way to do that?

there is another topic about this I had similliar problems, my solution was unlink your psn account from your socialclub, wait half a day (to check you can go online and when you dont have your crewtags behind your name its unlinked) then you can log back in on socialclub and relink it back. I havent got any problems since.

Press triangle on sent or received messages folder to delete them all at once. 

• Like 1

Instead of pressing x to open your inbox(or sent messages), press triangle. It should say 'delete all messages'.....

This takes a really long time for KB of data, that's right - KB with a K. Only had a few dozen in and out every time I decide to clear it lol.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I worked it out nvm

too slow

too too slow
  • Like 2

again I had issues last night in the vetting session, sorry guys

newyorknightmar3.jpg

again I had issues last night in the vetting session, sorry guys

Go to the PS3 main menu and run your internet connection test and see what NAT type you have.

It should/needs to be NAT type 2 for the least amount of issues.

I am not saying the R* servers aren't dropping people left and right regardless of NAT types, but there has to be a reason why it is dropping you specifically so much. The only other time I had an in-game friend on my friends list that I could not connect with was when he went to a relative's place and the NAT type of that connection was type 1, more or less same results as what seems to be going on with you.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

yeah Im going to look into it tonight

newyorknightmar3.jpg

Sounds like what HC said - compatibility issues with other players maybe due to NAT type.

If that makes no difference try a wired connection if you have been using wifi.

it has been on Type 2. 

newyorknightmar3.jpg

wifi, thats the next step. buying a long enough wire!

80% of the crew can invite me with no problem. Its just a few guys I can never seem to join. 

newyorknightmar3.jpg