mostly empty public lobbies

kasdakh

As of the last two weeks I have been doing Special Cargo missions now that my bunker just sits and generates money while I do other things.  Since I happen to be playing at the wee morning hours due to my schedule, I find myself in lobbies with less than 4-5 people.  This is pretty good because I have less to worry about when it comes to doing cargo sell missions.  Two nights ago I was in a solo public lobby and one of the crew members popped in.  I'm wondering if he joined a crew session or just got lucky in finding me but he send me a friend request which I accepted.  I don't have much experience in joining crew sessions, but if joining one or someone joining me, is it still considered a public lobby?  Probably a stupid question but I figured it would be beneficial having crew members in a session since I rarely see anyone.

Thanks!

A Crew lobby is not considered a Public lobby so you can't sell crates, cars, weapons, etc. in them. The other person might have joined you from the crew menu or selected "join crew members" from the online menu. It is encouraged to post in our chat box when you are in a solo public lobby so other crew members can do some of that work in a peaceful lobby. Other benefits of having crew in a peaceful public lobby are no enemies when selling an I/E car and you can kick any randoms that join.

Also when loading in to GTAO, the game will try and put you into a public lobby with friends / crew members rather than a completely random one.